SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year and Under Club Part 46 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/367482-one-year-under-club-part-46-a.html)

Soberwolf 06-11-2015 02:51 PM

Evening Unders

tootsl1 06-12-2015 12:37 AM

Keep on keeping on Undies! Xx

Gilmer 06-12-2015 04:10 AM

As opposed to falling off? ;)

BoozeFree 06-12-2015 07:04 AM

Hi undies.
Just checking in before wompland. Super tired today, can't wait to be off work

Shoester 06-12-2015 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by 60andbeyond (Post 5378448)
90 DAYS!!! I made it. I confess I'm posting that I made it to 90 so someone will tell me good job because I'm really not feeling proud of myself or like I did something good. I posted already in my month graduation group saying that I barely slid into 90 days sober because I was *this* close to drinking last night. It's pretty scary to me how I told myself okay it's fine to drink. I bargained and told myself if I was asked one more time if I wanted a drink I would accept it. It's pure luck that I wasn't asked. Not feeling so proud of myself for that ... regardless of how I got here I did manage to make it to 90 days even if I feel like I mentally gave up yesterday yet still lucked out and didn't drink.

That is fantastic!!! U should be real proud of yourself !!! 👏🏻👏🏻

petals 06-12-2015 03:03 PM

Mr p hitting the bottle again... :(
I'm so down and lonlely. Xx

Gilmer 06-12-2015 03:04 PM

I'm so sorry, Petals. :hug:

Dee74 06-12-2015 04:28 PM

I'm sorry to hear that too petals - look after yourself - post as much as you need to here, too :hug:

D

Dee74 06-12-2015 04:28 PM

I'm sorry to hear that too petals - look after yourself - post as much as you need to here, too :hug:

D

Saskia 06-12-2015 07:12 PM

Petals, so sorry to hear that. Please take care of yourself.

CaseyW 06-12-2015 07:53 PM

Checking in as day 36 comes to a close. Nothing much going on the last couple of days. Adjusting to the new job, still spending a lot of time here on SR. It's so good for me to get out of my own head for a while and possibly help others here while also helping myself.

I have been having sleep issues the last three nights. Keep waking up at around three in the morning and then only sleeping in 15-20 minute intervals after that before waking up again for a while. Sleep issues have never been an issue with me in sobriety or even really when I was out there drinking. Well, except when I was drinking, I'd have to get up and use the bathroom a lot but I'd always immediately fall back asleep. Anyways, I'm sure this is just some little quirk and it'll go away soon enough. I'm not going to stress out about it, but I'm also ready for it to go away as it is making for some long tired mornings.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober weekend!

petals -- sorry to hear that. We're here if you need help or just need to vent. Wishing you the best tonight...

BoozeFree 06-12-2015 09:34 PM

60andbeyond great job on 90 days! That's great.

Casey sleeping issues early in sobriety seem to be quit common but seem to improve with time.

Petals sorry to hear you're dealing with mr p drinking this evening. Post here and much as you need to and stay strong. Just think how nice it is that you don't have to deal with hangovers or anything else drinking brings.

Watching tv this evening keeping it mellow. I've been going out so much the past week that its nice to have some down time and relax. Wompland has been kicking my butt so looking forward to Sunday and Monday. I don't know how I ever kept my job while drinking everyday. Very grateful for my sober life. I can't believe next Sat will be a whole year.

tootsl1 06-13-2015 02:07 AM

Petals I have been thinking of you and wondering how you were, stick around here sweetie and enjoy some sober company . Hubby is making his choices, let yours be the right ones for you.

BeFree I am so excited you are nearly a year!

Casey, I still have sleep issues from time to time, like you not really a problem when I drank. Though when I drank my sleep was often more coma than sleep and very little rest in it. I use a sleep app and lately have been on YouTube and used Delta Wave recordings which seem to help for when I wake and can't get back off.

Be strong, Be SAfe, Be Sober my Undie friends

petals 06-13-2015 04:09 AM

Thanks guys. Sorry I don't post often. I feel as though I only post to moan.
He didn't even have a hangover and I feel like I've got one today!
Didn't sleep well. ....
Usual arguments. ... somehow it's always all my fault! !
Hope everyone is doing ok.xx

Saskia 06-13-2015 05:32 AM

Petals, imho, it's ok to post to moan though of course we'd like to see you here more often.

60, congrats on 90 days!!!

Casey, yeah - what others have said about sleeping. If I remember correctly when we have been drinking we don't get enough (if any) "dream" (REM) sleep. When we have such a deficit, our brains need to catch up. It makes for restless nights for awhile. If I have trouble falling asleep, I listen to about 1/2 hour of R. Carlos Nakai's flute music which gets my brain right in the spot to fall asleep :-) I doubt that would have worked early on, though.

Happy Saturday to all Undies :-)

gleefan 06-13-2015 07:51 AM

Hi Undies

It's great to see everyone!

BoozeFree - I am incredibly proud of how you've grown during the past 51 weeks. :)

Casey - Like toots my drunk sleep was more passing out than resting. sleep disruption is common as our brains heal in early sobriety. It will eventually work itself out. In sobriety I've found that sleep is like everything else - sometimes it goes well, sometimes it doesn't, but no matter what, it all works out ok. Hang in there! I try to embrace the lessons my challenges bring - practicing how to deal with what life brings without drinking over it, having faith that in learning what I need to in order to live a good life, has brought me tremendous peace and joy.

I also wanted to say that your comment about getting out of your head and maybe helping someone else was just what I needed to hear this morning! I woke up tossing some stuff in my head and when I read what you wrote, it reminded me of the rewards of giving and taking my focus off of me.

Petals - My husband drinks too. Have you read the Friends and Family boards on SR? There are some incredibly knowledgable, supportive people who are going through the same struggles as we are. It has been difficult to work through my husband's drinking while I was working through my sobriety. After struggling with my feelings about my husband's drinking for the past year (and venting frequently here, so please feel free to do the same and vent away Petals), I started going to AlAnon meetings. From the day I stepped into the meeting I knew that was where I need to be at that point in my journey.

I hope everyone has a wonderful sober weekend.

BoozeFree 06-13-2015 08:05 AM

Good morning undies.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Off to wompland

nymets86 06-13-2015 08:37 AM

Hey everyone, just checking in. Have a weekend at home, which has been incredibly rare. Had a few fleeting moments last night where I thought about drinking, but never did come close. Went to bed late last night after treating myself to some junk TV and slept in until about 11AM, which felt fantastic. I've been waking up every morning recently very early and getting in a workout. I'm down about 10-15 pounds (didn't want to get on the scale at my heaviest, so just an estimate) and I'm feeling great. My legs are crazy sore though, so a day off is much needed and nice to have a long sober sleep. Everything is still stiff, so going to go easy today too.

Have a nice sober Saturday everyone!

tootsl1 06-14-2015 12:50 AM

Petals I second Glee on the F&F thread and Al-anon. You are considering yourself as in recovery, but you are also coping with living with someone who is not taking your feelings into consideration when they drink. Speaking to others in the same boat will definitely help.

BoozeFree 06-14-2015 01:15 PM

NYM congrats on the weight loss. That's great your getting up early and starting your day with some exercise. I've found a lil exercise in the morning puts me in a really positive mood for the day.

Finally a womp free day! I took my dog to the park this morning and played ball for awhile then drove around town with her to get some errands done. My dog goes pretty much everywhere with me except for if I'm going to a restaurant or out with friends for the night.
Planning on watching some tv and just relaxing today.

How's everyone's weekend going?