SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 63 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/421158-class-march-2016-part-63-a.html)

CaseyW 01-03-2018 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mish (Post 6731933)
Geeze can't believe I almost missed Casey Appreciation Day!! You rock Casey :You_Rock_

C-harming
A-wesome
S-pecial
E-specially charmingly awesome
Y-abbering (couldn't think of a Y word so had to choose one from the thesaurus!)

Now THIS is how you do a tribute.

Originally Posted by samantha14 (Post 6731961)
Yabbering is the most accurate 😂

I'm pretty sure Bobbie got Sam's password somehow because our kind Canadian would never say something like this. Or at least not without apologizing as she says it.

Good morning, Marchers. I'm off work today!!! Triple exclamation points!!! Speaking of, sure do wish KiKi would check in.

Gonna go do a little shopping in a bit. It's supposed to be almost actually warm here today after the last few 15-degree days--in the 50s this afternoon. (That's 127 degrees Celsius, I think.)

Besides that, I'll probably do a bunch of reading and watch some TV. And splatooning. And yabbering. And not drinking. No matter what.

CaseyW 01-03-2018 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by beerbgone (Post 6732009)
Mornin' Marchers. I missed Casey appreciation day too! But I really, really do appreciate you Casey.

We'll just make it International Casey Appreciation Week next year!

venuscat 01-03-2018 06:43 AM

OMG you guys are awesome....and Mish.....bowing....that was BRILLIANT!!

Sore and bruised but OK....very lucky I didn't break the Suze. :)

Espresso anyone? Vanilla? Chocolate? Caramel? Chocolate Orange?

I wish I could make one for you Sam. Feel better honey. :hug: ♥

:grouphug:

Bobbieka 01-03-2018 07:04 AM

Good morning, People!

All this Caseyniceness is making me want to throw up a little. Just kidding. Sort of.

Sam - hope you feel better.

Mish - hope you have the best sleep ever.

BBG - Have an awesome day!

Suze - hope your bruising and scratches are healing. I'm pretty much a klutz myself. Ask Casey, he'll tell you.

PR - hope your trip went well.

So, I do my training for the prison this Saturday. All freaking day. It kind of makes me nervous. Oh well. Gotta get out of my comfort zone, so here we go.

Having a heat wave here. It is 20 degrees F here.

Have the best day ever, March friends.

Bobbieka 01-03-2018 07:05 AM

January 3, 2018
– NATIONAL CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY DAY
– NATIONAL DRINKING STRAW DAY
– NATIONAL FRUITCAKE TOSS DAY

venuscat 01-03-2018 07:11 AM

I am super excited for you Bobbie!!!
It's good to be a bit nervous.....I always am before something important is about to begin. Good nerves. :) Anticipation mixed in with the unknown.

Have you talked to badge? I know she has been working as a correctional officer for along time. I kind of think that's why her username is badgerden. :)

Love you to pieces.

Oh, and although I am a klutz, I was not even vaguely klutzy yesterday.....the arsehats down the street have a concrete driveway and did not salt it. I had nowhere to go, no choice. Nick is pizzed.....I am going to write them a note so no one gets killed. I may even be nice. :)

Bobbieka 01-03-2018 07:46 AM

lol - I'm sure you will be nice. Nice is not filing a law suit.

I don't think I've talked to badge before. I will look her up.

Bobbieka 01-03-2018 07:48 AM

Spoke with Kiki. She is beginning 10 weeks of treatment and asked for your prayers. She also asked me to tell you all she loves you.

venuscat 01-03-2018 07:50 AM

Prayers from me. I think she knows me....not to worry, prayers can never go astray. ♥♥

CaseyW 01-03-2018 08:05 AM

Good for KiKi! Whatever it takes.

CaseyW 01-03-2018 08:06 AM

First we hug the fruitcake and now we're just tossing it??? I hope I don't get tossed in a few days.

CaseyW 01-03-2018 08:17 AM

I used to work with a guy who drank beer with a straw. He said it got him drunker. I think it was just because you can drink faster with a straw. Needless to say, this guy was one of us. He died at age 48 a few years ago for various health-related reasons. I'm sure his drinking played a part.

CaseyW 01-03-2018 08:18 AM

(P.S. Bobbie, do you like how I created a whole day for myself out of one single comment from you early yesterday morning and yet you can't seem to get National Awesome Day off the ground after almost two years of trying?)

CaseyW 01-03-2018 08:19 AM

And this is five comments in a row from me. Yabbering, my foot.

CaseyW 01-03-2018 08:30 AM

Time to don some trousers and face the day. Hope everyone else checks in soon! Stay accountable. It's good for all of us.

Bobbieka 01-03-2018 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 6732168)
(P.S. Bobbie, do you like how I created a whole day for myself out of one single comment from you early yesterday morning and yet you can't seem to get National Awesome Day off the ground after almost two years of trying?)

Yes. You definitely rolled with it. I have submitted a few times to the National registry people. Now there are so many freaking National days you have to be some type of organization. Maybe I'll make one up. I have a couple months.

Bobbieka 01-03-2018 08:56 AM

Okay, I sent a new request for National Awesome Day from the Awesome Company.

samantha14 01-03-2018 08:59 AM

Prayers and love to Kiki ❤️

venuscat 01-03-2018 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 6732178)
Time to don some trousers and face the day. Hope everyone else checks in soon! Stay accountable. It's good for all of us.

It's also good for us that you are donning some trousers.... ;)

Oh my, you guys bring out the naughty side of me.

venuscat 01-03-2018 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 6732200)
Okay, I sent a new request for National Awesome Day from the Awesome Company.

Awesome. To the max.

Thinking about the product list....what does Awesome make exactly?
How about we make people happy? Give a gift of "awesome" to someone you love. Surprise them with a special gift that is tailored just for them...

Awesome. Just awesome. :)

Um....that is actually kind of a brilliant business idea.....