SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Part 39 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/404766-class-july-2013-part-39-a.html)

venuscat 02-22-2017 05:15 PM

Crois ~ sorry, but no. Not OK.
I really wish you would choose your words more carefully.

Dee74 02-22-2017 05:17 PM

I'm choosing my words very carefully :)

I've been without access before or spotty access. It sucks. but with things like Telstra you can only do what you can.

Call them, post to them on FB, do what you can - and then leave it...the bottom line is they'll fix it when they fix it.

I know the internet is important to you right now, I know its annoying, but you have stuff you can do without it.

It's not worth making yourself sick over because its not in your power to fix it.

I hope they can at least give you back the data for your phone to get you through til Monday :)

I think you'll enjoy the US - no telco monopolies :)

D

venuscat 02-22-2017 05:28 PM

I am not making myself sick over this.
I am very sick is all.

Dee74 02-22-2017 05:33 PM

OK - clearly I'm not helping either.
My bad - I hope things get sorted out Suze :)

D

venuscat 02-22-2017 05:34 PM

You always help Dee.... :hug: ♥

Dee74 02-22-2017 05:37 PM

I wasn't suggesting your sickness was all in your mind either - I was trying to get across the point this added worry can't be helping.

Just wanted to make that clear :)

D

venuscat 02-22-2017 05:39 PM

I know....really.
And of course you're right :hug:

Dee74 02-22-2017 06:24 PM

and...for what it's worth I don't think Crois was saying anything different to me. Crois is always full of straight talking good advice :)

we're all on your side Suze and want to see you happy and well :)

D

PhoenixJ 02-22-2017 06:44 PM

VC- you are under a lot of stress. Just focus on your health, remember your HALTY stuff. Obvious- but being reminded does not hurt.

venuscat 02-22-2017 06:46 PM

Absolutely. :) :hug:

And I love Dee's version....HALTS...the last one is sad.

resolute50 02-22-2017 07:14 PM

Hi gang.

I watched this funny guy in a YouTube video tonight.
He said" I'm absolutely positive, I don't know what's going to happen,this is not rocket surgery you know.":lmao

Leshar 02-22-2017 07:17 PM

Hi, thanks for the thoughts, just checking in, don't have much to say, and not in good form, sorry I can't offer support.

venuscat 02-22-2017 07:24 PM

(((Leshar))) ♥

We are here for you love....

How is that gorgeous Tiki bird? :) :hug: ♥

venuscat 02-22-2017 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by resolute50 (Post 6343342)
Hi gang.

I watched this funny guy in a YouTube video tonight.
He said" I'm absolutely positive, I don't know what's going to happen,this is not rocket surgery you know.":lmao

:roflmao Bob.

Love that one. :hug:

Leshar 02-23-2017 08:47 AM

Sorry I'm a misery guts, folks.

Suze, I can't imagine dealing with your internet stuff when it's so vital to connect to get things done for your move and business wise. I get what Croissant is saying about options, but I imagine you're not well enough at present to seek out other internet sources. I recently spent two hours on the phone with my provider because I had no internet. That was enough to do me in. And my iPad wifi service isn't working properly, but I can't face dealing with my provider again at least not at the moment.
Try not to get too upset, I agree it's a good idea to take a break when these stresses arise, but each one of us is different. And we communicate differently...

Snoozy, what happened?

I was in bad form yesterday evening. I'm volunteering for a play, but there's always one of those types who've been around forever and want to lord it over you. Like props I picked out weren't good enough and comments like, it's all right dear, you'll learn under my mentorship. I hate being called dear for one thing. I wanted to tell her to shove the broom (a prop) up her arse.

Then I broke down and emailed Mark to see if he wanted to go to a play. He's texted me here and there and I've been cordial, but not encouraging in response. So many idiots on the dating site I'm on, and I got wistful and contacted Mark. Bad idea. He hasn't responded. My mum had a saying from a poem, you're wasting your sweetness on the desert air, too right, im an idiot, I should leave well enough alone.

Suze, Tiki is insufferable atm. screaming and it driving me crazy!
Ok nuf, going out for a walk, at least it's warmer and the sun is out.
Love you all.

PhoenixJ 02-23-2017 03:03 PM

Leshar- I am please to see another person in not Australia land knows how to spell arse. It sounds so much more nasty than ass.

venuscat 02-23-2017 03:27 PM

Oh Leshar, honey, you are NOT an idiot. Not now, and not ever.
Trying and trying no matter how many challenging people are on dating sites is admirable. I would have pulled my hair out a long time ago. And maybe Mark will get back to you....he might even have been out of town. And if not, well, that's most definitely his loss.

And that 'dear' thing completely does my head in as well, and gosh I would have asked that woman to stop calling me that. Or maybe not. I realise that those things can seem confrontational even if you don't mean it that way.

And Venus always used to behave terribly when I was under stress....yep, I had to control my behaviour for my cat. Challenging. Birds are like that too I guess.
Maybe you can sing to him. :)

Sending you more love. And many many hugs.
I know you feel awful right now, but from my perspective you are pretty amazing. ♥♥♥♥♥

And thank you for understanding my situation here ~ I did not mean to cause an issue yesterday. Of course. You guys KNOW me. But every single thing I am doing right now requires the internet. And it's not just that, I have no landline now. So that's a huge pain. And my telco keeps calling me back, over and over trying to work out the whole thing from the beginning. If I don't take the calls, I have no chance of getting this fixed. And they are mystified. I don't care anymore. I really don't. All I want is the data on my phone they have promised me 3 times now. And nope, it's still not there. I need it to talk to Nick as well. So really, this could not be worse.

I've made a plan. I can go over as much as I need to, and they even suggested that, (because they can't seem to do a simple thing like add data to my phone, and they are mystified by that as well, lordy), BUT, they will charge me and then credit me. Nu uh. Not a chance. I am a very honest person, but that is one bill I will not be paying.

I know....huge diatribe. I'm OK. Almost. Still pretty peeved by their incompetence though. I promise this is the last word I will ever say about it.

I'm sorry that I caused an issue Crois. I really am. That upsets me more than anything. I hope that you know how much I care for you, and greatly respect you.

OK....enough me stuff.

Snooz....talk to us....what's going on?
Please let us help you.

Huge amounts of love to everyone here. :grouphug:

resolute50 02-23-2017 06:50 PM

Hey Wendy, where are you?

Hello everybody.
I'm thankful tomorrow is Friday.

SnoozyQ 02-23-2017 11:09 PM

Hello everyone , and im fine thanks. I fell down, I got straight back up.
I've been to see my counsellor and my GP .

He was very pleased . I ran out my antidepressants and didn't realise . He said I was self medicating.

Shaun and I sat down and had a good talk .

I'm looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I'm going to sleep over Angies on Monday night and take her for ' the big ' apt Tuesday morning.

I've got to be strong through this and stop trying to hide from life. It is what it is and I'm not he only one in the world who has to face up to the hard stuff.

Suze please don't get upset, I'm sure you are going through an insurmountable amount of stress , but I really didn't see any offence in what a Crois was saying . I took it just the opposite actually.

Crois talks straight and to the point and the was no maliciousness or anything untoward in her wording.

I read it over & over & I just can't see it.

We are all very different personalities in here & after knowing everyone so pwell in here now, I know it would never be intentional :D

Just remember, we can't detect tone over the internet.
I'm just gonna have to side with Crois on this one, but it doesn't mean I love you any less. It's merely my opinion ! :grouphug:

We don't need to disect it anymore :kiss:

Bob I love that pic you put up .

Leshar, I love it when you write longer posts , it was so lovely to see :-)

Suze are you all packed and ready to go ? Have you got butterflies in your tummy yet.
Are you staying there for good ? Or coming back ?

Dee, Ladybug, Gilmer, Pj , njkitty ,Pete, love you all too.

I'm really sorry to hear so many of you have been or still are sick :sick: wishing you all well and hugs to all of you, my darling friends xxxx

Dee74 02-23-2017 11:49 PM

Well I'm gonna be the curmudgeon and say I still think something like AA could be good for you Snooz. It might help you find a recovery that endures, regardless of circumstances.

I wouldn't say it if I didn't think it, and you, were worth it, but in the end of course it's your life and your recovery.

I hope everyone else is doing ok this weekend :)

D