SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2014 Part 21 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/366482-class-april-2014-part-21-a.html)

Dee74 05-27-2015 11:29 PM

have a good break Freein :)

D

obosob 05-28-2015 12:03 AM

Freein: yin yoga is great...
Smooth easy flowing...much better than hard core gym junkie stuff. Especially in early recovery...

Secret to any form of yoga I've found is you need a really good teacher. Someone who's really studied and trained up in a lineage. Not the weekend warrior lot who want to appear to be cool....

freein14 05-28-2015 09:19 AM

I've found a lovely old rambling guest house to stay in, with WiFi, yea!!

There's just enough room to roll out my yoga mat too, so it's just about perfect.
Obo, I totally agree about Yin yoga, I love keeping a stretch for a few minutes. I've been so used to the more active yoga, this has been a revelation to me.

I do have some preparation work to do tonight, but I think I'll go out for a stroll before I get down to it. The Dorset countryside is pretty.

I feel like I'm on holiday even though I'm meant to be working.

Friday tomorrow, so the Fools Bargain is reinstated.

obosob 05-28-2015 07:57 PM

Freein: Good stuff. That's the type of holiday I need to start envisaging. A healthy holiday being aware of lucky you are to actually be on holiday....

Presentation day today, no classes, full school hall. Obo's wearing a tie..... I had to wear one throughout secondary school, always feels like a dogs collar!

Gotta be seen to be active in this....

back later....

stay tuned........................

SolitaryThinker 05-28-2015 10:20 PM

Hey y'all, hanging in here in NY...really depressed, but assuming it's part of my lows of bipolar...moms still drunk and keeping my distance, thank The Lord for this apartment I got for myself! Saw my therapist today and she was an all star as usual...I got really lucky we click awesomely...I still have these intense thoughts of death and ending myself but I know it's just my "easy way out" now that I'm not abusing chemicals to make me happy....I still pray and wish that my mom will get her act together and it's not gonna happen...
My mother in law and the wife's family has been worried more for me then anyone in mine has been...I'm still dreadfully unhappy but I'm
Doing the preserve thing...whilst trying not to be bitter...
I feel this class dwindling slowly and I hope the rest of y'all stick with me!!!

SolitaryThinker 05-28-2015 10:21 PM

Freen- that's amazing M8 I'm glad that you found a little place to crash and that it feels like a holiday :)

SolitaryThinker 05-28-2015 10:23 PM

Obo, much love from NY pal...still thinking of little and mrs obo regularly :)

SolitaryThinker 05-28-2015 10:23 PM

D- thinking about you to buddy <3

SolitaryThinker 05-28-2015 10:24 PM

Rock, Ada, and anyone else that's reading, care about and miss all of u guys and hope everyone is ok

freein14 05-28-2015 10:39 PM

ST, you have such good insight to your bipolar now, that's got to be helping. It's so good to hear you have a good therapist. I also wish your mum could make her own changes, but of course, that's her own journey.

Hope this low patch passes quickly for you.

Dee74 05-28-2015 10:53 PM

Thanks ST - I'm hoping the weekend is better for you, bro :)

D

obosob 05-29-2015 12:17 AM

Cheers ST.....
We may be down in numbers but we're still without a doubt on the right path.
I've always wanted to go to NYC...
One day!!!
Stay tuned......

rockstonic 05-29-2015 12:26 AM

free, have you seen Broadchurch?! I just finished the first series and I've been obsessed with looking at pictures of Dorset (where it was filmed). It looks beautiful! Have a great time there.

Adna, so sorry to hear about your pup. I would be so devastated if anything happened to mine. I hope the vet can do something tomorrow to ease her pain.

obo, so glad to hear that Anna's doing well and that you're feeling a little cheerier about things in general :) I do listen to music sometimes. I'm studying organic chemistry and sometimes it hurts my brain so much I can't deal with other noise. Yesterday I did some work to Father John Misty. He does a cover of Nirvana's Heart Shape Box I really like. Mostly I listen to Beethoven symphonies though, lol. Intense classical music seems to work with chem.

Mariah, hope your week continues to get better!!

ST, sorry to hear about the sickness and your mom's up and downs. I hope things ease up a little. What a whirlwind! You're seeking out help in all kinds of positive ways though so I'm sure things will get more clear.

rockstonic 05-29-2015 12:33 AM

In terms of what's up with me, I agree with everything about slowing down in sobriety. While things are very busy and summer school goes at a quick clip I'm actually traveling half the distance and taking half the course load this summer. And I've planned a trip to the Pacific Northwest to look forward to later this summer when I finish! I'm trying to pace myself a bit more. So this summer doesn't end up like last summer when I was chugging whiskey at 8AM in the library... :34:

That said I have six months sober. If I make it through today that is. But I'm feeling pretty good about it. :dance8:

Dee74 05-29-2015 12:38 AM

congrats Rocks :)

D

obosob 05-29-2015 04:14 AM

Rocks: Awesome. 6 months is huge...!!!
I laughed when I read drinking whisky in the library.....
Ha!!!
I'm on I thingy otherwise I would have those flashing fireworks....
Slow the roll is a good thing I reckon...

In for the bargain...
Have a ball on holiday Freein....

Stay tuned....

ChickChick 05-29-2015 08:30 AM

Hi Fools! Just popping in to say hi. I'm finally back on track, day 5. It has been hell to get back to this point since February. I'm not going back again.
Hope you all are well. I'll have to catch up more soon. Love you guys. :hug:

Adnamaeel 05-29-2015 08:40 AM

Good morning,
ST, I'm kind of bummed by our dwindling numbers, too. I miss the absent fools, but am holding onto the hope that some of them will check in with us again. I'm sorry you aren't feeling better, and that things with your mom have gotten intense again. It's really good that you've moved away from your immediate family.
Mariah, I'm glad things are going better for you. I really hope it's a continuing trend.
Obo, I'm partial to Subaru wagons, myself. They are easy to drive, have really good safety ratings, and can haul a huge number of things. It must be really exciting to be planning to move back home. Say hi to Anna for me.
Freein, how wonderful to have work feel like a vacation, even if only for a few days. I hope the work part goes really smoothly, and that the rest is thoroughly enjoyable.
Rocks, 6 months is fantastic! I remember you posting during some of those mornings when you were drinking, and the progress you have made is inspiring.
Where are you going in the Pacific Northwest? That's where I live, and I know some parts of it really well, so let me know if you have any questions about the area.
Dee, I hope things are going well with you.
The dog, Ellie, goes to the vet this afternoon, and I imagine they'll give her stronger pain medication than she has now, along with a bad prognosis, and the instruction to prepare ourselves to let her go. I wish I could be more optimistic, but she's a dachshund, and spinal problems are typical for them. She's managed to walk a little since yesterday, but has very limited use of her back legs, and usually that only gets worse. We don't know how old she is, she was on her way to the pound when we got her, and there was a bit of a language barrier with the person we got her from, so the information we got was really limited. Losing her will be hardest on our other dog, Annie, but will still suck for my ex and me. This is one of the reasons I've always insisted on mutts, they just don't have the health problems that purebreds do, but she looked so pitiful when we saw her with the guy that had to get rid of her that we couldn't say no.
Otherwise things are moving along around here. I need to make more of an effort to socialize than I have been, but other than that, everything is fine, just a bit dull.
I'm in for the fools bargain. Have a good weekend everyone!

Adnamaeel 05-29-2015 08:41 AM

Chick, you chimed in while I was writing. It's good to see you again!

freein14 05-29-2015 12:01 PM

Rocks, congratulations:nyc

6 months is fabulous, you star!

Chickchick, it's lovely to have you back, you can do this!

It's been a really intense, but fabulous day, my brain is hurting, so I'm going to roll out my yoga mat and stretch before going to bed.

I'm in for the Bargain.

Have a great start to the weekend everyone.