SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 63 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/421158-class-march-2016-part-63-a.html)

CaseyW 01-02-2018 07:15 AM

Aw shucks, I'm blushing from all this love. Everyone compliment me a bunch so we can get to page 32 today!

venuscat 01-02-2018 07:21 AM

Creampuff :)

https://i.imgur.com/JqtKVTs.jpg

Bobbieka 01-02-2018 07:24 AM

Charleston sounds awesome, Suze. I'll be back in the cold by then. Thinking of doing some road trips this summer to meet a few people. I'm in the middle, so, I can pretty much get everywhere in a day or so. Except the west coast. I've driven to San Francisco before. Definitely a 2 day trip.

PR - I'll have to fly to you.

venuscat 01-02-2018 07:28 AM

Oooooo Bobbie, we are kind of in the middle too I think....and I was talking to Nick about how much I want to meet you and your husband. And we LOVE roadtrips. We spent hundreds of hours getting to know each other while driving across this country last year and we loved every minute of it.

Plus....it isn't too far to drive to you....I looked it up. :)

Applekat 01-02-2018 07:37 AM

Morning friends! Big kids back to school, home with my littlest. Fun times. It’s frackin freezin out there. Staying warm and cozy overriding hubs’ thermostat setting. ☺️ Have a good one!

(Casey you DO rock, ya know?)

CaseyW 01-02-2018 07:39 AM

Time for work. I'll be back in 12-13 hours to bask in all the rest of the Casey tributes. Stay sober. It's the easier way.

Bobbieka 01-02-2018 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6730748)
Oooooo Bobbie, we are kind of in the middle too I think....and I was talking to Nick about how much I want to meet you and your husband. And we LOVE roadtrips. We spent hundreds of hours getting to know each other while driving across this country last year and we loved every minute of it.

Plus....it isn't too far to drive to you....I looked it up. :)

I love road trips! I think you are 8 hours away. Not too far at all!

venuscat 01-02-2018 08:16 AM

I think it's 6ish. :)

Bobbieka 01-02-2018 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6730796)
I think it's 6ish. :)

Well, that's even better.

PeacefulRain 01-02-2018 09:52 AM

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great new year! I just wanted to pop in real quick and say hi before we head out. We are going to see my husbands grandmother today. It will take a few hours to get there 😐

Have a great day everyone and happy new year!

Bobbieka 01-02-2018 09:53 AM

Safe travels, PR!

Purplrks3647 01-02-2018 10:24 AM

Yeah, that Casey dude is okay I guess... :D

venuscat 01-02-2018 01:07 PM

Here I was thinking I was oh-so-brave walking down the street in this weather (paying my rent) and I fell. I slipped on the ice....no traction could save me (I have Docs on) and I kind of fell on my face. My nose hurts. My knees hurt too. But no real damage. Far out this stuff is scary.....the ice I mean. :(

CaseyW 01-02-2018 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 (Post 6730961)
Yeah, that Casey dude is okay I guess... :D

Now there's a glowing endorsement!

That Casey dude forestalled the inevitable by trading tonight's shift for one Thursday night. That just means I'll have my long day on Thursday instead.

Plan for tonight? Gonna cook some chicken fajitas, watch some TV and play some Splatoon. I'm getting addicted to that game. Beats the pants out of drinking.

Bobbieka 01-02-2018 02:26 PM

Well, that freaking sucks, Suze. Hope you heal fast.

Leaving here soon. Hope you all have a great evening/day. Will try and check in later.

Bobbieka 01-02-2018 02:27 PM

Now I have to look up Splatoon.

CaseyW 01-02-2018 02:27 PM

I fell down on the ice last Tuesday, Venus. Caught myself with my right hand so didn't get all scratched up like you did, but I did hurt my wrist. I couldn't carry big trays at work for a few days, had to play the feel-sorry-for-the-old-man card and get the young kids at work to help me out.

CaseyW 01-02-2018 02:33 PM

It's technically Splatoon 2. It's a great Nintendo game where you play as this half-squid, half-human kid. Basically you and three other "inklings" face off against another team of four. Goal is to cover as much of a battlefield in ink (hence the being a squid) as possible in three minutes. The team with the higher percentage of ink coverage wins. It's very vibrant and colorful and the games are not so long that it's an endurance challenge.

What's great about Nintendo online games like this is that unlike all the war shooters and stuff on other systems, Nintendo doesn't allow voice chat so there's no hearing racist or homophobic teenagers berate you when you do something wrong. Or when you do something right. Or when you just exist.

samantha14 01-02-2018 02:40 PM

V - that really sucks. Sending positive thoughts for a quick recovery. I’m a faller too. Like a baby Bambi. Every single freaking year. Well hopefully not this year.

Enjoy your evening Casey. We are an Xbox house and I’ve heard people say some crazy things while playing games. Now DH keeps it turned off. Oh and for what it’s worth....you’re alright. Lol

Well I have been thinking I’m getting sick for a couple days but now it’s official - I’m tired, achy, snotty (and not just my attitude) - meh.

Well off to have dinner.

CaseyW 01-02-2018 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by samantha14 (Post 6731266)
Oh and for what it’s worth....you’re alright. Lol

Another quote for the back of the dust jacket of my first book.

Take care, Sam. Hope whatever crud you have passes quickly.