SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2014 Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/353314-class-december-2014-part-2-a.html)

brynn 12-16-2014 06:12 PM

I can never even get in! I can get into chat but then??? I'm on an iPad...

Tonks 12-16-2014 06:17 PM

If you can get into chat just stay logged in and Opi says they will move you into the meeting room

Tonks 12-16-2014 06:18 PM

double post

brynn 12-16-2014 06:21 PM

Ok thanks

brynn 12-16-2014 08:00 PM

Night mates! Sober to bed, sober to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise! :)

Hugs to everyone...especially to those of us struggling tonight.

Midwest1981 12-16-2014 08:20 PM

Goodnight Brynn!

December class- I had a good sober day! Talk to you all tomorrow!

OmoRose 12-16-2014 08:44 PM

Good evening! Or good morning! I usually only get a chance to post here in the evenings lately, but always want to touch base with my fellow seekers of permanent sobriety.

Welcome Donny and Sue!

Very tired tonight so I'm off to slumberland. I read through all the posts, and I'm sending you all positive vibes! :hug:
Day ten complete. I am grateful for my life.

FacingFuture 12-16-2014 08:56 PM

Goodnight all! Another day in the bag.

I've made seven. Now I can make it to 10. I hope you all have a great night.

GnikNus 12-16-2014 09:09 PM

Here at the end of day 13. Tomorrow will be two weeks. It's back to work after a month off spending time with my family as we welcomed a son a couple of days before Thanksgiving.

It will be the first time I've worked and not had a few in the evening. We'll see how it goes. I have my fishing gear in the truck and will stop off for a few casts after work instead of a few beers.

13 days later- I can see a huge change physically and mentally. It has been worth every day without the bottle.

MariahGayle 12-16-2014 10:18 PM

Wow......you all are doing great! Congrats to everyone for another day sober!

Glad your here with us Sue......Be kind to yourself in these early days....you can do it & you will begin to feel better.

Sydney, I'm with Obladi, 2 weeks sober on an island would be fabulous......that will be a real vacation!

GnikNus.....I think throwing your pole in the truck & stopping to fish on your way home instead of the beers is GREAT.....such a better way to unwind...just think that new little boy will be standing beside you with a pole before you know it:)

Too tired to post much more here tonight......was a good, busy day......I will wake with 13 days tomorrow & I am grateful for that.

sydneyman 12-17-2014 12:06 AM

Thanks Obladi and MariahG... I am sure an island break for 2 weeks is good for the body and soul. I have to just relax and busy myself and get a bunch of books and or kindle with me. worried what I am going to do. At least its not a party island but a small island of the east coast of Australia with limited internet coverage...hmm going to be interesting. Its still a few weeks away so will keep on posting on my daily progress here until I leave.
Mariah u doing well keep up the good work, you will be fine. Isnt it nice to wkae up groggy from sleep and not alcohol. That is what I love the most. A clear head, eyes and head clear. Having a drink and throwing almost 3 weeks sober down the drain is just something that I am not willing to do to myself. I just hope this motivation keeps going on ...sleep tight everybody...tomorrow morning it will be day 20,,Never in my life did I expect to say this and I just did! I am so proud of myself (sorry blowing my own horn here)

Dee74 12-17-2014 12:10 AM

what happens when you get into chat Brynn?

D

classypants19 12-17-2014 02:11 AM

Hey gang, just checking in. Day 6 for me. We spent an extra night in the city as we had lots of errands to run. Will catch up and read all of the recent posts since I last checked in. Hope you are all well and sober.

ishallnotwant 12-17-2014 03:40 AM

Day 18. Busy work day today. Love working at my best everyday without the fog, shame, and regret of alcohol.

confusedagain 12-17-2014 04:15 AM

looking forward to Friday and start of some down time

Hello all,

Looking forward to some down time starting Friday, my business is really slow from about now until Jan 15th as folks are not looking to get work done during the holidays and they are thinking on how to pay the visa bill from Holiday purchases.

Day 17 for me, that little voice has been popping up but I am just pretending I am someone's wife and using sellective hearing (LOL) often say to my wife I am doing this today etc and she will say I didn't know that (Even though I told her 2 days ago that's what I was doing (selective hearing)

I notice that many posts express that they are working out etc. Exercising releases chemicals in the brain which make your mood rise. Great way to fight off the voice.

Well thanks for listening and everyone have a great day

Rob

:ring

BBQBiker 12-17-2014 04:23 AM

Good Morning Everyone! Waking up refreshed on day 12 - yippee. So nice to be able to check off things on the list each day and feel the joy of accomplishment.
Thank for all the inspiration.

confusedagain 12-17-2014 04:31 AM

Being in control of your life is amazing

Originally Posted by BBQBiker (Post 5081101)
Good Morning Everyone! Waking up refreshed on day 12 - yippee. So nice to be able to check off things on the list each day and feel the joy of accomplishment.
Thank for all the inspiration.

Hi BBQBIKER

That's the greatest thing for me bing sober, I can remember what I did yesterday and feel good that I will be sober to plan my week and follow through
without missig a day or not feel like doing anything from being hung over.

Lists and plans are good, man / women with a plan is good

:thanks

kittycat3 12-17-2014 04:55 AM

Day 8. Wow it feels good to be over a week sober!

Still working on focusing on one day at a time. For example, I got a happy hour invite for this Friday - I already have plans, so I am not worried about my excuse - but I started to feel pangs of regret that I can't attend and be a part of it and the little devil in my head started crafting up ways I could attend and sneak in a beer.
It's not until Friday, I will not worry about it until then. (Plus no way am I going, anyway!)

I am so grateful to be sober. I remember the drinking from last week and feel so glad that's behind me and I never have to be there again.

Happy sober days to all!

EJP 12-17-2014 05:40 AM

Good morning all!

Day 12 begins and im feeling pretty good. Ive got a small list of things to do today plus exercise. Im definitely feeling more... dare I say it... positive about my outlook on life. Nothing consistent but the rays of happiness are peeking thru the fog more and more.

I'm still having a lot of social anxiety. My daughter has a dentist appointment tomorrow and for some reason the thought of sitiing there for 30 minutes is unsettling. Im sure things will be fine... im just sharing some feelings.

In retrospect, Ive always had a lot of anxiety that I really didnt come to terms with until recently. I think its something Im going to be working on for a while.

Congrats on everybody for making progress and staying strong!

brynn 12-17-2014 05:53 AM

Good morning y'all! 12 days waking up sober is getting to be a habit! Yay!!

It's so good to see everyone this morning and I love seeing everyone tick off days of sobriety! Y'all are inspiring!

I will be moving into a hotel this weekend...one of those extended stay deals. Not looking forward to it but I'm committed to putting my sobriety first, so....the Marriott it is!

Have a great day y'all! And stay the course!