SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/408518-class-april-2017-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

kgirl41 05-01-2017 07:53 AM

Thanks for the kind words all. It was a long and emotional weekend and I managed to remain sober.

I joined this board late in the month so I am still getting to know your names and story. I'm looking forward to traveling this bumpy journey with all of you. If you are struggling, post here. And remember, you only have to focus on today. Just don't drink today. We can worry about tomorrow, well, tomorrow.

Take care

SIGuk 05-01-2017 01:26 PM

Well done to everyone for getting through today. Today was much much improved for me. My AV was very quiet after yesterday and last night.

When your stuck in craving mode does everyone find that they think "I can't put up with this all the time" - time goes so slowly when the AV is constantly chattering away to you.

At last some relief of this on day 7!

So glad I have here to come to for support and reassurance that others are going through this too.

Time2Rise 05-01-2017 03:17 PM

Hello Class of April. Today is Day 7 for me, so I'll have one week completed at Midnight tonight. But damn, the afternoon fatigue is a killer :( :(

Well done Verona, Erratic, dreams, SoberTyger, Awake, SIGuk and anyone else I may have missed. Let's stay strong, resolved and vigilant together.

Welcome back StartingOver. It's worth "starting over" again; I'm right there with you my friend, and I'm not giving up.

Dee74 05-01-2017 04:28 PM

Welcome back StartingOverNW :)

Congrats Time2Rise and everyone else hitting a milestone today no matter what it is :)

D

samwitch 05-01-2017 05:12 PM

I didn't see a May class so I'm posting here. Back again after failing many times. Not happy with myself but am trying again.

StartingOverNW 05-01-2017 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Time2Rise (Post 6438676)
Welcome back StartingOver. It's worth "starting over" again; I'm right there with you my friend, and I'm not giving up.

Sounds good, lets do it. :)

Dee74 05-01-2017 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by samwitch (Post 6438812)
I didn't see a May class so I'm posting here. Back again after failing many times. Not happy with myself but am trying again.

thanks for reminding me :)

D

Dee74 05-01-2017 05:48 PM

Dee74 05-01-2017 05:51 PM

For those of you who don;t know, at the end of each month that month's class thread moves to the Daily Support forum to make way for the incoming month thread.

Nothing else changes, just the location.

So you guys will be 'graduating' to our Daily Support forum.

just wanted to give you guys a heads up :)

Dee74 05-01-2017 05:56 PM

Congratulations on your graduation guys :)

D

Pianoman61 05-01-2017 07:06 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up, I am doing well and am 1/2 done with day 5. I am feeling good and having no issues at all anymore with withdrawals.

It seems today I discovered my biggest trigger. Getting off work !! I got to an our before quitting time and sure enough I thought "I could really go for a drink". It was not a big deal brushing it off and by time I was off for the day the urges were gone.

Instead I stopped on my way home to get my car washed, I have no life :)

PM

SimplyFree 05-01-2017 08:38 PM

Me either....lol. I raked the gravel on the driveway tonight.

Tertor 05-01-2017 10:44 PM

Hi. All,
People are doing so well!
Kgirl I am so sorry about your daughter. Taplow, I hope you come back. Everyone, great job in fighting the AV. It does chatter away, doesn't it SIGuk? Like an annoying gnat or mosquito just buzzing about irritatingly and you swat it but never quite get it.
However, in spite of the AV, I actually felt good today. Day 18. The headache finallly left and I went to work feeling good fir the first time in a very long time. I felt...happy! Ya!
Hey, we graduated!! See y'all in Daily Support! :lmao

SIGuk 05-01-2017 10:47 PM

Pianoman and Simplyfree - doing those things like getting the car washed and sorting the drive is having a life. Its all those things that you don't do when we are drinking. Everything goes out the window and you feel your life is a mess, which of course it is as we dont do much apart from drink.

And even if thats all you can manage for now then thats still good. Better than destroying ourselves with poison.

My gosh on days 4-6 I could barely manage to get off the sofa. Instead I made a few lists of what I would do when I had the energy and its starting to work.

I guess it takes quite a while to undo the abuse our bodies have taken.

dreamsoffreedom 05-02-2017 12:14 AM

Morning Everyone

Day 9 here and back to work today :( I've enjoyed lying on the sofa for a week & sleeping!! Still feeling paranoid and anxious as beans but getting there ...

Hope everyone has a good day!

DOF

Willow3 05-02-2017 12:23 AM

Congratulations everyone. I'm on day 6 and doing great regards having no urge to drink. Don't want it. Don't feel like it. A million reasons not to. But my mind wanders ahead to future summer holidays and it's things like that will be my struggle. But I'll have to have a plan and remember that I wouldn't be happy with 1 or 2 drinks. I'd want to finish the bottle. I'm not a normal drinker. So I'll find myself an alternative beverage

Enemdio 05-02-2017 12:38 AM

Good morning everyone. Starting day 9 - amazing sleep last night almost 10 hours straight through - much better than when drinking - hope everyone has a good day and fights off the AV

Erratic 05-02-2017 12:55 AM

day 50 and planning on staying here and also going to the may group xx just keeps me going if i have more than one place to be.

Great job on everyone so far, lets try keep it up .

I had a great time with that new stuff i was doing yesterday so im back again this afo doing some potting and stuff.

Verona 05-02-2017 01:08 AM

Day 12 here... Great job everyone, let's stay strong!

Enemdio 05-02-2017 03:34 AM

Just found out I've passed a professional qualification which has taken a year of study involving several thousand pounds, ten full weekends, and 200 hours face to face contact - guess what my first thought was in the way of celebration! :headbange