SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   On My Way # 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/416922-my-way-6-a.html)

Gonnachange 11-28-2017 11:29 AM

Exercise today is going to be a 3 mile walk and planks. I'm also going to do some stretching to try and ease a lower back tightness.

I'm struggling with a dinner idea, but as always I'll figure something out.

Gonnachange 11-28-2017 01:53 PM

Dinner is going to be meat loaf and roasted cauliflower.

Gonnachange 11-29-2017 06:20 AM

5:45 AM fun at the gym.

Warm ups and then four rounds of:

Burpees
Db standing rows
Kb swings
Bear crawls
Turkish Kb sit ups
Alternating standing Db presses
TRX supermans

I tweaked my back a couple of weeks ago and it isn't getting any better so I went very light with the Kb swings. Something about that exercise and me don't agree.

Dinner tonight is going to involve pork tenderloin with a side of a to be determined vegetable.

Gonnachange 11-30-2017 09:24 AM

Today's gym session was 4 rounds of:

Kb swings
Jumping jacks
Db squat presses
Planks
Kb reverse lunges
Mountain climbers
Kb figure eights

We're hosting a small dinner party tonight and I'll be serving grilled marinated flank steak, mashed potatoes, and French cut string beans with toasted sesame seeds. Dessert will be provided by our guests.

Gonnachange 12-01-2017 10:10 AM

It's going to be a low exercise day; at most I'll do some walking and stretching.

Not sure about dinner tonight because I'm going to my town's HS football state championship game which starts at 5.

SoberLeigh 12-01-2017 10:14 AM

Have fun, GC!

Gonnachange 12-01-2017 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6692678)
Have fun, GC!

Thanks SL. Ironically I haven't been to a HS football game all year, but as long as the locals do well it should be a fun time. One cool aspect is that the game is being held in a professional stadium with a capacity of over 80,000, but for a game like this, based on past experience, less than 10% of the seats will be filled so for just a few dollars me and my buddy will be able to stroll down to almost field level 50 yard line seats.

Gonnachange 12-02-2017 08:10 AM

My wife's away for the weekend as of yesterday so my time has been and will be spent with various levels of debauchery. The wildness started last night when, as mentioned before, I attended my town's HS football state championship game. The wildness had me home by about 8 and I proceeded to spend a couple of hours with the kids and dear daughter's BF. :spaz:

This AM I was at the gym for a tougher than normal workout; the biggest difference was that there was virtually no rests. I somehow survived.

In about one hour I'll be heading into NYC to meet a friend from HS. He's watching his GF's 7 year old so I'm sure we'll have some wild times. I know I'm making a bit of fun, but it's really not an issue and truth be told I'm looking forward to it.

Gonnachange 12-03-2017 11:01 AM

We didn't spend as much time with the 7 year old as I anticipated so me and my buddy spent a lot of time walking; I'm guessing somewhere around 8 miles before going for an early sushi dinner. I was home before 8 PM because......I'm wild!

Coming on the heels of yesterday's tougher than normal workout and the extra walking today's workout needed me to call in some extra grit.

Dinner tonight is going to be St. Louis cut ribs, oven baked fries, and corn.

SoberLeigh 12-03-2017 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gonnachange (Post 6693655)
My wife's away for the weekend as of yesterday so my time has been and will be spent with various levels of debauchery. The wildness started last night when, as mentioned before, I attended my town's HS football state championship game. The wildness had me home by about 8 and I proceeded to spend a couple of hours with the kids and dear daughter's BF. :spaz:

This AM I was at the gym for a tougher than normal workout; the biggest difference was that there was virtually no rests. I somehow survived.

In about one hour I'll be heading into NYC to meet a friend from HS. He's watching his GF's 7 year old so I'm sure we'll have some wild times. I know I'm making a bit of fun, but it's really not an issue and truth be told I'm looking forward to it.

:lmao. I will now,think of you as GC Wild Thing

SoberLeigh 12-03-2017 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Gonnachange (Post 6694996)
We didn't spend as much time with the 7 year old as I anticipated so me and my buddy spent a lot of time walking; I'm guessing somewhere around 8 miles before going for an early sushi dinner. I was home before 8 PM because......I'm wild!

Coming on the heels of yesterday's tougher than normal workout and the extra walking today's workout needed me to call in some extra grit.

Dinner tonight is going to be St. Louis cut ribs, oven baked fries, and corn.

Dinner sounds delicious and quite wild :)

Gonnachange 12-04-2017 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6695235)
Dinner sounds delicious and quite wild :)

It was quite the wild time around the dinner table last night; a food fight almost broke out. :lmao Seriously, I was happy with the way the food turned out and, as I'm sure you took for granted, it was a pleasant time filled with good conversation.

Full disclosure: to keep my reputation of wildness intact I stayed up until 9:30. :scared:

Today

Monday fun with my trainer. After warm ups there were three rounds of:

Standing Db shoulder presses
Standing Bb curls
Standing Db front raises
Standing Db side raises
Bent over Db lateral raises
Pushups
Db bench rows
High planks
Leg raises

SoberLeigh 12-04-2017 10:07 AM

Good stuff, GC.

Keep walking the Wild Side, my friend.

Gonnachange 12-04-2017 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6696228)
Good stuff, GC.

Keep walking the Wild Side, my friend.

Thanks. Is your last sentence a reference to Lou Reed's Walk On The Wild Side?

Tonight's after dinner wild exploits will include a 20 minute dog walk, watching some Monday Night Football, and then going upstairs about 9:30-10:00 to read. The craziness never ends. :lmao

SoberLeigh 12-04-2017 04:44 PM

I do remember that song but I wasn't thinking of it at the time. :lmao:

Gonnachange 12-05-2017 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6696648)
I do remember that song but I wasn't thinking of it at the time. :lmao:

Nonetheless, an unintended consequence of your post was that last night I spun the album it was on which was released in 1972. Yes, I wrote album which means turntable and vinyl.

Today

Not much doing on the exercise front, just some walking to meet a friend for breakfast this morning. Let's call it a rest day by design, but rest assured I'll be at the gym by 5:45 tomorrow AM.

Dinner last night was roasted pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and tonight it's going to be pasta (not homemade) served with tomato sauce (homemade) and hot and sweet Italian sausages. There will also be a salad served.

SoberLeigh 12-05-2017 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gonnachange (Post 6697554)
Nonetheless, an unintended consequence of your post was that last night I spun the album it was on which was released in 1972. Yes, I wrote album which means turntable and vinyl.
The
Today

Not much doing on the exercise front, just some walking to meet a friend for breakfast this morning. Let's call it a rest day by design, but rest assured I'll be at the gym by 5:45 tomorrow AM.

Dinner last night was roasted pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and tonight it's going to be pasta (not homemade) served with tomato sauce (homemade) and hot and sweet Italian sausages. There will also be a salad served.

It is really cool that you still having a working turntable. I hear that they are coming back into fashion.

Gonnachange 12-06-2017 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6697857)
It is really cool that you still having a working turntable. I hear that they are coming back into fashion.

Yeah, I have about 1100 albums and as many CDs. Well kept vinyl IMO beats every medium for sound, but it's certainly not as convenient as CDs or the other listening options available today.

I've also read that vinyl is becoming more popular, but it's such a small part of the music buying market that it's still pretty much a rounding error. My kids and their friends, who I think are pretty representative of their generation, would never think of buying music on a physical medium so the demographic of those buying albums or CDs are people like me.

Today

I was at the gym at 5:45 and after warm ups did four rounds of:

Duffel bag squats and cleans
Burpees
Kb reverse lunges
Db rows
Walkouts with a pushup
High planks
Various versions of leg and arm raises from a high plank
Bicycles

On the functional side of things I just finished, along with my son, bringing up from the basement all of our holiday decorating stuff.

Dinner tonight is going to be something involving seafood; right now I'm leaning toward linguini and clam sauce.

SoberLeigh 12-06-2017 02:24 PM

Enjoy the decorating activities, GC.

Gonnachange 12-07-2017 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6698798)
Enjoy the decorating activities, GC.

That will happen this weekend; mostly I try to stay out of the way. :-)

Lately

Although there's not always a correlation, I was energized today and had a good workout. It was a full body one with only a minor addressing of shoulders which is good because mine are still tired from the past few days.

As sometimes happens the plans of the family changed last night and I was the only home for dinner so instead of cooking I made a mish-mash plate of leftovers. I'll probably go with the seafood theme tonight.