SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of March 2014 Part 12 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/342083-class-march-2014-part-12-a.html)

calichris 09-10-2014 11:34 AM

Discovery, Bimini, Aarry [and all other Marchers] so great to "see" you all again !!!! I am part of the August class now and 30 days sober today. One day at a time I will get all my sober days back and then some!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Aarry I am so sorry about your house but I believe what Dee says is true it will work out better even than you even expected in the end.

Wow everyone 6 months congratulations !!!!! My wife is baking me a cake for my 30 day celebration today. This time around I have her as part of my recovery. Feels a lot less "lonely" to have the closest ones you love involved in your milestones of sobriety.

You guys will always be my "first class". I stumbled a couple of times, each time learning something new. I now have my home in the August of 2014 class and feel stronger than ever and more commited than ever to being free from alcohol/poison. Come by and say hello. I miss you all and love you !!

-Chris

Discovery14 09-11-2014 06:05 PM

Good to hear from you Chris.

Glad that you are on track again. One day at a time.

I'll poke my nose in to the August class and take a look around.

Discovery14 09-15-2014 05:31 PM

Getting ready to go on another 6 day hike. Leaving on Wednesday. Can't wait!

calichris 09-16-2014 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Discovery14 (Post 4900691)
Getting ready to go on another 6 day hike. Leaving on Wednesday. Can't wait!

That sounds so great Discovery!! What a great way to get in tune with nature!

Discovery14 09-23-2014 09:59 PM

Had a fun hike. We had to extend because we got caught in a rain out in the desert. Couldn't drive the car out from where we left it and had to wait for the place to dry out so we wouldn't get stuck. Was a nice extension to a great trip.

How are things Chris?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Discovery14 09-28-2014 06:37 PM

Hope you all are doing well.:c011:

I am still very busy. Worked on getting the house ready for Winter today. That's something I missed the last few years due to my excess drinking. fortunately my house seems to have survived the neglect. Looks like I'll have more time to prepare this coming week with a forecast of good weather.

Discovery14 09-29-2014 05:48 PM

Still plugging away on pre-Winter projects.

I would rather be playing on the lathe ....

Aarry and Bimini are coming up on 7 months in a few days.

Big congrats:c029::a122:

Discovery14 09-30-2014 09:29 PM

Hey Dee! Thanks for checking in on us.

Was lazy today. Didn't do anything after work except read and write. Back at it tomorrow, promise.

Discovery14 10-04-2014 09:06 PM

Busy day today!

Worked on Winter prep all morning and then went and gave blood. Never would have dared when I was drinking. Blood bank is short so they took 2 units of red blood cells and gave me back my plasma.

After resting a bit got to play on the lathe making small pieces of metal out of large ones:c011:

Hope all, especially Marchers, are having a fun and sober weekend.

Dee74 10-04-2014 09:12 PM

no problem Discovery - have a good weekend :)

D

Discovery14 10-09-2014 02:29 PM

Will be "celebrating" my 31st week sober tonight. Who wudda thunk?

After 7 months I am finally getting to the point that I can go a day or several without ever even thinking about alcohol. That is a good feeling.

Hope all are still sober and doing well.

MrFixit63 10-09-2014 02:45 PM

Discovery you are a rockstar keep it up

Dee74 10-09-2014 04:02 PM

way to go Discovery :c014:

D

Discovery14 10-15-2014 06:05 PM

How are you doing MrFixIt?

And Chris, hope you are doing well! Still playing tennis?

I have to take a trip starting on Friday with a co-worker who is a big time drinker. We used to drink our way from airport to airport, meeting to meeting. Should prove interesting. I will be on the ice tea diet.

If I can't check in I will be back on Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a fun and sober weekend!

Discovery14 10-15-2014 06:05 PM

Thanks for checking in on us Dee! You are the rock of this forum.:You_Rock_

Dee74 10-15-2014 06:07 PM

Have a good trip Discovery :)

D

calichris 10-16-2014 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Discovery14 (Post 4957519)
How are you doing MrFixIt?

And Chris, hope you are doing well! Still playing tennis?

I have to take a trip starting on Friday with a co-worker who is a big time drinker. We used to drink our way from airport to airport, meeting to meeting. Should prove interesting. I will be on the ice tea diet.

If I can't check in I will be back on Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a fun and sober weekend!

Doing great Discovery thanks for asking and YES playing LOTS of tennis !!

Kind of sad to see so few posts here :( I am in the class of August and they post multiple times per hour. I know that won't last forever but it is nice to know someone is always there to respond. I just recently started on my 3rd month of sobriety and feeling better than ever.

Love you all you were my original class !!

Special shout out to Bimini, Aarry and all you guys/gals I miss you and pray you are all well !!!

Love, Chris

airwick 10-18-2014 08:11 AM

A day over 7 months, I should be happy. For some reason I feel like Shi_

I've been out of work for almost 5 moths, I'm not getting support from my X, I'm raising a 12 yr. boy ( the lover of my life I might add) In Dec. my sons BD, Christmas. I don't know where he thinks the money is going to some from.

He has Boy Scouts, Band, Catholic School----all I pay for out of savings. I have home owners insurance, property tax, two dogs to feed, a fence to put up, tree limbs in the backyard--which no one will come and get even if I pay. My fence which was supposed to go up months ago.

airwick 10-19-2014 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by airwick (Post 4962445)
A day over 7 months, I should be happy. For some reason I feel like Shi_

I've been out of work for almost 5 moths, I'm not getting support from my X, I'm raising a 12 yr. boy ( the lover of my life I might add) In Dec. my sons BD, Christmas. I don't know where he thinks the money is going to some from.

He has Boy Scouts, Band, Catholic School----all I pay for out of savings. I have home owners insurance, property tax, two dogs to feed, a fence to put up, tree limbs in the backyard--which no one will come and get even if I pay. My fence which was supposed to go up months ago.

It is supposed to say "Love" not lover

Discovery14 10-22-2014 07:06 AM

Airwick, just keep plugging away. Your situation will improve at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Keep putting out applications and don't let the financial stuff get in the way of enjoying your boy. I realize it is tough to do that but the financial problems will be there whether you play catch with the kid or not, so go ahead and play the game of catch (or whatever it is that is fun).

Most of all don't go back to drinking. It costs a lot of money and not only does it not solve anything, but rather puts more road blocks in the way of correcting your current situation.

I am hoping to soon see a post from you that things have changed for the better.