SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Part 18 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/392212-class-march-2016-part-18-a.html)

beerbgone 06-03-2016 08:18 AM

Fabela I'm sure everyone else will agree that you are more than welcome here!

Applekat 06-03-2016 08:21 AM

Hi Fabela. If you want it, we want you. :)

Anyone have any cool plans this weekend?

Bobbieka 06-03-2016 08:23 AM

Hey, Fabela! Missed you!

Lady boo! Good job! You're awesome.

Applekat- a recent win for me, Tuesday night, my husband thought he "heard" something in my voice. I FaceTimed him, and blew into my breathalyzer without him asking. He watched me, watched it read 0.00. I felt so proud.

Good morning BBG!

And the rest of you. Getting ready to leave for my friend's funeral. Will be another long day. Will check in when I can.

Applekat 06-03-2016 08:26 AM

Nice one Bobbie!!

Sorry again about your friend. Hang in there. :grouphug:

Fabela 06-03-2016 08:48 AM

So sorry about your friend, Bobbie. :(

And thanks, BBG and Apple. :hug:

(I'll update my own thread with my bigger issues, so I won't spam this one. )

Kayak63sc 06-03-2016 08:49 AM

Casey thank you for checking in on me

clearlyheaded 06-03-2016 09:26 AM

Good morning class!

BBG - congrats on 1 month!! Whoohoo!!!

Ladybug - So good to see you!!

Hi Kayak! Hope you are feeling better today.

Kiki - insomnia has become my new normal. I'm hoping it gets better as my shoulder heals more and I can reposition without much effort.

Fabela - Of course you are welcome here!

No big plans for today except for PT (as usual, lol). Yesterday was tough pain wise (which really made me want to drink, but I didn't!). I don't know if it was PT or something I did, but I had pain coursing down my arm all afternoon and night. Today is a little better, but it's making me not want to go to PT. I'll tell my therapist about it, so hopefully she will take it easy.

I'll check in again later today. Hope everyone has a wonderful sober Friday!

CaseyW 06-03-2016 09:29 AM

Day 83. That's a prime number!

Stayed up too late playing video games so just now waking up. Also ate too much late night junk food so I'm a little cotton-mouthed. Still beats waking up with a hangover!

Lot of good recovery and support in here yesterday. Sorry I wasn't around more. Work, family, meeting, and then crappy internet connection kept me away. My landlord says that the cable company is rewiring our whole neighborhood in the next month and that should fix the intermittent internet issues. I hope so.

I'm scheduled to work again tonight, but I'm trying to trade out of it now. No plans for the day if I do get it off except to get some rest and spend some time here. Oh, and maybe I'll do pizza.

Hope you have a wonderful tsunami-free Friday, KiKi! I know you say your son is athletic--has he ever expressed interest in any of the non-athletic extracurricular activities like band or theater or something? Those activities seem to naturally lend themselves to kids hanging out together more than sports teams sometimes. Just a thought...And I know you know this--but drinking because your son is having a hard time is the definition of insane alcoholic thinking. Don't you drink! That's only going to make things worse.

You and I seem to keep the same crazy late hours, Spacegoat, though of course there is a huge time zone difference. Have a great day!

I don't know if you were joking about waking up in your neighbor's yard last week, Kayak, but it reminded me of the time in 2006 or so when I decided to walk home from my favorite bar at two in the morning. It was about a three hour walk so naturally about halfway there I decided it would be smart to lay down and take a nap in some random front yard. I woke up an hour later with upwards of 100 fire ant bites on my right arm. And yet I continued to drink for many years afterwards. Crazy stuff.

I think that asking if telecommuting is possible re: that job is a great idea, clearlyheaded. Hope it works out but if it doesn't just keep looking, the right job will find you at the right time. Sounds like you've got your priorities straight today. Proud of you!

I'm not really tan, Bobbieka, though I hope to get there this summer. Glad you found a good group last night. But baby sniffing twice in one day? Be careful--that's how addictions are formed. "Cuckoo's Nest" is a great name. There's a group here in my town that I don't go to called "Bad Boys." Just the name turns me off, that's not how I want to view myself in recovery. Plus they're the only group in the city that still allows smoking in meetings. Yuck. Sorry again about your loss.

Glad you checked in, Missy7. Enjoy your meetings, but don't be a stranger here!

My dreams have been especially vivid lately, Sam. Congrats on day three. Keep doing the next right thing!

Thanks for checking on me, ManInTheArena. Hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with birdies.

You've been missed, Mish. Have a nice, relaxing weekend.

One month is amazing, beerbgone! Congratulations!

Glad to see you back in here too, Ladybug2. We've kept your seat warm for you.

Your cheap husband wins the March 2016 MVP award for yesterday, Applekat. Glad you didn't drink. I don't think they have recovery groups for frozen fruit juice push ups. Keep spilling those drops, beats the heck out of nasty box poison. (And ice cream is especially less messy if you utilize the BBG tool of eating it straight out of the carton.)

Glad to hear you're staying sober, ladyboo, and that you were able to make time to check in. You're always in our thoughts. Keep on keeping on!

Hope you are having a fantastic day, Fabela.

Wow! You guys and gals were busy overnight. Took me almost an hour to type this as I was also working on getting my shift covered tonight. Which is done. Hooray!

If you haven't checked in yet today, please do so soon. Even if you've been drinking, though I hope you haven't for your sake. This is a judgement free zone. We've all been there. Get back in here with us on the road to a better way of life!

Ask for help as soon as you need it. Help others whenever you can. And remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what!

Spacegoat 06-03-2016 09:59 AM

Yeah man, last nite was a late one for me. Will need to catch an early night tonight. Just checking in.

Was at a meeting earlier on. Think I may overshared somewhat. Although in a good spirit I suppose.

I was telling a sad story then veered off on a madcap tangent story before coming back to the point.

CaseyW 06-03-2016 10:13 AM

Sometimes the best stuff I hear in the rooms is in those madcap tangents, Spacegoat.

Applekat 06-03-2016 10:15 AM

Casey i suggest starting a GoFundMe page for Casey's Poor Internet Connection - upgrade needed. Your chattiness is missed buddy!!!

Fabela 06-03-2016 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Applekat (Post 5982345)
Casey i suggest starting a GoFundMe page for Casey's Poor Internet Connection - upgrade needed. Your chattiness is missed buddy!!!

I'm happy to contribute!

Applekat 06-03-2016 10:39 AM

Yes I'd happily contribute to it too haha!

Class...my 10 month old purchased a fitness class groupon on my phone this morning. Yeah yeah. What is she trying to say?! She keeps me up most the night and must really want to twist the knife by watching me suffer through exercising. Lol!

Fabela 06-03-2016 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Applekat (Post 5982374)
Class...my 10 month old purchased a fitness class groupon on my phone this morning. Yeah yeah. What is she trying to say?! She keeps me up most the night and must really want to twist the knife by watching me suffer through exercising. Lol!

:roflmao

KiKi0615 06-03-2016 11:24 AM

Hi again everyone,

Just a quick check in because the damn AV is quietly whispering!

NEW TOOL FOR ME: I seem to have the worst cravings when I am driving or out and about because I never drank at home...only in my car or bars. (I know...terrible!) Anyway...I decided to make a list of 20 things (key words to trigger my memory) that will definitely remind me of why I don't want to drink and tape it to the dashboard in my car. I really think it will help and since they are abbreviations, no one will know what they mean.

BBG & Apple- The AV sucks and lies!!! I hate it!

Ladyboo-congrats on your sobriety & I agree that not sleeping sucks!!!

Casey-83 days? You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And good idea about introducing our son to some new activities. Thanks! And don't worry I won't drink.

Fabela-Hi there! How are you?

Bobbie-try to have a good day even though you have to go to a funeral. I'm sorry about your friend.

Kayak-how are you feeling today?

Clearlyheaded-Insomnia totally sucks! Good luck with physical therapy.

Space-I need to go to bed early tonight too! I have a busy weekend ahead. I'm tired just thinking about it. Ha ha

Or anyone else that hasn't checked in, we'd love to hear from you.

SAM, how are you today???

Fabela 06-03-2016 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 (Post 5982423)
Fabela-Hi there! How are you?

Well, since you ask....not good. But I said no when DH asked how many beers I wanted from the store.

Hope you manage to keep that nasty AV away!

Sam, would love to hear from you!

CaseyW 06-03-2016 12:50 PM

If it was up to me, the internet connection wouldn't be a problem. It's included as part of my rent so my name isn't on the account which means I can't call the cable company screaming and yelling. Well, I can, but it won't do anything but raise my blood pressure. Thanks for the offer of help though, you two, but it's not a monetary issue. At least not one I can control.

And that was nice of your 10 month old to buy you a gift, Applekat!

I think taping that abbreviated list to your dashboard is a good idea, KiKi. Have you ever had a DWI? If not, you don't want one. Trust me. They cost a lot financially, mentally, and physically. And that's not even going into the potential hurt you can cause someone else. Yet another reason I'm glad I don't drink anymore.

How's everyone else doing today? I've been playing video games the last couple of hours. I think I'm going to have to unplug the console as I can't stop playing and my right arm is beginning to hurt now. That's the arm/wrist that flares up in pain sometimes. I'm about to take a short nap.

Spacegoat 06-03-2016 01:05 PM

What you been playing dude? Interested to know what the time differential is between us also. It's just after 9pm here, 9:05pm.

Yeah madcap stories- I'd have a few! I'd fill you guys in but actually really tired this evening. Maybe Sunday I'm away tomorrow.

Hey Fabela, good to see you. KiKi you're kinda funny may I say. Bobbie, thoughts are with you today too. Hope everyone is well.

CaseyW 06-03-2016 01:14 PM

Six hour difference, Spacegoat. 3:12 pm here. Playing a new round of Skyrim the last few days. But I've unplugged the console again now. The repetitive use of the controller really makes my wrist/arm issues flare up, and I need that arm to do my job properly. There are some stretching exercises that help but playing the game puts too much stress on it even then.

Really nap time now. Talk to everyone in a bit.

Ladybug2 06-03-2016 01:16 PM

Hi all, just checking in. We are going to a spring carnival tonight at my daughters school so it will be nice to be at an event that isn't centered around booze. Especially on a Friday night. Planning on going to an AA meeting tomorrow morning and then maybe the pool in the afternoon. No plans for tomorrow night, which can be good and bad.

AppleKat, my 17 mo has done some crazy things on my phone too! How has your little one been sleeping lately?

Kiki and Fabela- hang in there!!

Casey, enjoy your nap and night off. Pizza sounds good!

Hope everyone else has a nice and sober Friday night. Hangover free Sat mornings are the best!!