SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 45 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/402222-one-year-over-part-45-a.html)

Kris47 01-13-2017 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by gleefan (Post 6288236)
Hi Zero! Nice job on the sober time, friend. :)

Absolutely!

Hi Glee!

Kris47 01-13-2017 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mags1 (Post 6288501)
Morning overs,

Hi zero, congratulations on the sober days, 1111. Had to smile at the phrase hammered! They're all destroying words with alcohol aren't they, wasted, stoned, what's your poison to name a few, lol.

Carlos, about the allergies, I haven't been tested for food allergies but I wonder if I have a problem with some! After wine I always had bad sinuses, sugar I think and I suspect dairy triggers me too. I don't think I'm ready for the whole30 just yet though. Need to get my mindset right!

I've looked outside and there's no snow yet! They say 5am today to late tonight but we may just miss it.

Keep safe in the icy/snowy weather and stay warm.:grouphug:

........................smashed, guttered, pickled, stewed. Happy to be out of that casserole.

Start by eliminating one food at a time. Hopefully you'll find the culprit.

Kris47 01-13-2017 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover (Post 6288720)
Welcome, Zero!

So happy that I'm living sober. Just have to say it "out loud" once in awhile:)

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!

Our CheerLeader today!! YAY!

stargazer016 01-13-2017 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by tootsl1 (Post 6288587)

FG, we have it slippery and wintery across here now too, a smattering of snow, but that won't last. Bloody cold though!
Hubby and I keep asking ourselves 'why did we buy ourselves a house in Spain only to go through yet another flippin Scottish winter!! ( answers on a postcard please!)

Perhaps that is why my ancestors left the home country 350 years ago. More likely, they were just a bunch of rowdy drunks whom were asked to leave.

Have a great day all!

Kris47 01-13-2017 07:03 AM

Hi Stargazer!

GOOD Day everyone!

Gilmer 01-13-2017 08:26 AM

Congratulations, Zero.

IWLSAST 01-13-2017 11:47 AM

I'm finished pitching W-30, however, if interested, pop me a PM and we can establish a connection for support.

Hope it's a good Friday, all.

Matt

Kris47 01-13-2017 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by IWLSAST (Post 6289173)
I'm finished pitching W-30, however, if interested, pop me a PM and we can establish a connection for support.

Hope it's a good Friday, all.

Matt

I just read up on W-30. Sounds like something I should do. Will red more about it later. Dilated eyes..............

Mags1 01-13-2017 10:11 PM

Morning overs

Very icy outside, brrrr. No wonder Merlin my cat didn't want to go out. He sits and meows at me to make it warm outside, I'm sure!

Hope you're feeling better today glee.

Kris, I like your terminology, stewed, lol. Yes we're well rid but talking of casseroles, I could do with a pan of stew on with dumplings of course.

I watched the new film out Lala Land last night. Takes me back to the singing, dancing, musicals I watched with my mum. Very nice. There's a few Oscars for it, I'm sure!

Not sure if I mentioned I joined a 12 week healthy living group at work last week. It's not supposed to be a diet but to educate us into eating healthily etc. I know that but just can't get my head motivated!

Have a great weekend overs, take care in the weather.

venuscat 01-13-2017 10:15 PM

What an excellent work-based program Mags. :)

And glad to know you liked La-La Land.....it looks good, but I was wondering. I was also really really surprised that Ryan Gosling can sing.

I hope Merlin copes with the cold.....poor kitty. :hug:

Mags1 01-13-2017 10:24 PM

Hi Suze

Yeah poor kitty, out like a flash and back in an awful lot quicker! Lol. Curled up on hi blanket on the sofa, aaahhh, it's a cats life!

Yes! He sang good, but I'm not qualified that's just my opinion!

Saskia 01-14-2017 03:36 AM

Good morning, Overs!

Mags, love the name Merlin :-).

Have a great weekend all.

Treerat66 01-14-2017 03:52 AM

Good morning Overs.

Some one said Ryan Gosling learnt to sing and to play the piano for the part. There's dedication. :c011:

Have a good one everyone.

Gilmer 01-14-2017 03:57 AM

I loved the 2011 movie The Artist, as well. It won the Oscar for best picture that year, and I believe the two leads won, too.

Best ending ever!

stargazer016 01-14-2017 04:25 AM

Good morning/afternoon Overs! Just a quick hi to all before heading off to work.

Have a great day everyone!

FBL 01-14-2017 05:01 AM

Have a great weekend, gang!

Kris47 01-14-2017 09:42 AM

Hello Everyone!

A stew sounds Good, Mags.

I love easy cleanup too, from soups and stews.

We're tackling some trees today. Me, just watching taking care of my eyes. ;)

Good excuse anyway. lol. I love hauling brush though.

Mags1 01-15-2017 01:04 AM

Morning overs

Yes, Kris, take care of your eyes when hauling brush! Lots of little escapees.

It's been raining here so wet and foggyish outside.

I'm still feeding stray boy kitty, Merlin not too pleased with him but I'm trying to introduce him slowly. Will be better when the weather is good and Merlin gets off his blanket and gets some sun! I've looked on cats lost web site and stray cat doesn't seem to belong to anyone.

Hope you have a good Sunday.

Gilmer 01-15-2017 02:45 AM

I've lately been totally hooked on a TV series written and produced by Bryan Cranston called Sneaky Pete, about an ex-con who assumes the identity of a fellow prisoner who's still in jail. It's very absorbing and intense, and it's got some great cliffhangers!

Saskia 01-15-2017 03:18 AM

Good morning, Overs!

A quiet first night with my newly adopted 7-year old Maine Coon kitty. She chirps instead of meows :-). I hadn't planned this so soon (in the past I've waited a year or two) but another resident of the OFH needed to find her a home.

Have a good one to all.