SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/390945-class-may-2016-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

joandmelandhan 05-09-2016 10:38 AM

I swore the one thing I would do was not lie here. I drank tonight. Sorry Ben (especially you my UK mate.....stay strong and do it for me) , sorry Dee, sorry countrygal, sorry Soberwolf, sorry chickenlady, sorry redberryjuniper, sorry lonelywombat.....

Fabela 05-09-2016 10:52 AM

You forgot one person. The one you should apologize to is yourself, Jo. Still, happy that you are honest. Are you coming back when you're sober again?

CountryGal123 05-09-2016 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan (Post 5945518)
I swore the one thing I would do was not lie here. I drank tonight. Sorry Ben (especially you my UK mate.....stay strong and do it for me) , sorry Dee, sorry countrygal, sorry Soberwolf, sorry chickenlady, sorry redberryjuniper, sorry lonelywombat.....

No matter how slowly you go, you're still lapping the person on the couch. Come back - and keep trying! We're here and know your struggles. If it were easy we wouldn't reach out here in the first place. Sending hugs!

joandmelandhan 05-09-2016 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 (Post 5945530)
No matter how slowly you go, you're still lapping the person on the couch. Come back - and keep trying! We're here and know your struggles. If it were easy we wouldn't reach out here in the first place. Sending hugs!

Thank you so much for that xxx

joandmelandhan 05-09-2016 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fabela (Post 5945527)
You forgot one person. The one you should apologize to is yourself, Jo. Still, happy that you are honest. Are you coming back when you're sober again?

Yes if course I will. Thank you for your kind words. I'm hopeful I'll be back tomorrow. Thanks again 😊

Fabela 05-09-2016 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan (Post 5945540)
Yes if course I will. Thank you for your kind words. I'm hopeful I'll be back tomorrow. Thanks again 😊

That is the only thing that matters. You only fail if you don't get back up and continue fighting. Learn from this, and put it in your toolbox for later. Welcome back tomorrow. Thinking of you. :hug:

joandmelandhan 05-09-2016 11:15 AM

By the way for those if you in the early stages. I have caved and I don't feel happy or relaxed or anything. Even though I have alcohol in me I am already thinking about tomorrow morning. It really is the worst and I was weak. Please let me join in again tomorrow. This won't go on longer than tonight. Sorry again friends (which I hope we are) xxx

joandmelandhan 05-09-2016 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Fabela (Post 5945545)
That is the only thing that matters. You only fail if you don't get back up and continue fighting. Learn from this, and put it in your toolbox for later. Welcome back tomorrow. Thinking of you. :hug:

So grateful you are here tonight. Thank you xxx

Eagle108 05-09-2016 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan (Post 5945548)
By the way for those if you in the early stages. I have caved and I don't feel happy or relaxed or anything. Even though I have alcohol in me I am already thinking about tomorrow morning. It really is the worst and I was weak. Please let me join in again tomorrow. This won't go on longer than tonight. Sorry again friends (which I hope we are) xxx

We're here and you're among friends...you'll have have over three weeks sober by the end of May if you start tomorrow, so take it day by day but before you know it the days will have piled up...you can do it!

joandmelandhan 05-09-2016 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Eagle108 (Post 5945558)
We're here and you're among friends...you'll have have over three weeks sober by the end of May if you start tomorrow, so take it day by day but before you know it the days will have piled up...you can do it!

Thank you eagle108. I will be back amongst you all tomorrow. This has shown me that I absolutely must stay sober (no enjoyment from drink at all) thanks again 😊

Fabela 05-09-2016 11:28 AM

Why don't you use this to learn even more? Write down what you are feeling right now and re-read it whenever you feel like drinking again. What more powerful message than one from the drunk you can you get?

joandmelandhan 05-09-2016 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Fabela (Post 5945568)
Why don't you use this to learn even more? Write down what you are feeling right now and re-read it whenever you feel like drinking again. What more powerful message than one from the drunk you can you get?

Yes Fabela great idea. I feel like I'm at a crossroads now. Craving calling and knowing about withdrawal. No fun drinking anymore. A hard place to be but perhaps writing my feelings down will help. Thanks again 😊

joandmelandhan 05-09-2016 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Fabela (Post 5945568)

Oh and hi Liz. It's nice to know everyone's names. I'm Joanne (Jo) xxx

Jojo1965 05-09-2016 11:46 AM

Hey Guys,

Day 3 here. I'm back too after I was a week shy of making it 13 months back in February. From then it was just a big mess, until May 6. I know what went wrong, I am going to learn from it. I'm going to put one foot in front of the other and continue on. Today is just as special as my day 365. I need to remember that.

As far as non alcoholic drinks.... For me I can't do the wine or beer because that's what I drank. But I do love enjoy tomato juice, or clamato juice etc. But I never drank those with alcohol anyways.

Have a great day everyone!

Jojo

ben83 05-09-2016 12:33 PM

Still a dam good run jo! All those days with no alcohol is impressive. I'm about to go to bed all I've got to drink is cheap tesco lemonade. So its bed and game of thrones for me.

bblackbirdflyy 05-09-2016 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by elizke (Post 5945511)
Back again....I've been doing this for years. Everytime I get 4 or 5 months sober I start to think I can control the drinking...I can't

Me too

bblackbirdflyy 05-09-2016 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by ben83 (Post 5945626)
Still a dam good run jo! All those days with no alcohol is impressive. I'm about to go to bed all I've got to drink is cheap tesco lemonade. So its bed and game of thrones for me.

Yay a fellow GOT nerd!

bblackbirdflyy 05-09-2016 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan (Post 5945518)

Keep trying jo! Everything will be alright.

joandmelandhan 05-09-2016 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ben83 (Post 5945626)

Goodnight Ben....keep it going I'll be back tomorrow.....trust me it hasn't been worth it .

joandmelandhan 05-09-2016 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy (Post 5945634)
Keep trying jo! Everything will be alright.

Thank you. I'm already preparing myself for tomorrow. Won't let it go on for days....good night x