SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Support Part 13 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/390802-class-march-2016-support-part-13-a.html)

Bobbieka 05-11-2016 04:16 PM

1StepUp, remember the reasons you want to be sober. Those 2 little girls of yours.

CaseyW 05-11-2016 06:14 PM

Glad to see you back with us, 1stepup. Try not to beat yourself up too bad. This really can be your last day one. Remember we're here to help you if those thoughts of drinking come back. Proud of you for making your way back to us.

Autumnlover19 05-11-2016 06:21 PM

Hi everyone!
Checking in. I've had a busy day. This is the first day in many, many days that I didn't have a headache/migraine. Aaaah-mazing! So I did A LOT of cleaning at the house today and got some much needed errands taken care of.

I packed up my little boy and we headed out to my parents' camp on the water. We will be here for a few days, enjoying the peace and serenity. I needed to get out of the house and away from my ex. I have a loooong weekend off from work. I was originally going to go to a marriage bootcamp with my ex (in Texas no less, Casey!) Glad I'm not wasting time, money, and energy doing that. He proves to me daily that he is an abusive man who will likely never change.

Glad to see you back Kiki, we missed you.

Also glad you came back, 1stepup. Those benders get harder and harder to pull out of. I won't forget my last one. If I can do it, so can you. Drink water, take care of yourself, be good to yourself. You deserve it.

Congrats on 60 days Casey!

Soak up that new baby smell for me Bobbie! I miss it. My baby smells like a dirty sweaty little toddler.

Have a good night/day all!

Xoxox

CaseyW 05-11-2016 06:55 PM

Oh my gosh! I know you all are just pulling my leg with this new baby smell talk. That is not a thing! You don't see "New Baby"-scented car deodorizers on the rack next to the register at the car wash.

Sounds like a nice day, Jemma. Enjoy your vacation and thank you for making time to check in.

I didn't make my meeting. Bicycle issue again. No big deal. I've already made arrangements to get a ride up to the repair shop tomorrow to get that problem fixed and to just got a general tune up as well. Instead I just did a major cleanup of my refrigerator in particular and my cabinets in general. Got rid of a ton of various bottles and jars that I'll never use. It's so clean now it probably smells almost as good as a new baby.

How's everyone else doing tonight?

immri 05-11-2016 07:09 PM

New baby smell is definitely a thing. Does anyone have any weird smells they like? My fiend is crazy about metallic smells including staples and scissors etc which to me is yuck. But then I'm obsessed with the smell of bleach / chlorine. When I'm walking my dog near the public pool I stand for ages breathing in the smell, I'm obviously insane.

CaseyW 05-11-2016 07:14 PM

I got a good whiff of a beer at that dumb work meeting today. That odor turned my stomach. It was worse than the stench of an old baby.

I can't think of any strange smells I like. Definitely don't like the smell of bleach. But a chlorinated pool brings back a lot of happy memories of summertime by a pool so I get digging that smell.

immri 05-11-2016 07:21 PM

Yeah even when I drank the smell of alcohol turned my stomach. Probably because I threw up nearly every time since I started drinking, ick

If I wasn't concerned with killing off my remaining brain cells I'd be using bleach in my house every day, mainly just for the smell. So bizarre, my family hate it. I hate sweet perfume smells though, the really sugary girly ones my friends seem to love.