SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connection Part 341 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/422315-24hour-recovery-connection-part-341-a.html)

venuscat 01-22-2018 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by soberista (Post 6757166)
Morning all from sunny Thailand. Only 2 days more of relaxing sun sea sand and massages...then back to ice and snow.:headbange

07.36am lets go for another 24. Xx

Maybe the snow is gone love....it has here. :)

Tinker B 01-22-2018 04:44 PM

24 sober hours for me please

venuscat 01-22-2018 04:47 PM

Oooooooo, another Aussie!!!! :) :)
OK...so I am a little bit biased....Aussie living away from home and all, you know how the oi oi oi thing kicks in..... ;)

Welcome love. :)
Huge hugs. ♥

Tinker B 01-22-2018 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6757182)
Oooooooo, another Aussie!!!! :) :)
OK...so I am a little bit biased....Aussie living away from home and all, you know how the oi oi oi thing kicks in..... ;)

Welcome love. :)
Huge hugs. ♥

Haha! Thank you for the welcome. I'm only early days and not feeling the best but I'm determined :)

venuscat 01-22-2018 04:57 PM

I understand love.....really.....just missing home and I get a wee bit excited at the site of an Aussie. :)

We are all here for you....this was a great thread to join....tons of love and support and honesty. Hoping today is a good one....remember to drink lots of water and eat just small amounts if your tummy is icky....toast and vegemite is always going to be a winner. :)

Thinking of you. :hug: ♥

Tinker B 01-22-2018 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6757185)
I understand love.....really.....just missing home and I get a wee bit excited at the site of an Aussie. :)

We are all here for you....this was a great thread to join....tons of love and support and honesty. Hoping today is a good one....remember to drink lots of water and eat just small amounts if your tummy is icky....toast and vegemite is always going to be a winner. :)

Thinking of you. :hug: ♥

Thank you very much
:tyou

TheToddman 01-22-2018 05:51 PM

Ya know, I always thought vegemite was something from a Men At Work song :D

Seriously though --- welcome Jessie, good folks here.

Another 24 of sanity and humour at 19.52 CT ;)

venuscat 01-22-2018 06:02 PM

I have my American husband hooked on the stuff Toddman, but to be honest, not a lot of people outside of Aus like it. :)

NClarke2017 01-22-2018 06:13 PM

Did you guys always like vegemite?

What are the best things to eat vegemite with? Toast & butter? Eggs? What are good recipes?

I am intrigued!

venuscat 01-22-2018 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by NClarke2017 (Post 6757255)

What are the best things to eat vegemite with? Toast & butter? Eggs? What are good recipes?

I am intrigued!

Hello. :) :)

Lovely to see you here....vegemite on toast is the best. My secret favourite is vegemite on toast with scrambled eggs on top :)

Sending love.... hug: ♥

venuscat 01-22-2018 06:27 PM

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 10 pm EST ~ 9.59 pm EST.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us! :) :hug: ♥

1newcreation
abcowboy
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
badgerden
BunBun
Canadian Koala
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
cornpone
DaneK
Dee74
Delilah1
Donnie34
DreamCatcher17
erfra7
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
jenuk
Jessie73
joandmelandhan
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
Mark1014
martina12
Neoo
Nic233
olyruner
PhoenixJ
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RayJay
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
SaturatedSeize
shortstop81
SnoozyQ
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
Sunflowerlife
Tang
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
tomls
tootsl1
vanaprastha
venuscat
VikingGF
Vinificent
Vivie
WaterOx
WeaverBird
wiscsober
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

https://i.imgur.com/s1lU90w.jpg

venuscat 01-22-2018 06:28 PM

January 23, 2018

:nyvhttps://i.imgur.com/d4ddXCi.gif:nyv
TheToddman ~ 5 months!

https://i.imgur.com/zhxY2hh.gif

Tinker B 01-22-2018 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by NClarke2017 (Post 6757255)

I am intrigued!

Thanks for your welcome too Toddman

It sounds weird but Vegemite and avocado on toast topped with a poached egg is delish :)

Coldfusion 01-22-2018 07:58 PM

It's awesome to be sober!

7:58 PM in the Salish Sea.

1newcreation 01-22-2018 08:16 PM

I’m in too

Vinificent 01-22-2018 08:48 PM

23:46 EST and another 24 for me!
I like vegamit with celery sticks 🤗

PhoenixJ 01-22-2018 09:03 PM

i LIKE 'STRALYA. eVEN typos are not the much of a worry.

Neoo- man huhs are okay. There is one lady, a friend now- a good friend just as a surviving human with bad experiences with booze and an intellect and humour like mine, who ALWAYS hugs me with loud cheek kisses, because she knows it makes me wriggle. She use to ask permission, but seems to think it is okay. I suppose so..but not what I am used to. When I was a kid- affection was given only a xmas- with a back rub from my mum.

There was a guy at the meeting today- who is waiting on the prognosis of cancer. Another long term sober member relected a story of a guy who was dying of cancer, sober for decades who said that it is not what happens to us that defines us- but what we do about it.

I agree.

LillianGish 01-22-2018 09:07 PM

Another 24 hours of peace and serenity please.

Love to all ~
Lillian

DaneK 01-22-2018 09:41 PM

24 more for this sober alcoholic!!!

BarbieKen 01-22-2018 09:44 PM

Hi,
Time to check in for my next 24.
:grouphug: Bobbi

ulfr 01-22-2018 10:14 PM

can i check in for 24 hours please :)

Delilah1 01-22-2018 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan (Post 6756809)
Good evening sweetie pies!
Oh Neoo what a frustrating day! You've done so well so far just keep digging in till it's over. I'll have a lovely sparking cranberry and soda ready to celebrate with you on Feb 26th! :hug:
Well guys yesterday was interesting. Eldest went to the cinema with "a mate" and........IT WAS A BOY! Yes her first proper date! :dee
Okay.....stay calm Jojo......she is sensible.....she won't elope before her exams......eek!
Actually I'm really pleased for her she seems happy and it's nice she's doimg "normal" things.
So beware Delilah and Kenton! They grow up! Sob!
Had a great day at work today. Got some tricky stuff done (felt the fear again and got on with it). I think Weavers spreadsheet mastery and general bravery (love you Weaver) spurred me on.
So that's today's little bit of gratitude. Our 24 family cheerleading for one another. Go 24ers! :banana:
Lots of love to you all and yes please to another 24 :grouphug:

I am NOT ready for the dating thing to start!! My 13 year old has had little crushes, which I'd prefer she didn't. My oldest hasn't really yet, although out of the blue one day she told me "I think Australian men are hot." :dee

My baby is 10, and I am still his favorite girl in the world. I hope it stays that way for a very long time!!

Delilah1 01-22-2018 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6757055)
Neoo- no you are not a disaster. You did what you have to do- did not touch booze, you are spreading your professional wings and trying new stuff..a new life. I know this is a poor analogy (or whatever) but consider this..I have had 8 addresses in the last 2 years. The hardest 2 of my life. No family, money, possessions or home. I am waiting for the new unit- which took a lot of effort and hard work to reach..the housing people took a long time to agree to me being allowed into the whole game- be-c I am co-titled on the family home I have not seen since my burns.
I was told end of this week I will move in. I spent 15 hours that day- packing and cleaning. First thing Monday morning- I was told it is delayed- because that is what happens in large organisations, be it paper work or staff or whatever.
I cannot change this- so with clumsy grace I accept it, and focus just on today- the next hour, the next meal- the next activity.
My life is not over. Memories and thoughts and feelings do not change what has happened. The die is cast so I have to wait.

Now- it is a poor comparison be-c your stuff is courts and stuff. But you have done so well up to now, being upset is natural, but your life is still there- we are still here..the world still turns.
Now hopefully, I can keep with my oh so wise words- if there are any more delays!
Support to you my friend. Give yourself some breathing space..go and treat yourself to some really great food, or a movie or whatever.

PJ, your strength and resilience is inspiring. I know your future memories are going to be amazing, and PJ 2.0 is going to rock. ❤️

Delilah1 01-22-2018 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by kenton (Post 6757082)
Tough mudder is awesome!! I've done it for the last 4 years. Incredible experience ... even when getting electrocuted, swimming in ice and crawling through tear gas. I love it. But then I'm probably just on the wrong side of crazy. I'll be doing it again this year. It's fantastic. Let me know if anyone wants to join my team. Tough mudder isn't timed so everyone helps everyone round the course and it's not competitive. It really is fabulous. Honest xxx

I have does few mud runs in y day as well, I can't really run anymore though, I am a walker now.

Zanna 01-22-2018 10:47 PM

24 more, thanks :)

theVman31 01-22-2018 11:01 PM

Count me in today.
V.

tgirl 01-22-2018 11:51 PM

Another 24 please

martina12 01-23-2018 12:10 AM

24 more for me please

lilymaz 01-23-2018 12:33 AM

In for 24 and congrats to my classmate Toddman on 5 months! :c011::c011:

Gabe1980 01-23-2018 12:37 AM

8.32am and another 24 hours for me please beautiful people.

Chin up Neoo, you'll get through this and be so glad these things are the past and you have a glowing, positive and sober future to look fordward to 💗

Take care all those with the colds and flu. I've just had it and know how miserable you feel. Hot water bottles, Lemsips and days in bed much needed. Gabexx