SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connection Part 341 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/422315-24hour-recovery-connection-part-341-a.html)

Gabe1980 01-23-2018 12:39 AM

Ooops....and a big Congratulations to our milestoners today!!! Xxx

Canadian Koala 01-23-2018 12:46 AM

Congratulations to everybody reaching a milestone today!
24 more please https://www.surlatoile.com/smileys/r.../minikoala.gif

Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/fHW5c0W.jpg?2

tomls 01-23-2018 01:24 AM

24 more clean and sober hours please. The way we have each other's backs is just an awesome thing to be a part of! Congratulations to anyone hitting a milestone today! :grouphug:grouphug:

julietUK 01-23-2018 01:27 AM

Morning everyone. Its 9.25 here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours please. I have many triggers ahead of me today but I will stay sober. Take care all. Thank you so much for being here.

Neoo 01-23-2018 01:38 AM

09:38am...24 more please...Love to All :grouphug: Thanks Gabe :)

kenton 01-23-2018 02:06 AM

Hey Neoo, hope you're feeling OK today. What a palaver. ... fingers crossed it will all get sorted out on 26 Feb. Palaver is a fun word... I nearly wrote pavlova but that's something different altogether...a meringue based dessert if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, enough of these sober musings. Although give me sober musings over drunken ramblings any day of the week. I'm leaving work early today to take my dog to the vet because I found a lump on his left side. Obviously I spent hours last night on doctor/vet google but I am NOT going to panic. My dog is energetic and well and the lump is probably just a rogue mince pie he stole over Xmas. No point worrying until there is something to worry about. And even then... worry doesn't actually help much. Remind me of that Jo, when my kids start going on dates!! I'm going to be one of those mums that sits in my car outside nightclubs. .. drinking a flask of tea and reading books by torch light... just so I make sure they all get home safe. And if any of them dare stay in the nightclub past their curfew, I will go into the nightclub and do my mum dancing. That will clear the place.

Congrats milestoners. ... 24 more for me please xxxx

Neoo 01-23-2018 02:14 AM

Thanks Kenton :) Hope you Dogo will be ok :hug:

Saskia 01-23-2018 03:07 AM

In for another 24

PhoenixJ 01-23-2018 03:16 AM

Aw gee Dels..thank you for your kind words. I really do not think of myself in any way as an orator - not the next Yoda or stuff. I think firstly not boozing- so no guilt hurts. I think this place, plus meetings- and writing down stuff (I am a compulsive journalologist)...
One person whose trail of damage with booze is as bad a mine...said she thinks that the rock-b was the BEST thing that happened to her- along with having nothing like me- family, money, home etc, because it was sink or swim. I do NOT think it was the best thing- but I think I have tried to make the best of stuff- because of it.
Now if you will excuse me..I am feeling far too mature and have to dumb myself down- watching the old Brit comedy- Red Dwarf..that will do.

FBL 01-23-2018 03:21 AM

It's 5:21 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.

yukonm 01-23-2018 03:38 AM

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 6:38am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!! :a122: :a122:

PhoenixJ 01-23-2018 03:40 AM

Hey Neoo, how about a reallly funny joke that will lighten your heart???

Would be good, yeah? Well bad luck- I only know crap ones like this..

What's the difference between a pilot and a green grocer?

One flies planes and the other sells vegetables...(boom-boom, drum roll)

IcedVoVo 01-23-2018 03:40 AM

24 please. Back to work. Probably could use another day to recover, but I can always leave early.

Have a good sober day.

Love

Red

gatorman 01-23-2018 03:43 AM

In for another 24

Dee74 01-23-2018 03:46 AM

Hope everyone has a great day or night :)
congrats Toddman :)

D

Rar 01-23-2018 04:12 AM

24 more hours please. I will not drink today!

7:11 am EST

zeppodog 01-23-2018 04:41 AM

In for a sober day.

abcowboy 01-23-2018 04:58 AM

"Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny spark of possibility within you into the flame of achievement."

6:00am in Alberta, today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

24 more please, and thanks...

ChloeRose63 01-23-2018 05:00 AM

In for 24 more.

Awake61 01-23-2018 05:13 AM

icy day here, 8:12 in Maine. 24 more of being present.

Neoo 01-23-2018 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6757586)
Hey Neoo, how about a reallly funny joke that will lighten your heart???

Would be good, yeah? Well bad luck- I only know crap ones like this..

What's the difference between a pilot and a green grocer?

One flies planes and the other sells vegetables...(boom-boom, drum roll)

One of the worst I have ever heard Phoenix, but it did make me smile :):scorebad

vanaprastha 01-23-2018 05:45 AM

24 more please.

stargazer016 01-23-2018 06:07 AM

24 more hours please at 9:07am!

Have a good day all!

Lostmyoffswitch 01-23-2018 06:11 AM

In for 24

erfra7 01-23-2018 06:18 AM

Good morning beautiful world of SR

Why I’m so tired all the time

24 more please

"I AM A MIRACLE"
The central fact of our lives today is the absolute certainty that our Creator has entered into our hearts and lives in a way which is indeed miraculous. He has commenced to accomplish those things for us which we could never do by ourselves.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 25
This truly is a fact in my life today, and a real miracle. I always believed in God, but could never put that belief meaningfully into my life. Today, because of Alcoholics Anonymous, I now trust and rely on God, as I understand Him; I am sober today because of that! Learning to trust and rely on God was something I could never have done alone. I now believe in miracles because I am one!

bandicoot2 01-23-2018 06:25 AM

Hello my 24s, please count me ALL in.
Congratulations to everyone celebrating a Milestone!! :You_Rock_

Hugs, peace, strength and love to all....:grouphug: xxxx

bandicoot2 01-23-2018 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by erfra7 (Post 6757710)
Good morning beautiful world of SR

Why I’m so tired all the time

24 more please

"I AM A MIRACLE"
The central fact of our lives today is the absolute certainty that our Creator has entered into our hearts and lives in a way which is indeed miraculous. He has commenced to accomplish those things for us which we could never do by ourselves.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 25
This truly is a fact in my life today, and a real miracle. I always believed in God, but could never put that belief meaningfully into my life. Today, because of Alcoholics Anonymous, I now trust and rely on God, as I understand Him; I am sober today because of that! Learning to trust and rely on God was something I could never have done alone. I now believe in miracles because I am one!

Thank you erfra. A miracle indeed! :grouphug:
Have you seen a Dr. about your fatigue?

venuscat 01-23-2018 06:31 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bb/7c/8e/b...elf-quotes.jpg

24 more hours of precious beautiful freedom please, with so much love to everyone.

venuscat 01-23-2018 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6757440)
i LIKE 'STRALYA. eVEN typos are not the much of a worry.

Neoo- man huhs are okay. There is one lady, a friend now- a good friend just as a surviving human with bad experiences with booze and an intellect and humour like mine, who ALWAYS hugs me with loud cheek kisses, because she knows it makes me wriggle. She use to ask permission, but seems to think it is okay. I suppose so..but not what I am used to. When I was a kid- affection was given only a xmas- with a back rub from my mum.

There was a guy at the meeting today- who is waiting on the prognosis of cancer. Another long term sober member relected a story of a guy who was dying of cancer, sober for decades who said that it is not what happens to us that defines us- but what we do about it.

I agree.

So do I love, so do I..... ♥♥♥♥♥

venuscat 01-23-2018 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by GrantMeSerenity (Post 6757464)
can i check in for 24 hours please :)

You certainly can!!! :) :)

We MISSED you! Sending huge hugs. :hug: ♥♥