SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 49 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/410485-class-march-2016-part-49-a.html)

Dee74 06-01-2017 02:08 AM

Phoenix mate - it's Thursday :eek5:

been doing the same all day, lol

D

PhoenixJ 06-01-2017 02:25 AM

OH I know Dee, had a moment...

Purplrks3647 06-01-2017 02:56 AM

LMAO you guys!!! :c008:

Bobbieka 06-01-2017 04:06 AM

Morning, guys! In a car, on the way.

Have a great sober day, friends!

samantha14 06-01-2017 04:32 AM

Morning! Beautiful and sunny here. Sitting sipping a cuppa Golden Monkey tea and snuggling with Charlie. Life is good.

Not sure what the plan is for today. DH is off too and says that we are going on a surprise adventure....not sure what that looks like but I'm game :)

Tomorrow is back to work and the start of a pretty intense weeekend. We have a music festival in town and it's expected to get a little out of hand. Being sober and aware will certainly help with my ability to handle whatever situations arise.

Travel safe Bobbie!! I think you should mix it up and instead of going over the Falls in a barrel you should walk across them on a tightrope....just saying

Well better get moving...surprise adventures wait for no one.

Applekat 06-01-2017 05:13 AM

Enjoy the day everyone!!

Visiting my sis and kiddos today.
My checklist continues today - calling an orthopedic to get my daughter in - complaining of leg pain for 4 months now. I don't thibh it's normal to walk a 7 year old down the stairs like she is an old lady, and start the day by rubbing her legs.

PhoenixJ 06-01-2017 06:22 AM

Hoping you daughter is okay, AK.

Sam- how about B goes across the top of the falls on a wire- then gets in her cardboard box (with water proof leg holes) walks back to the middle and THEN goes OVER the falls?? Also for the public spectacle - has 2 giant ferris-wheel fireworks spinning in bright red and white colours ? In honour of the Canadian flag..

CaseyW 06-01-2017 06:31 AM

Good morning class. Another night of on-again, off-again sleep and waking up dehydrated. Usually good sleep is one of the first rewards for me of early sobriety, not so much this time so far. But I have faith it'll come.

Purged my kitchen of much junk food just before bed last night. Eating better is an immediate goal.

Work this morning/afternoon. AA meeting this evening. That's the basic plan for today.

My neighbor that I share a bedroom wall with got married this weekend. (If you'll remember, this isn't the same family with the 8 million kids and bird.) Seems part of the marriage dowry includes a tiny dog of some kind that is barking over and over and over and over right now. Joy.

That poem is amazing, Phoenix. Made me laugh out loud. Great way to start the day. Thanks for that! Hope you get some good sleep.

Safe travels, Bobbie.

Have a nice day at work, Purple.

I'm trying to decide what Golden Monkey tea would taste like, Sam. None of my ideas seem very appetizing. I hope your surprise adventure isn't a trip to Ikea. And we all know how clumsy Bobbie is--a tightrope is definitely not a good idea.

Hope that Applekitten is OK, Applekat.

Not going to stop calling for you, beerbgone.

Are you feeling any better, Mish?

Also want to hear from everyone else--KiKi, immri, MITA, Thirteenth, etc.

I'm going to ask for help if thoughts of drinking come today. And I ain't going to drink no matter what. I don't do that anymore.

CaseyW 06-01-2017 07:08 AM

40 minutes later. Dog still barking. It's very wet and muddy outside right now. I'm guessing the people all went to work and left the dog inside. It doesn't rain often here so maybe this barking won't be a regular thing.

PhoenixJ 06-01-2017 08:53 AM

DEE! it's Friday now).

CaseyW 06-01-2017 12:06 PM

Short shift at work. Grocery store visited. Poison aisle properly saluted. Now it's naptime.

How's everyone doing?

Purplrks3647 06-01-2017 01:15 PM

Home from work ~ Drum lesson this evening.....

AK I hope your little one is okay! Sending good thoughts :)

Purplrks3647 06-01-2017 01:17 PM

Can these guys join us on the sober farm?

http://www.upl.co/uploads/Mom--Kids1496347713.jpg

CaseyW 06-01-2017 01:40 PM

I don't know, Purple, they might be smuggling little airplane bottles of booze under all those adorable wrinkles.

Pound those drums tonight!

Applekat 06-01-2017 02:46 PM

Enjoy your lesson Purps!

A-kitten has ortho mid June. Fingers crossed until then.

Hope for early kitten bedtime then working on Bates motel.

Bobbieka 06-01-2017 04:23 PM

Here!

Time to sight see!

Have a great evening!

samantha14 06-01-2017 05:35 PM

Evening all!! Well home from adventuring and exhausted!! We visited a couple of little hamlet towns near here and just wandered around. It was really nice. We came home with some maple fudge (everything is maple here) and some smoked chili pepper cheese. Yum and yum!! Now just having a tea and watching a show on Netflix - Fry-Masters...it's a bunch of people competing in a carnival midway cooking competition. And the winner gets the Corn Dog Trophy...what?!? Lol

Purplrks - awwww!!! They can all come!! So cute!!

AK - hope the appointment for your little one goes well. Also hope all the kittens go to bed (and stay in bed) early for you!

Bobbie - enjoy your trip!!

Casey - when we first moved into our place Charlie barked and cried for a few days whenever we left....now she's just fine. Hopefully your new neighbour pup just needs to adjust. Also weird question - have you ever had poutine? In watching this show just now DH said that he would make poutine as a dish because he doubted they had ever seen it before (the judges are from Texas)

PJ - I like your idea for Bobbies Niagara Falls spectacular!! Also...it's still Thursday here

Well I'm off. Back to work tomorrow....grateful to be heading back sober.

PhoenixJ 06-01-2017 05:55 PM

Sam- like yeah, I know that , like also hash tag- people say that even when they do not know what it means IT IS 1030 ish here on Friday morning, so - like Sam you are around 9.00pm Thursday- backward colonist..
Yes the B- spectacular. I did share about this shopping network wonderment in Whiner's. Just for the sheer joy of it- I think B should appear out of her cardboard box wearing plug-in, electric, luminous (spandex lime green), digitally meter showing- knee length sauna pants. Just for the look, not the weight bit,. Sheer perfection me.

samantha14 06-01-2017 05:58 PM

Lol PJ!! I second that suggestion!!

CaseyW 06-01-2017 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by samantha14 (Post 6481617)
Also weird question - have you ever had poutine? In watching this show just now DH said that he would make poutine as a dish because he doubted they had ever seen it before (the judges are from Texas).

I've had poutine. There's a great gourmet hot dog restaurant in Austin that has poutine for an appetizer. Not sure how authentic the poutine is but it looks like the other pictures I've seen of it. I won't lie--I didn't particularly like it, but I don't really like gravies of any kind. It wasn't bad and my friend Sandra orders it everytime we go to Frank's, but it just wasn't my jam.

Going to curl up with a good book or four and crash early tonight, Marchers. Thanks for keeping me sober today!