SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Part 39 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/404766-class-july-2013-part-39-a.html)

Dee74 02-13-2017 02:08 AM

Class of July 2013 Part 39

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-38-a-20.html

D

venuscat 02-13-2017 02:14 AM

Thank you Dee, and goodnight. :hug: ♥

Gilmer 02-13-2017 02:24 AM

Good morning! :)

Dee74 02-13-2017 02:26 AM

night guys :)

D

Ladybug2 02-13-2017 07:56 AM

Hi everyone! Had a busy, but great and sober weekend. My daughter's bd party was a lot of fun. I usually drink the night after a bday party ... my AV tells me I deserve it as a reward for all the planning, etc I put into it. This year I didn't listen to it. My reward was a happy little girl and no hangover yesterday :)

Does anyone have anything special or fun planned for Valentines Day? I'm going to volunteer at my daughter's school party, but that's about it.

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

Gilmer 02-13-2017 12:54 PM

No plans whatsoever. Neither one of us fancies getting trampled by the crowds! :hide

SnoozyQ 02-13-2017 03:43 PM

Hahaha Gilmer :scared:

I'm with you!

We don't do anything for Valentines. Leave it for the younguns lol.
Ladybug, I'm so proud of you for getting through your daughters birthday . That must've been hard to do, but you did it xxxx love you :kiss:

I have a dilemma guys and I really need your input here.

Katie has asked me to go to her birthday on Saturday night. She's has barely spoken to me for a couple of months.

I said yes ok as a quick reflex answer. It's a 60s theme which I love but I don't think I'm safe to go to be perfectly honest.

All her friends drink, my ex husband drinks and her girlfriends and guy friends drink. I think I'll be setting myself up for a big fail.

If I go for an hour even, I think it's too early in my recovery and I'll be tempted.

I'm risking her not talking to me and being really upset I didn't go.

Gilmer 02-13-2017 03:48 PM

Could you just talk to her and be completely honest? Tell her that you want to come from the bottom of your heart, but you think you might not be able to resist drinking if you do, and drinking is "just so bad for me."

Definitely thank her for inviting you, and ask to maybe take a rain check.

BTW, did you end up buying her the birthday gift?

Dee74 02-13-2017 03:56 PM

She might be even more upset if you go and get wasted.

She knows your struggle, right? - I'd be honest and tell her what you just told us - maybe you and her can make another date for coffee or something?

D

resolute50 02-13-2017 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Squirrel foraging for bird seed in the snow. Lil bugger.
He was ducking right under the snow and disappearing for a while before coming up for air.

venuscat 02-13-2017 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 6332301)
Hahaha Gilmer :scared:

I'm with you!

We don't do anything for Valentines. Leave it for the younguns lol.
Ladybug, I'm so proud of you for getting through your daughters birthday . That must've been hard to do, but you did it xxxx love you :kiss:

I have a dilemma guys and I really need your input here.

Katie has asked me to go to her birthday on Saturday night. She's has barely spoken to me for a couple of months.

I said yes ok as a quick reflex answer. It's a 60s theme which I love but I don't think I'm safe to go to be perfectly honest.

All her friends drink, my ex husband drinks and her girlfriends and guy friends drink. I think I'll be setting myself up for a big fail.

If I go for an hour even, I think it's too early in my recovery and I'll be tempted.

I'm risking her not talking to me and being really upset I didn't go.

Love ~ I think you answered your own question.
Please talk to her, and tell her how you're feeling.
She loves you, and respects your journey. :hug: ♥

venuscat 02-13-2017 06:26 PM

And I see that we all just basically said the same thing Wendy love.
You have ALL of our support. :hug:

And that photo is AWESOME Bob! Thank you for sharing. :) :hug: ♥

Dee74 02-13-2017 06:26 PM

Great pic Bob :)

D

PhoenixJ 02-13-2017 07:51 PM

Said it on another thread. The first thing I thought of today (V-day here) was happy memories of when I made a fuss and did corny make a fuss romantic stuff. Alone now. First thought- BOOZE WILL MAKE EVERYTHING WORSE'. Not to apply transference. To remind myself then was then- and now is now.
Do not drink folks. Post, go to a meeting. Have a great planned event without any booze. If there is booze at an event- do you HVE to go? What is important- to look happy and nice, or sobriety?

venuscat 02-13-2017 07:54 PM

(((PJ))) ♥

Thank you for this message love....I appreciate how this day can be a trigger for people.

SnoozyQ 02-13-2017 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6332584)
Said it on another thread. The first thing I thought of today (V-day here) was happy memories of when I made a fuss and did corny make a fuss romantic stuff. Alone now. First thought- BOOZE WILL MAKE EVERYTHING WORSE'. Not to apply transference. To remind myself then was then- and now is now.
Do not drink folks. Post, go to a meeting. Have a great planned event without any booze. If there is booze at an event- do you HVE to go? What is important- to look happy and nice, or sobriety?

Well said Pj. Thanks honey xx :kiss:

Ladybug2 02-14-2017 06:40 AM

Snoozy, I agree with the others. I think you should talk to Katie and be honest with you. I'm sure she will be proud of your sobriety. Maybe you can take her to lunch or meet for a coffee, as Dee suggested? Hoping it all works out. I can understand how it could be a hard decision for you.

Thank you, PJ, for you motivational post. I have no plans or desire to drink today. Of course, I know that could change in a heartbeat, but I think I have a pretty good plan for the day.

Hi and much love to everyone else!

PhoenixJ 02-14-2017 07:14 AM

:thanks

Leshar 02-14-2017 01:25 PM

Hi all, just checking in. Nothing new. Pretty flat.

venuscat 02-14-2017 01:34 PM

(((Leshar))) ♥