SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of March 2014 Part 12 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/342083-class-march-2014-part-12-a.html)

biminiblue 10-22-2014 07:11 AM

Hi!!

Not a lot of activity in here lately.

Air, I'm job hunting too. I'm ready to take the 7-11 job at this point, LOL.

Still not drinking. I do think about it, though. Yesterday was one of "those" days. Coming up on eight months in a little over a week. Wow. Very happy about that and not about to start over.

((hugs to all))

Discovery14 10-22-2014 07:11 AM

Chris, keep at it. I had a long post written to you but pushed the wrong key and woosh it was gone. No time now.

Suffice it to say I am rooting for you in your sobriety.

Discovery14 10-22-2014 07:14 AM

Hi Bimini!

Two of us Marchers here at the same time. That is rare these days.

Best of luck with your job search and congrats on the 8 months coming up soon.

calichris 10-22-2014 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Discovery14 (Post 4969241)
Chris, keep at it. I had a long post written to you but pushed the wrong key and woosh it was gone. No time now.

Suffice it to say I am rooting for you in your sobriety.

Long post for me? Ooohh I would love to see it I hope you have the time. I am 72 days now. No looking back I feel better than ever. Actually having a not-so-great week but I know drinking would make it utterly miserable. Love you all !

calichris 10-22-2014 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Discovery14 (Post 4957519)
How are you doing MrFixIt?

And Chris, hope you are doing well! Still playing tennis?

I have to take a trip starting on Friday with a co-worker who is a big time drinker. We used to drink our way from airport to airport, meeting to meeting. Should prove interesting. I will be on the ice tea diet.

If I can't check in I will be back on Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a fun and sober weekend!

Discovery,
How was your trip with the "big time drinker" ?

Discovery14 10-22-2014 05:45 PM

The trip was interesting. First change of planes, at 9am, I order coffee. They looked at me and did the same. Last year it would have been mimosa at the least, if not already in to the whiskey.

Next airport I order ice tea. Another strange look and they order ice tea.

First dinner I say I am fine with water. They order a glass, a single glass, of wine.

And so it went. No more heart starters at breakfast, beer with shooters at lunch and the mid-afternoon. No drinks for starters, bottles of wine with, and liqueur etc after for dinner. No finding a liquor store to have a bottle or more in the room. I think the most they had at a meal was two glasses of wine. They might have had a bottle in their room, but if so they didn't hit it like we used to.

I don't know what they thought was going on but went along with it. They never did ask me why I wasn't drinking and I didn't volunteer.

I can say we got a lot more work done than in previous years, and our expenses for meals were easily half what they used to be.

Makes me happy to be where I am, but sad that I wasted so much time and money over all those years.

Discovery14 10-23-2014 05:24 PM

Going out camping tomorrow. Forecast is for light rain but improving towards Sunday. We'll see if we end up soaked. Temps will be fine though in the 40s-50s. Going to be a good time irregardless.

Have a great and sober weekend.:a122:

Dee74 10-23-2014 07:14 PM

you too discovery :)

D

calichris 10-29-2014 07:06 AM

Hi Marchers. I am on Day 79 and feeling great. Just wanted to check in with you all. It has been so quiet here. I already notice that in my August Class we have lost 80% of the folks and the remaining folks are starting to post less except for a few. I really hope it does not get this quiet in 2-3 months. I may join the One Year and Under ("Undies") to get more activity.
Love you all and pray you are all sober and happy !! Love, Chris

Discovery14 10-29-2014 07:09 AM

Well that might have been the last "real" camping trip of the year. It was fun, if a bit wet and windy. Still it is nice being outdoors. Now to get ready to deal with the snow. Hopefully what I call the mud season isn't too long and we go from the warm Fall straight in to snow and ice.

Hope all of you Marchers are doing well.

Aarry and Bimini are coming up on 8 months, Congrats:c011:

Speaking of that let us know how you are Aarry. Hope you are doing well.

Sparkos 10-29-2014 08:20 AM

Hi Marchers, I've resurfaced. I was drowning for quite a while!

I've joined another class, the Octsobers, but I'll keep popping back here to my "Alma Mater" (although I didn't graduate!!). Not many of you left here unfortunately. I hope that the people who are still around are doing well.

Dee74 10-29-2014 09:23 PM

congrats Chris :)

welcome back Sparkos :)

hunker down discovery!

D

enfinthechange 10-30-2014 03:00 PM

Yeah, I'm here too, day 12 in the bag... I'm ashamed I'm not at 8 months too... I hate failing and admitting I'm wrong, but I just did, so nurgh....am proud if u guys who are sober, I miss this class, love n peace x

Discovery14 11-03-2014 05:08 PM

Welcome back Sparkos and Change.

Wow starting to gather up some familiar names.

I like that Octsober name Sparkos:a122:

You can do it Change! Glad to see you and Sparkos back and working on sobriety. Remember you just have to stay sober one day at a time. "Today I will not drink. "

Hey Chris. Yeah I have looked at the Undies but I am just so busy getting caught up on all the stuff I have neglected/ignored for all these years.

Yet another busy week, I am working on a fundraiser for a non-profit. I do the computers so my week is taken up making sure all the equipment that hasn't run for a year is ready to go. I have been doing this for 10+ years and I can say that it sure is easier getting all the necessary work done since I am not drunk all of the time. Even seem to be having some time to enjoy it.

Have a nice sober evening!

Berrybean 11-10-2014 05:35 AM

Hi - can I join the March 2014 thread? My sober date was 5th March. Since then hve overcome many challenges that I could have chosen to drink on, but the folk on here and at AA have helped to keep me focussed and determined.

I can't say that I'm feeling much more organised like Discovery though - I still don't get things done so efficiently. I often wonder how I ever had time to drink!!

trachemys 11-10-2014 05:54 AM

Well, Marchers, I think I'll jump in here for another place to post. You seem like nice peeps. At least there's another backpacker here!

My original spot is the 2013 Marchers. After a few weeks, I went off the reservation and it took me over a year to get back here. When I did, they found me and demanded I return to the fold.

So I'm gonna chime in occasionally and spread what support I can.

Hey Bim!

Discovery14 11-10-2014 07:31 PM

Welcome Beccybean:a122: Of course you can join us.

Congrats on the 8 months! That is great.

I am really not that organized, I just have excess energy now that I am not self-medicating with a depressant. I also have many years of deferred maintenance and deferred life to catch up on.

Discovery14 11-10-2014 07:33 PM

Welcome to you Trachemys. Another Marcher:You_Rock_

We welcome all support.

I am glad you are back on track. How is it going with that?

Dee74 11-10-2014 07:36 PM

Welcome Trach :)

D

Discovery14 11-10-2014 07:37 PM

Got done with my volunteer event. It was quite easy this year. Easiest in the more than 10 years I have been doing it. I would like to say that it was easier because I have gained more experience but the truth is it was easier because I was working full time at it. Not 1/4 time at the work and 3/4 time at the booze like in the past years. Amazing how much easier things are to get done when they get ones full attention.:a043: