SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/393767-class-july-2016-support-thread-part-1-a.html)

Soberella66 07-06-2016 09:20 PM

Thank you Sunflowerlife!
I always get back on the horse but I have the hardest time STAYING on!

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife (Post 6032951)
I hope you can get the help you are looking for. I think it's great you are putting so much effort into finding support- that is a huge step.

MovingForward1 07-06-2016 09:39 PM

Anyone mind if my sorry behind joins the class? I've been on yet another bender. I don't even make efforts to drink normally I dive straight in and stay that way for days on end. At this point I have been driving drunk, missing work, drinking before work. Withdrawal is going to kill me, I have to find some inspiration and think I'm going to try to get involved in church again.

I'm wrapping up day one. Congrats to everyone on their sober journeys.

Dee74 07-06-2016 09:46 PM

Welcome aboard MovingForward :)

D

Easyrider 07-07-2016 01:13 AM

Day 4! finally had a full night sleep. but still want to go back to bed. I have to put some plan in to place tonight as I know the weekend is a temptation, even though it's one of the stupidest excuses "Well it's Friday" duh.

janeeb 07-07-2016 02:41 AM

Morning all - I had a great night's sleep, onto day 4 for me! and thank you so much to all those who commented last night when I was having a real wobble, feeling much better today and more focussed and so glad that I posted first it was a good call by me (first time in a long time!) lol!. Here's to a good day everyone. x

Chickenlady06 07-07-2016 02:55 AM

Welcome movingforward! Hang around the boards and you will find great resources for making a plan and getting support.

Yay for those who finally got some sleep last night! 😄

Good morning to another day! I'm working on being overly positive right out of the gate today. Day 9 starts today for me, and I know I can have a great day today. I'm feeling better and will hit the gym today no matter what. I'll be checking in later, everyone have a great day.

BarOwnersSon 07-07-2016 03:59 AM

Good morning all! Today starts Day 5 for me and I couldn't be more hopeful and confident. The support of the SR community has me feeling mile high which, incidentally, is where I'm heading tonight (Denver) for a weekend hiking trip with my son. Clear headed and optimistic. Polar opposite of the drinking me. My thoughts and prayers are with all of my companions in the July class. We can do this together!

Juno11 07-07-2016 04:25 AM

I'm on Day 4 - can I join you guys here? Looking forward to getting to know you all!
(Sober date: July 4th, 2016) Gotta run to work now but will post more later!

effortjoy 07-07-2016 04:29 AM

day 12

good morning! I'm on day 12 but since I'm a Friday night binge drinker, I'm not sure I should be counting days since I don't drink during the week? I think starting Saturday I'm going to count weeks since my craving to drink is just on Friday. Either way, I'm glad to be a part of this July class and I think there was another member also on day 12? are you still with me?

janeeb 07-07-2016 04:46 AM

I seem to be developing a serious chocolate biscuit habit, but eh, one thing at a time :) and they seem to be taking my mind off of everything! :)

janeeb 07-07-2016 04:47 AM

:grouphug:

Originally Posted by effortjoy (Post 6033473)
good morning! I'm on day 12 but since I'm a Friday night binge drinker, I'm not sure I should be counting days since I don't drink during the week? I think starting Saturday I'm going to count weeks since my craving to drink is just on Friday. Either way, I'm glad to be a part of this July class and I think there was another member also on day 12? are you still with me?

Any day is a good day ! and well done! :) :grouphug:

Healthygoals 07-07-2016 06:54 AM

I need to be here

Today is my day one, I think 7/7 is a good luck date to start!

I am a middle aged woman that underwent weight loss surgery 6 years ago and developed a transfer addiction to alcohol from food 3 years ago that is progressively getting worse. As a health care professional I am well aware of the deadliness of this disease.

I flunked out of November 2015 class but I am a fighter!

Off to start my day. I am on vacation from work this week so this is perfect timing to battle this!

I also need to change my sobriety date in my signature:headbange

Easyrider 07-07-2016 07:31 AM

My appetite is starting to increase a bit. :herewego

Pamel 07-07-2016 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Healthygoals (Post 6033703)

I am a middle aged woman that underwent weight loss surgery 6 years ago and developed a transfer addiction to alcohol from food 3 years ago that is progressively getting worse. As a health care professional I am well aware of the deadliness of this disease.

Off to start my day. I am on vacation from work this week so this is perfect timing to battle this!

I like 7/7; think I will do the same.

Stubbs16 07-07-2016 07:55 AM

Hello. I need to recommit to sobriety. I make a little progress here and there, but always go back to it. So today will be yet another day 1. It needs to be my last! Happy and blessed to still be seeking total sobriety tho. I didnt want it or care about wanting it for years. Im REALLY ready. :)

Healthygoals 07-07-2016 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pamel (Post 6033759)
I like 7/7; think I will do the same.

Great!

Sunflowerlife 07-07-2016 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Chickenlady06 (Post 6033039)
Lol. Yes, sunflower, I have a 7 yo boy and a 9 mo old girl. I figured out why she was so upset, she covered me in the contents of her stomach, I had no idea her tiny body could even hold that much. My poor baby. But my hubs walked in from his workshop just after is happened, the girl was naked and on the floor, happy. I'm stripped down to my underwear hollering at the boy to bring me a bigger towel, he seriously handed me a tiny tea towel from the kitchen...dde11 now I'm pretty grossed out and definitely have zero desire to drink.

My goodness! Sounds like an interesting ordeal to say the least. I hope your daughter is feeling better today. And I hope the rest of the family can steer clear of the bug!

Pamel 07-07-2016 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Healthygoals (Post 6033703)

I'd like to give a double thanks here, as I think it will be Day 1 for me...sigh...again.

Pamel 07-07-2016 12:08 PM

Healthygoals, I will be watching out for you!!

Pamel 07-07-2016 12:11 PM

When your past calls, don't answer. It has nothing new to say.

Great quote Healthygoals!