SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2011 Part 25 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394840-class-march-2011-part-25-a.html)

aussieblue 02-22-2017 02:14 PM

Thanks Dee!!!!!
:wavey:

PhoenixJ 02-22-2017 04:11 PM

Congrats, ab

Babs1234 02-23-2017 07:08 AM

Congratulations Aussie !
Babs

PeanutButterCup 02-24-2017 08:22 AM

YAAAAAAAAY, Aussie!!!!

Not much new here. I'm having a lazy day ... the sky is gray and it's rainy and I plan to go to AA and then read my book for the afternoon before date night with the hubby. I hope you're all doing well! Anything fun planned for the weekend?

aussieblue 02-24-2017 12:16 PM

No.

Dee74 02-24-2017 02:29 PM

LOL. me either Aussie :)

D

PhoenixJ 02-24-2017 05:21 PM

Perfect whether here in country town Adelaide.

Babs1234 02-25-2017 08:19 AM

it's really quiet here too ! It's ok with me -----I don't mind a slow and don't have any plans day.
Hugs
Babs

mirage 02-25-2017 09:13 PM

Wonderful, Aussie! Congrats on your 6 months!!

Been busy here. Just seems like there's always something going on lately. These dang KIDS! lol Soccer game tonight at 9:30 and then tomorrow morning at 9:00. Wth?! Don't people sleep?! The oldest competed in a forensics tournament today across the state (I didn't go) and broke into the semi-finals so he was happy about that. He was home about 20 minutes before he went to pick up his girlfriend for the winter formal dance at the school. It's after midnight and he's on his way home. He's never out this late. haha. I'm lucky that way.

Tomorrow is the Oscars!! I have 16 people in my Oscar pool this year. I have almost all the ballots and I need to input everyone's picks into a spreadsheet for tomorrow night. I have my snacks and punch ingredients bought. I've seen all but 3 best picture nominations and I'm gonna watch one tomorrow. I got out my decorations already.

Hope everyone is well!!
xx

PeanutButterCup 02-28-2017 10:53 AM

Mirage, I need to see your decorations! I hope you posted on fb. :)

PeanutButterCup 02-28-2017 10:54 AM

You did! I love them! And the moon pies ... HA HA!

mirage 02-28-2017 12:37 PM

Thanks, PBC! Had a good time. You know no one comes over, right? That's sorta the inside joke with my friends who know me well. I post on facebook my decorations and snacks and people think I'm having a party and then I don't have anyone over cuz...people...ew. lol That's why my friend asked if I invited anyone over and I answered 'of course not'. haha

mirage 03-03-2017 04:31 AM

Happy March, Marchers!!
:You_Rock_ :grouphug: :scoregood :thanks

aussieblue 03-09-2017 03:15 PM

Hi , called in so you all would know I am at least alive. Haven't posted for a while because I am drinking , been at it for a few weeks now. Hating myself but not ready to put down just yet. Seriously depressed . I will be back when I get myself sorted out.

Dee74 03-09-2017 07:37 PM

I';m sorry to hear that Aussie. I don't see how drinking and not posting here is going to work out well for you though.

There's a part of you that wants to stop - or you'd never have posted here. Feed that part :hug:

D

Babs1234 03-10-2017 08:08 AM

Please come back and Join us Aussie---we care. and who knows it better than this group.
From my own experience it only gets harder every time and it I need this group.
I will be thinking about you.
Babs

Dee74 03-10-2017 02:33 PM

yeah hows it going today Aussie?

D

aussieblue 03-10-2017 04:12 PM

I am here and definitely sticking around . Hung over and feeling pretty low.

Dee74 03-10-2017 04:16 PM

:hug:

just think of winter being here soon Aussie - that cheers me up :)

D

aussieblue 03-10-2017 04:17 PM

Cheers me up too . Thanks for being here.

Dee74 03-10-2017 05:23 PM

No worries :)

D

Babs1234 03-11-2017 09:39 AM

hi Aussie and everyone ! Having a good day and really doing nothing special
just happy to be sober.
Have a wonderful Day
Babs

PeanutButterCup 03-11-2017 01:03 PM

(((Aussie))) I'm so glad you posted, that you're here, and that you're still trying. And, I'm glad that Dee always has the perfect thing to say. <3 you all!

I have my granddaughter today. I took her to swim lessons, we grocery shopped, went out to lunch with the family, played, took a nap, and now I'm going to give her a bath and do her hair before I take her home to her mama again. What a great Saturday!

mirage 03-13-2017 12:07 PM

I'm sorry you're struggling, Aussie. :( I hope you're feeling better and stronger now. :hug:

mirage 03-20-2017 04:19 AM

Good morning, friends!l

We have a friend in the hospital on life support. He's 47 and had a heart attack at work on Thursday. (High school friend of my husband's. There's a big group of them who are still very close). Yesterday, we got a call from a friend saying we'd better get to the hospital, the doctor has told them that he is seeing no brain activity. So basically we went up there to say goodbye. We all took turns going in, lots of tears. So about 2 hours later, someone runs into the waiting room saying 'he's moving his toes!!' So wild. He was moving his toes on demand. It was like out of a movie. It's possible the dialysis he had just had helped wash out the sedatives he was on. He's having another round today. It's a loooong road and there will be ups and downs and we don't know what kind of damage has been done of course, but we're cautiously optimistic. He and his wife have a 7 year old Down's Syndrome boy who needs a lot of care, which makes this even harder. His poor wife really has her hands full. I've never seen so much support, though. The hospital staff had to keep bringing us chairs, we're packing the place. This is really a close group. (We're a bit on the edge of that circle now, but we have a lot of history with them.)

Other than that, we're starting to get ready for a cruise we're taking in a couple weeks. 5 day cruise with 2 other families for T's senior year spring break. We're stopping at Cozumel, Mexico and Grand Cayman Island. We'll be swimming with the stingrays, visiting Mayan ruins and snorkeling. Exciting! We're driving down to Florida, 17 hours.

Aussie, how are you faring?

Hope you all are having a good March! :hug:

mirage 03-20-2017 03:28 PM

Happy Fall to my aussie friends!! Yay! The heat is coming to an end!
:abcn: :cheer

PhoenixJ 03-20-2017 04:10 PM

Strewth mate! She's been a hot one- fair dinkum. If I could get the man upstairs on the dog and bone I would chuck a wobbly, too right! (cobber).
She's apps, but. See you round like a rissole.

Dee74 03-20-2017 04:15 PM

Prayers for your friend mirage.

I hoped we'd changed seasons yesterday cos it was kinda cool...but no such luck :)

D

mirage 03-21-2017 04:37 AM

MOM!!! Phoenix is talking funny again!!!

PhoenixJ 03-21-2017 05:31 AM

Apparently, that is how one speaks. One is unsure if the colonists will understand our belated attempt at humour.