SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/400266-class-november-2016-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

beerbgone 11-11-2016 09:42 AM

Welcome Pelagic263.

CaseyW 11-11-2016 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 (Post 6205011)
Thanks Casey. BTW to those who don't know Casey, the dude is a real inspiration. He had a couple slips but for real this guy is conquering alcohol! I'm very, very proud of what he has done!

Now I have to do it myself. Thanks all.

No conquering here. I drank recently just like you and everyone else in here. I do consider it a positive that I didn't run away and hide for a month or two like I usually do. That's a step forward.

ingeborg 11-11-2016 10:00 AM

5th day

First of all I want to thank caseyw so much for caring and looking after us, it means so much. Well another restless night, I am convinced I had those 4 to 5 glasses of wine every evening so I could sleep. Of course I did not go to bed until midnight, I slept until noon the next day if I could get away with it. I am now getting up at 7:30 a.m. and doing so many more activities and feeling so much better with no hang over. I know I will make it through the 6th day. Thanks for listening

MidnightRider 11-11-2016 10:09 AM

ingeborg - Great going on 5 days.

Isn't nice to wake up with NO hangover!

Yes...Restless nights went away after a while.
Takes time for the mind/brain to reconstruct ....

CaseyW 11-11-2016 10:09 AM

Glad you checked in, ingeborg. The sleep will get more even with some time. Don't let your addiction try to tell you that it needs fed before you can sleep. It's not true. You're sounding good today! Keep it up!

I'm looking after myself when I try to respond to everyone. My best sobriety has been when I follow these simple steps:

1. Ask for help as soon as I need it.
2. Help others whenever I can.
3. Remember that first drink is the problem and I don't have to take it no matter what.

I'm doing #2 in here right now with my long blabbermouth posts. #1 and #3 have been a problem for me recently, so I've got to keep a close eye on them.

ingeborg 11-11-2016 10:19 AM

5th day

Thank you midnightrider and caseyw you guys rock!!!! 😉

Applekat 11-11-2016 10:36 AM

Happy happy birthday Newbeginning! Sober birthdays are awesome.

Good to see you Pelagic, though I agree - wish it was different circumstances. This isn't what we meant by a reunion! Lol. Stick close.

Casey that's probably as "shotgun" as I'll ever get, since I posted on the butt end of the previous thread. Ah well.

Steely 11-11-2016 11:15 AM

Thanks for remembering Remembrance Day Dee. I wore a red Poppy, so did the Opera House and didn't it look beautiful.

You are so good Casey for remembering us all by name, I'm trying to work out how to personalise as well as condense. Don't think it possible, so thought maybe just one person at a time so as to get to know everyone. My head is still not good enough to keep scrolling back and then lose what I have already written. So....

That sledgehammer sure does get bigger with every "comeback" Pelagic, I sure did take a hammering that last time. Operative word, "last".

Very tired and no great plans outside of remaining sober and getting a few things done around the house. Rest is a plan I suppose.

Happy birthday NewBeginnings.

Hi Applecat.

CaseyW 11-11-2016 12:08 PM

How's everyone doing this afternoon? (Or European evening/Australian morning.)

I'm slowly starting to get ready for work. It starts in 3 hours. Made myself go buy that coffee and toilet paper before I regretted being out of both items. Some ice cream may have also snuck into my cart. Just took a hard but short nap. Think I'll go read a book in a hot bath for a bit.

You're up nice and early, Steely. Have a wonderful and sober (the two go hand in hand) Saturday!

Applekat 11-11-2016 12:09 PM

Casey you do all the things I long to do.

CaseyW 11-11-2016 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Applekat (Post 6205173)
Casey you do all the things I long to do.

Nap?

Bobbieka 11-11-2016 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 6205174)
Nap?

buy toilet paper

Stubbs16 11-11-2016 12:49 PM

Hey friends
Checking in on Friday, Im doing ok today. Not much to say, mostly just reading alot here today. Have a great one . :)

Stubbs16 11-11-2016 12:50 PM

Oh and happy birthday NB!

Steely 11-11-2016 12:57 PM

How ya doing Stubbs? Glad that you didn't leave. We stand united in stopping drinking. Unity is strength.

CaseyW 11-11-2016 01:01 PM

Glad you checked in, Stubbs. Keep on keeping on!

Dee74 11-11-2016 01:24 PM

Happy birthday newbeginning :)

D

Miramira 11-11-2016 01:37 PM

Happy what ever time of day it is for you all.
It's day 4 and I feel like crap guys! Feeling disappointed and sorry for myself.

Woke up in a fit of anxiety, heart pounding, whole body vibrating from the inside out. Worrying that this is just my normal state of being, hoping that it's still just my mind and body crying out for what I've been giving it to survive on for so long.

Can only keep going until I find out I guess. Day four is too early to tell. My whole back and neck are killing me. I'm so tense it hurts and the only relief I get from that is in a hot bath or when I'm asleep. I'm pouring with sweat. Is this pure anxiety or is it part of detoxing/withdrawal symptoms? I shouldn't be surprised. I was a twelve plus beer a day drinker and I am just a petite woman. And I should probably be doing something better for myself than drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes. *Note to self: must eat, must drink water even though last thing feel like doing.

Thank you CaseyW for your kind and encouraging words. I want this so bad but at the moment the benefits are fleeting and few and far between. They do not seem to out way the discomfort. Without trying to be melodramatic it feels like pure agony. There were so many other times before that I would have just given in and not posted here or reached out to anyone and then I would have logged out of here forever out of pure embarrassment and self hatred. Knowing that I'd crossed of another avenue toward my own salvation.

I was reluctant to get on here at that time because I didn't want to be whining and embarrassing myself but one of the first pieces of advice I got when I logged in here was post! Especially when you don't feel like posting. So I followed that advice and decided that what others think of me is way less important (if at all) than the alternative.

I know I've said it a few times already but big thanks to Dee for being around and acknowledging me. It helped a lot.

I can feel it now that day four is going to be LONG and arduous but it must be done. You can probably expect me to be on here in about eight hours battling the angry beast. :)

Happy Birthday Newbeginnings. Don't know about you but I find birthdays really hard. I really hope that you have a beautiful day and that instead of 'treating' yourself with alcohol you find healthy, fulfilling ways to feel good.

A podcast I was listening to last night before going to sleep gave me some good advice about worthiness.

One needs to feel they are a worthy person to be able to stop drinking and not feel that stopping drinking will make them a worthy person.

Dee74 11-11-2016 01:43 PM

I was usually just venturing out of bed on day 4 miramira so you're doing better than I would be.

Things will get better - have faith :)

D

emme99 11-11-2016 01:49 PM

Hi everyone~

Welcome Pelagic and everyone else new :)

Good to see you Stubbs :)

Casey, glad you made it to the store . I stock up on all that stuff when it is on sale cause it can get expensive. Have a good night at work :)

Congrats on day 4 Miramira :)

I am at home while they install the new door so I thought I would check in. The door is a sliding glass patio door and I guess I thought it would be simple, just take the old one out and put the new one in but it appears a lot more complicated than that. It's already been 2 hours and 15 mins but I think they are getting closer to finishing. And I forgot I had an ADT sensor on the old door so I have to have them come out and install it on the new door, which is an expense I hadn't planned on.

I hope everyone is having a good day/evening :)