SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2014 Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/342081-class-july-2014-part-4-a.html)

HeadLump 08-24-2014 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 (Post 4857557)
I'm having a very bad morning my air plane was delayed by 2 hours I got back I missed the bus to my parking lot had to wait 45 minutes got my car headed home hit a pothole two flat tires waiting on triple AAA. %%$%%$$&-

I hope your day's improving, Fixy :hug: Sometimes it's good to get all the crap out of the way in one go! :)

Originally Posted by EyesOfAStranger (Post 4857580)
Hi all!
Anyway, end of last week I almost had a slip. I would have actually, only it didn't pan out. Upset with myself, but it actually ended well I guess, added to my resolve in the end - but obviously need to explore it.

That said, I'm still on whatever day it is - I don't have the time to do the math, but I know I'm the same day as CCam and MrF :)

I'm so, so glad you didn't slip and have emerged even stronger. And if you're on a par with ccam and Fixy, you're doing brilliantly! :bigok:

HeadLump 08-24-2014 11:12 AM

Day 15 of no bingeing for me - Yay! :) Have been working in the garden most of today and now have my feet up watching tv. Had a very healthy dinner, too, so feeling good.

I'm sorry you're still suffering from flu, kahlia, but glad that Buster is being sorted and will get his op :hug:

Great job on 37 days, Resolv, and 27 days, Rachelle :bigok:

Glad you had a great time in Dallas, PHS :)

Hope everyone else is well and holding strong and enjoying Sunday xxx

rachelle77 08-24-2014 02:30 PM

Thanks, headlump! And good job to you too!

I love that you mention gardening. It's something that I've always been interested in, yet never really got around to doing. Since I have all of this new free sober time, I'd really like to make the effort now. Thanks for the reminder!

HeadLump 08-25-2014 03:41 AM

It's all quiet here - where is everybody???? :dunno: I hope you're all far too busy being happy and sober to post!

Day 16 of no bingeing here. It's a Bank Holiday and, typically, chucking it down! But the garden seems to be glowing in this half-light and the sky is amazing. We moved a lot of plants yesterday to prepare the garden for landscaping later this week and they're outside the kitchen window looking very very pretty and blissfully happy about the rain. It's as if they're breathing out and stretching - performing plant yoga before my very eyes :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying Monday xxx

ccam1973 08-25-2014 04:39 AM

Good morning juliers!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Tried to check in when possible. Took the kids to a natural spring to swim and time just flew by saturday. Ton of yard work and more swmimming with the kids yesterday and boom, where did the weekend go?

At least this time I can remember all of the great memories since I was sober!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and gearing up for a strong sober week!

Check in later

Youngaddictionwarrior 08-25-2014 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 (Post 4857557)
I'm having a very bad morning my air plane was delayed by 2 hours I got back I missed the bus to my parking lot had to wait 45 minutes got my car headed home hit a pothole two flat tires waiting on triple AAA. %%$%%$$&-

You sound like ur having a kahlia day lol

Well F,F,F,F and F$&k! I am so annoyed. Said to Bernie tonight how I told my boss I don't drink anymore and it doesn't suit me & could only have a few drinks & what's the point of having a few when I'd rather have none at all. Instead of getting praised for reading a book that helped & being told how proud he is I get " you can't have any. Ur not allowed none!"
Well duh thanks for making me feel pissed off wanker I already know that and I don't need to be told I can't do anything cause I can do what I dam well please I just don't choose to drink again. When I'm told I can't do something it automatically makes me feel like a child and I want to rebel. Not with alcohol I just feel like taking away something he needs lol.

I really need to get my anti depressants filled haven't had them in 3 maybe 4 days, makes me think I should just quit them too but I don't trust myself enough already acting like a cranky school teacher.

On a nerve racking but positive note I've booked busters operation for 24th September. I drop him off at 8.30am and I'm gonna stick around till 10.30am to make sure everything goes positive with his x rays so I'm gonna need some moral support and treat myself to breakky if I can eat.

I'm still sober not really sure what day it is cause I'm not counting, I just know I've hit 2 months on the 13 th lol. It really is true how life works in great ways. Here I am needing $ and out of the blue got $600 commission coming in which will take care of everything and I can go back to saving.

Missed u all :tyou

PHS11 08-25-2014 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by kahlia01 (Post 4859196)
You sound like ur having a kahlia day lol

Well F,F,F,F and F$&k! I am so annoyed. Said to Bernie tonight how I told my boss I don't drink anymore and it doesn't suit me & could only have a few drinks & what's the point of having a few when I'd rather have none at all. Instead of getting praised for reading a book that helped & being told how proud he is I get " you can't have any. Ur not allowed none!"
Well duh thanks for making me feel pissed off wanker I already know that and I don't need to be told I can't do anything cause I can do what I dam well please I just don't choose to drink again. When I'm told I can't do something it automatically makes me feel like a child and I want to rebel. Not with alcohol I just feel like taking away something he needs lol.

I really need to get my anti depressants filled haven't had them in 3 maybe 4 days, makes me think I should just quit them too but I don't trust myself enough already acting like a cranky school teacher.

On a nerve racking but positive note I've booked busters operation for 24th September. I drop him off at 8.30am and I'm gonna stick around till 10.30am to make sure everything goes positive with his x rays so I'm gonna need some moral support and treat myself to breakky if I can eat.

I'm still sober not really sure what day it is cause I'm not counting, I just know I've hit 2 months on the 13 th lol. It really is true how life works in great ways. Here I am needing $ and out of the blue got $600 commission coming in which will take care of everything and I can go back to saving.

Missed u all :tyou

That was an awesome post:c011::c011::c011::c011:

HeadLump 08-26-2014 05:55 AM

Still so quiet - I do hope everyone is ok :hug:

Fixy? Kahlia? Ccam? Whole? Midnight? And anyone else I haven't mentioned! Are you all hiding????

Day 17 of no bingeing for me. I've just done an hour's walk (half of which carrying heavy shopping) and an hour of Zumba (not the fast, nonstop one, but the far more sedate over-50s version.. . I don't believe in overdoing it ;)) Now we're about to go out for coffee and cake :)

Happy Tuesday all xxx

MrFixit63 08-26-2014 08:47 AM

Kahlia September 24 is fixits birthday good day to get anything done..

MrFixit63 08-26-2014 08:57 AM

Hello lumpy I am here I am sober I'm on vacation this week I knew I was going to be but when I got home Sunday my son called me and said pops get to the beach I got a surprise for you so I drove to the beach both sons were there . We got on a boat and spent Sunday and Monday deep sea fishing just got back on land this morning. What a beautiful weekend

HeadLump 08-26-2014 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 (Post 4861424)
Hello lumpy I am here I am sober I'm on vacation this week I knew I was going to be but when I got home Sunday my son called me and said pops get to the beach I got a surprise for you so I drove to the beach both sons were there . We got on a boat and spent Sunday and Monday deep sea fishing just got back on land this morning. What a beautiful weekend

Sounds fantastic, Fixy. Seems like everyone is gaining from your sobriety :c014:

So happy for you, my friend :hug:

MrFixit63 08-26-2014 11:35 AM

I am such a lucky man I haven't done a lot of things in my life correctly but I raised two fine young men I'm such a proud papa..

awholenewlife52 08-26-2014 12:53 PM

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've not been around for a few days, I've been busy busy. :)

I've had a read of everyone's posts, it was nice to catch up with how everyone's doing.

I'm still doing well and nearing the end of day 35, woohoo! :) I've felt a little out of sorts, but learning to deal with those kinds of feelings without drinking over them is very useful. Life is much better sober.

Keep up the good work, everyone. :ring

HeadLump 08-26-2014 01:14 PM

Good to hear from you, whole :) 35 days is brilliant! :c011: I'm sure that any 'out of sorts' feelings will pass as your body and brain get used to sobriety :hug:

awholenewlife52 08-26-2014 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by HeadLump (Post 4861827)
Good to hear from you, whole :) 35 days is brilliant! :c011: I'm sure that any 'out of sorts' feelings will pass as your body and brain get used to sobriety :hug:

Thanks, HeadLump, your kind words are appreciated. X :tyou

petals 08-26-2014 02:30 PM

I'm still here too, hope everyone's doing ok.
hope buster is ok. Got loads of stuff happening here....but no wine...... so all will be ok.
will hopefully post more again soon. Xxxx

Youngaddictionwarrior 08-26-2014 06:10 PM

great to hear from everyone fixy my birthday is 15th of September :-)
That's lovely that your sons did that! I just brought a seafood platter for 2 for me & dad for fathers day and a guess watch for myself. so much better than spending it on alcohol

ccam1973 08-26-2014 07:26 PM

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't checked in today. Trying to get back in thecswing of school time again. Think its as much of an adjustment for parents as it is for the kids.

Headlump, awesome on 17 days and awholenewlife, great job on 35. Proud of you both.

Mr f, glad you are getting time time with your boys. I hope when my kids are grown they will still want to spend time with old dad!

Kahlia, hope today is better for you.

Thinking of all the julyers tonight. Sleep well all!

Youngaddictionwarrior 08-26-2014 09:29 PM

thanks ccam, yeah its a lot better got my anti depressants and 2 days off tomorrow . getting my nails done and a massage & mums bday seafood buffet sat night yay

Youngaddictionwarrior 08-26-2014 09:30 PM

congrats on everyones progress you guys make it all possible xxx