SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Soberpotamus's Oral Surgery Recovery Support & Journal Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/383657-soberpotamuss-oral-surgery-recovery-support-journal-part-3-a.html)

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 12:40 PM

One door is now closed, and hopefully another is opening soon with the proofing.

Anna 01-25-2016 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus (Post 5761120)
One door is now closed, and hopefully another is opening soon with the proofing.

Absolutely, and you are moving on in a positive direction with your life.

GroundhogDay 01-25-2016 04:42 PM

Hi SP,

Sorry to hear about the recurring pain, but I am also glad that you can feel improvement in your jaw and that it is encouraging for you. You are sounding like your old self at this point -- making plans for your cabin and career.

SoberLeigh 01-25-2016 05:41 PM

Hope you have a pain-free night, Potamus, with very restful sleep.

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 06:01 PM

I'm really tired of Brian's anger and negativity. I won't ever refer to him as my husband again. The bond, whatever we had, is broken.

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 06:04 PM

I have an uncharacteristic headache tonight.

I spent some time on YouTube watching how others have coped and recovered from this surgery. Each situation is so different. I sound horrible compared to some of these people. I sound like I have a speech problem, a severe one. It's disheartening, knowing I'll soon be interacting with the public, and will have a hard time communicating.

SoberLeigh 01-25-2016 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus (Post 5761634)
I'm really tired of Brian's anger and negativity. I won't ever refer to him as my husband again. The bond, whatever we had, is broken.

(((Potamus))).

SoberLeigh 01-25-2016 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus (Post 5761640)
I have an uncharacteristic headache tonight.

I spent some time on YouTube watching how others have coped and recovered from this surgery. Each situation is so different. I sound horrible compared to some of these people. I sound like I have a speech problem, a severe one. It's disheartening, knowing I'll soon be interacting with the public, and will have a hard time communicating.

It could be significantly better by then; look at how far you have come already!!!!

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 06:16 PM

True, yes that's possible. I keep forgetting that it's only been a couple of weeks. Things are moving along quickly.

Brian is mocking me. He thinks I have control over this. I don't. I don't understand his thinking.

All along he has 'blamed' me for anything and everything. As if none of it's real, it's all in my head.

venuscat 01-25-2016 06:42 PM

It's very disappointing that he is behaving this way J, beyond disappointing in fact. Surely he knows that our behaviour has consequences?

I agree with Leigh....I'm sure you will continue to heal and sound better every day.
Plus, I bet you sound better than you think you do. :) :hug:

Hope your headache goes away. :hug:

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 06:47 PM

This is probably gross, but I'm happy about it so I will say it -- I was able to use my tongue scraper tonight!! It made a huge difference in mouth comfort.

venuscat 01-25-2016 06:48 PM

It's not gross at all. :)

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 06:57 PM

He is angry and resentful that I am unable to function normally. And because right now, I'm not contributing income, because I'm mostly lying in the bed still.

He is petty and extremely conscious of money. He has issues letting go of money. It's actually the first thing I noticed when we were dating. It was a huge red flag, but I overlooked it. I'll never overlook these kinds of character flaws again. They only seem to get worse.

He seems fearful and angry all the time. It's like he counted on me in ways I was unaware of until incapacitated by the surgery.

He has become focused on his appearance suddenly, asking me questions over and over about his hair. He obsesses over it because it's thinning.

It seems he relied on me and now he is breaking down.

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 06:59 PM

I think he couldn't support me and show empathy because he seems to be barely holding himself together.

venuscat 01-25-2016 07:11 PM

That's very compassionate of you. :hug:

I always believe that anger gets in the way of healing, and I think it's wonderful that you are able to see things this way.

MidnightBlue 01-25-2016 08:20 PM

Hi, SP.

Sorry you are still dealing with all this negativity,

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus (Post 5761737)
I think he couldn't support me and show empathy because he seems to be barely holding himself together.

I don't know him but from what you've said before it sounds like true. But he is a grown up person and his s**t is his responsibility.

Gotta run to work.

Hugs and positive vibes to you.

And even though you can think that your recovery is slow - just look back 2 weeks ago, before surgery - and it's a big leap already. You'll get better with every day.

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 08:58 PM

Thank you all.

Crying tonight. :(

Feeling discouraged and like there's an uphill battle ahead.

It's not just the recovery. It's everything. My marriage. Career change. The house.

Everything is changing.

It's just scary.

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 09:02 PM

I'm also really sad because this surgery was something I could've shared and experienced positively with a better mate. I could've made better memories. He tainted this. He isn't celebrating the milestones with me.

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 09:12 PM

I might start participating in the gratitude threads. I think I need that again.

venuscat 01-25-2016 09:55 PM

More :hug: s ♥