SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Soberpotamus's Oral Surgery Recovery Support & Journal Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/383657-soberpotamuss-oral-surgery-recovery-support-journal-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 01-24-2016 06:59 PM

Soberpotamus's Oral Surgery Recovery Support & Journal Part 3

:scoregood

Keep up the good work SP :)
last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-21.html

D

Soberpotamus 01-24-2016 07:16 PM

Thanks, Dee. :)

Soberpotamus 01-24-2016 07:19 PM

One more interesting observation about the new jaw...

If I get cold suddenly, my teeth begin to chatter...and well, you can imagine where that leads. Yeah, not fun. Terrifying really.

So now I keep my little space heater plugged in by the bed, ready to blast hot air, to warm me up before I get to that point.

Really unpleasant when it happened the first time.

GroundhogDay 01-24-2016 07:49 PM

You must be very encouraged by the return of some sensation and muscle control. :scoregood

Soberpotamus 01-24-2016 08:02 PM

Yes, very. :)

Soberpotamus 01-24-2016 09:59 PM

And it's back...same time, same place, lol.

To take pain meds, or not to take pain meds -- that seems to be my question lately at nighttime.

My supply is getting smaller.

If I can't fall asleep, guess I'll take it.

Soberpotamus 01-24-2016 11:36 PM

Took meds 30 minutes ago and still in some pain. Trying to relax and breathe through this. Hurting even in my teeth, lol. All I can do is try and see some humor somewhere. I know this is temporary and I guess that's what makes it bearable.

Focusing on how nice it will be when the early days of this are behind me, and I can enjoy the result.

Soberpotamus 01-24-2016 11:37 PM

Helps me to type it out.

Soberpotamus 01-24-2016 11:38 PM

Without writing, I'd suffocate.

The writing, once again, saves me.

trachemys 01-25-2016 03:08 AM

Hope you're feeling better this morn.

MidnightBlue 01-25-2016 03:53 AM

Hi, SP.

Probably pain has come back along with sensations?

I can see some sobriety analogy here - when in early recovery the initial numbness of feelings were gone and senses started reviving, here came pain as well.

But I believe that this pain will be gone way faster.

Keep yourself warm! Teeth chattering with a broken jaw - that sounds like a bad dream.

Have a good day.

Hugs.

brynn 01-25-2016 06:15 AM

Hope you got some sleep and hoping for a pain free morning for you!
Xo

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 08:32 AM

I did get some sleep eventually.

It seems this kind of nighttime pain and intermittent pain as I continue to heal might last for four months or so. And that makes sense, as it takes six months for the bone to fuse back over the cut parts.

I think it's fabulous that the bone is going to grow back over the places that were cut. It will grow back as strong as before.

I'm glad I chose the surgery.

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 08:33 AM

Today is a work/study day.

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 11:09 AM

My dad surprised me with a phone call today. He was checking on me. He said he is going to be calling and checking up on me as I heal. I will believe it when it happens.

We discussed building the cabin. He asked me some questions about what I have in mind. He is great at presuming and assuming, so we shall see if his listening skills have improved.

I sent him some pictures via email. He isn't fond of technology. Not expecting much from this yet.

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 11:13 AM

Some new material was added to some older modules of my proofreading course -- sections I've already completed -- so I went back and worked on those and passed the associated quiz.

Anna 01-25-2016 12:16 PM

You've moving ahead in every aspect of your life, SP. Good job!

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 12:19 PM

Thanks, Anna. :)

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 12:34 PM

I texted my manager about returning to work around February 11th-12th or so. I do part-time merchandising of plants for a garden center.

Everyone was happy to hear from me.

My friend and co-worker says I've been missed. She I and texted some right after my surgery.

I told her to let everyone know I'm fine now, and to say "hello" for me.

Soberpotamus 01-25-2016 12:39 PM

Just before the surgery, I said goodbye to my realtor clients, the ones I blogged for and wrote digital copy for over the past five years.