SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Cheers for Venuscat Part Three (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/407905-cheers-venuscat-part-three.html)

venuscat 04-27-2017 08:21 PM

Good point....off to our October thread. :)

SoberLeigh 04-27-2017 08:26 PM

Maybe an Autumnberry Service Tree??????!!!!

wpainterw 04-27-2017 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6433022)
Thank you love....it 's starting to come together.
This is part of it....

http://i.imgur.com/OOOJ7dM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BjDEKAy.jpg

The red celosias and the white petunias were just sitting there getting some sun before I plant them tomorrow...

Suze:
An elegant and sensitive garden that you must be so proud of! Congratulations! I am sending you a few white Casa Blanca Lily bulbs and another similar species (Freesia-white) for indoors (The Casa Blancas, as you know, are outdoor plants reaching four to six feet, perennial.) The supplier says that it is vitally important that these bulbs be put in soil immediately since it is late in the Spring season. If this does not happen they will die. The plants should arrive at your house by Fedex early next week. If I do not enclose the supplier's planting instructions (I have my own planting to do today!) you can get instructions easily on the internet. The Old Farmer's Almanac instructions on the internet seem particularly helpful

Fondly,

Bill and Boswell.

Kris47 04-28-2017 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 6432887)
Love your new flowers! :) Nothing like blooming flowers to cheer the soul. :hug:

I agree. I try to put in a new vase of flowers every other day. :)

Right now they're daffys and other little springlike flowers.

Vee,Do you like coral bells?

If you take some more pics take a close up of the leaves on your tree. It may be easier to identify.

Don't think it is a tree that prospers up here.

Dh knows every tree that lives here.
BIL has passed but would know as he was a botanist. In any case it is lovely in your garden.

phoebe64 04-28-2017 05:42 AM

Suze, you are inspiring me to try some container gardening! It's so pretty and I love the texture or different plants, pots, hanging apparatus, and differing levels of garden achieved. Also, each small addition is easy, vs digging on my hands and knees, and probably no weeds in containers. :)

wpainterw 04-28-2017 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kris47 (Post 6433488)
I agree. I try to put in a new vase of flowers every other day. :)

BIL has passed but would know as he was a botanist. In any case it is lovely in your garden.

Does "BIL" refer to me? I didn't know I was dead ("passed"?) But it's always useful to know in order to get to know the blokes (mates?) over in the cemetery!
This garden of Suze's is a jewel. At this point it might be wise not to crowd it too much. Let the plants do their thing. Assume that two or three lilies (white) won't crowd it too much. Case Blanca can be planted in the Fall but these ones I'm sending won't keep in storage over the summer..

Bill.

2ndhandrose 04-28-2017 06:10 AM

Suze, I love your "inside out" mat :)

And the whole patio is looking very inviting!

:grouphug:

Leshar 04-28-2017 06:40 AM

Oh Suze, I really love your walled garden and what you have done with it! Your secret garden!
Could your tree be a spirea? It looks familiar to a couple of mine.

venuscat 04-28-2017 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by wpainterw (Post 6433183)
Suze:
An elegant and sensitive garden that you must be so proud of! Congratulations! I am sending you a few white Casa Blanca Lily bulbs and another similar species (Freesia-white) for indoors (The Casa Blancas, as you know, are outdoor plants reaching four to six feet, perennial.) The supplier says that it is vitally important that these bulbs be put in soil immediately since it is late in the Spring season. If this does not happen they will die. The plants should arrive at your house by Fedex early next week. If I do not enclose the supplier's planting instructions (I have my own planting to do today!) you can get instructions easily on the internet. The Old Farmer's Almanac instructions on the internet seem particularly helpful

Fondly,

Bill and Boswell.

Thank you so much, but I am completely allergic to lilies. :( :hug: ♥

venuscat 04-28-2017 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Leshar (Post 6433584)
Oh Suze, I really love your walled garden and what you have done with it! Your secret garden!

Yes.....it is indeed my secret garden. That's what I have been calling it.
And I loved that book when I was young. :)

I looked up those trees....I don't think it's a spirea. But thank you so much love. :hug: ♥

SoberLeigh 04-28-2017 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by phoebe64 (Post 6433497)
Suze, you are inspiring me to try some container gardening! It's so pretty and I love the texture or different plants, pots, hanging apparatus, and differing levels of garden achieved. Also, each small addition is easy, vs digging on my hands and knees, and probably no weeds in containers. :)

I agree, phoebe; container gardening rocks,

SoberLeigh 04-28-2017 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6433746)

I looked up those trees....I don't think it's a spirea. But thank you so much love. :hug: ♥

:)!Secret Garden! :)

Perfect!!!!

venuscat 04-28-2017 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by 2ndhandrose (Post 6433541)
Suze, I love your "inside out" mat :)

And the whole patio is looking very inviting!

:grouphug:

As things grow it will get better and better....a long way to go. :) :hug: ♥

And thank you. ♥

venuscat 04-28-2017 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6433083)
Maybe an Autumnberry Service Tree??????!!!!

Don't think so....

SoberLeigh 04-28-2017 08:21 AM

Is the tree, perhaps, an Autumnberry Service Tree?

venuscat 04-28-2017 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by phoebe64 (Post 6433497)

I like the mix....we shall see how it all works out. :) :hug: ♥

SoberLeigh 04-28-2017 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6433746)

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6433751)
Don't think so....

:lmao

Posting at the same time!!!!!

Kris47 04-28-2017 08:49 AM

I couldn't tell in the picture if the tree had leaves or flowers. A spirea does "bend or droop with the wind." A good guess as far as I'm concerned.

All one needs is an iced tea or hot one to enjoy the wonderful surroundings.

Kris47 04-28-2017 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by wpainterw (Post 6433510)
Does "BIL" refer to me? I didn't know I was dead ("passed"?) But it's always useful to know in order to get to know the blokes (mates?) over in the cemetery!
This garden of Suze's is a jewel. At this point it might be wise not to crowd it too much. Let the plants do their thing. Assume that two or three lilies (white) won't crowd it too much. Case Blanca can be planted in the Fall but these ones I'm sending won't keep in storage over the summer..

Bill.

I agree with you Bill but no, you're not My Brother-in- law as he would have been 107. You could be a fine friend as you probably would not want to be part of the family. We all love our flowers though and like to band birds. Many of us have chosen the lake over the cemetery. Too many skeeters there at the lake.

wpainterw 04-28-2017 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6433743)
Thank you so much, but I am completely allergic to lilies. :( :hug: ♥

Dear Suze:
I'm quite sure I mentioned awhile back that I was sending you some. They were sent with love and hope that you and Nick will remember me. Don't bother returning them. Throw them away or give them away. I assume that you received the other box I sent, the one containing the illustrated translations of the Tao Te Ching and iChing, inscribed by me with love on the title page. I hope it's not lost because these are now fairly hard to find.

In sadness

Bill.