SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2014 Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/342081-class-july-2014-part-4-a.html)

ccam1973 08-19-2014 02:38 PM

Good luck Mr. F with the therapist. Sorry you are in a down spot.

Just remember that drinking will just make the darkest days darker in the long run.

Petals, not sure what to say about the man-period thing. I'm sure my wife would agree, whole hartedly, that my mood swings are worse than hers most of the time.

Hope everyone is doing good today! Stay strong Julyers.

MrFixit63 08-19-2014 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by petals (Post 4848023)
Aw what a day! Why are men so infuriating?
Mines just beem in the bathroom for a while......so I said leave rhe light on so the extractor fan stays on....... he then goes of on one saying ' your in one again then' wot me...... I just wanted to be able to go brush my teeth......

must be on his man period .....yet again....... sorry to the men on here, im sure we ladies annoy you tooo.
Time for coffffeeeeeee.xx

Thank you for making me laugh petals..

MrFixit63 08-19-2014 04:31 PM

Petals maybe that's what's been wrong with me the last few days I'm on my man period so bring me my ice cream turn on my TV shows and shut the hell up :-)

Dee74 08-19-2014 04:37 PM

Best wishes mr F :)

D

ANewDayNYC 08-19-2014 07:18 PM

Made it to a month sober today. It hasn't been easy (and I had a few close calls), but just taking it one day at a time.

Altoids 08-19-2014 07:36 PM

Nice job, NewDay. That is awesome!!! Congrats!

Youngaddictionwarrior 08-19-2014 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 (Post 4848523)
Rain rain Take away my darkest days

Im feeling that way too fixy! I just got a pen to analyse myself to figure out why im doomy and gloomy. I wrote what im feeling, why im feeling it & a solution.it really helped :scoregood I hope you all try it sometime! looking forward to hear what the doctor says, did u get a chance to get that book?

Originally Posted by petals (Post 4848023)
Aw what a day! Why are men so infuriating?
Mines just beem in the bathroom for a while......so I said leave rhe light on so the extractor fan stays on....... he then goes of on one saying ' your in one again then' wot me...... I just wanted to be able to go brush my teeth......

must be on his man period .....yet again....... sorry to the men on here, im sure we ladies annoy you tooo.
Time for coffffeeeeeee.xx

tell him I can smell his **** from Australia and to wait until you have brushed your teeth LOL so glad we don't have an ensuite! men tend to get insecure too but they show it as biting back. well all the men ive known do lol.
when Bernie and I had the huge fight and I hit my head aka the end of my miserable drinking days ( hitting my head actually knocked some sense into me not out of me :-)) he was being horrible saying how I used to make an effort to be sexy...well yeah its called love & if I have to wear make up to bed so I look "sexy" sorry but aint sticking around!... I turned around after it hurt me and said " you want to tell me I don't try anymore well you need to check yourself, loose the beer gut ur about to pop, have a shave and brush your teeth!" ever since I stuck up for myself he actually realised being mean got him nowhere and he thought about the hurtful things he said & hasn't said mean things since. I can tell he was hurt by what I said cause he is eating less and shaving more lol... that probably doesn't make sense I ramble so much x

Lumpy double digits wohoooooooo!!! I saw the light last night, realised after I weighed myself at the gym ive lost 8 kgs since march without bulimia and that's with eating what I want and feel like and 1 day a weeks excersize! this is an amazing breakthrough to anyone with bad eating habits as it proves if we binge, purge or simply put on some weight we can loose it!

ok now my update:-:react
been feeling down, just realised last night I forgot to take my anti depressants for 2 days.
The things im mostly down about are money and my dog.
Buster is going back to the vets Friday as I was a nervous wreck last night as his leg is 3x worse. I feel so helpless as i don't know what he is feeling or how to make him feel better, money is stressfull but no amount of money could put a price on my boy! ive figured im also sad cause mums down but im spending tomorrow with her so she can vent all she wants and feel better and ill feel better for helping her.
Stressing about $ where as when i look at it realistically everything will be ok & back to normal within the month.
nervous about finishing my book as i feel i need constant reinforcement that i don't need to drink to have fun. and when i wrote this in my diary i realised what im lacking right now is fun. im only filled with doom and gloom over things that will be fine and the fact that its confirmed IVE GOT THE FLU but what i actually need is to do something happy & fun and ill feel better.
I can also say that if i had of drank cause ive been feeling down everything would have catapulted so im glad to go through these emotions sober.

Hope everyones ok sorry for my rant luv u all

ccam1973 08-19-2014 08:00 PM

Great job newday on one montth! Keep up the good work!

Kahlia, so sorry to hear you are having a rough time too. Our pets are part of the family. When they hurt we all feel their pain. I sincerely hope the vet can help Buster out and you get some quality time with your mom. Hope you feel better soon.

Hope everyone else is having a good night. Sleep well juliers.

awholenewlife52 08-19-2014 11:44 PM

Hello everyone,

I enjoyed catching up and reading everyone's posts. :)

HeadLump, well done on getting to double digits, yay!

kahlia, sorry to hear you're feeling down and not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon on both counts. I also hope everything gets sorted with Buster.

ANewDay, very well done on one month, yay! I'm almost there myself at 29 days today.

Mr Fixit, hope the visit to the therapist goes / went well.

Oh well, I'm just off to have some breakfast. :) Hello to my other fellow Juliers! :ring

Altoids 08-20-2014 05:18 AM

Good morning. We are up early here bc we are heading into the city to take our daughter to the airport. She is actually already IN the city with friends and my car. . . so we will meet here there and have a good-bye breakfast.

Empty nest is what sent me into an alcohol spin and every time we are with one or both the kids (actually we have 3 now that our son is married) and it is over, it puts me into a bad funk which have lead to relapses eventually. I have a plan for the next several days and a DRs appt tmr. BUT I may been needing my SR cheering section, too. Pray for me.

Youngaddictionwarrior 08-20-2014 05:42 AM

Altoids we have faith in you. It's all just conditioning and us being brainwashed to the fact alcohol helps. It doesn't and will make you more upset stay strong xxx

HeadLump 08-20-2014 07:01 AM

Legs eleven for Lumpy today! Yay!!! I was a bit shaky yesterday but I told the AV where to go :vd and he's being quieter for now!

Kahlia, I'm so sorry you're feeling down. I hope Buster bounces back soon, too :hug:

Altoids, love and prayers winging their way to you right now! :hug:

Whole and Newday, you're doing fab! :bigok:

Fixy, hope your appointment goes well:hug:

How you doing, Midnight? Hopefully, you're in double digits now.

Hello to Eyes and petals and anyone else I've missed.

Happy Wednesday, peeps xxx

ccam1973 08-20-2014 08:36 AM

Hi all...

Stay strong Altoids, we are here for you.

Good morning and hope all is well with everyone today!

MrFixit63 08-20-2014 11:27 AM

I guess I'm not crazy they did not chase me around with butterfly nets or lock me in a rubber room. I think the appointment with the therapist went quite well she kept smiling I guess she figured out as crazy as I am she might be able to buy a new house or go on that exotic vacation she's been dreaming of.
Fixy

PHS11 08-20-2014 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by kahlia01 (Post 4849962)
Altoids we have faith in you. It's all just conditioning and us being brainwashed to the fact alcohol helps. It doesn't and will make you more upset stay strong xxx

Excellent statement:c011:

Youngaddictionwarrior 08-20-2014 04:23 PM

Thanks guys. Feel like I've been hit by a freight train 2 hrs hardcore exercise + flu= ouch.
Buster has a vet appointment tomorrow at 10am xxx

MrFixit63 08-20-2014 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by ANewDayNYC (Post 4849432)
Made it to a month sober today. It hasn't been easy (and I had a few close calls), but just taking it one day at a time.

Congratulations on the month of sobriety it will get easier cheers to you..

MrFixit63 08-20-2014 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by kahlia01 (Post 4849463)

Im feeling that way too fixy! I just got a pen to analyse myself to figure out why im doomy and gloomy. I wrote what im feeling, why im feeling it & a solution.it really helped :scoregood I hope you all try it sometime! looking forward to hear what the doctor says, did u get a chance to get that book?

tell him I can smell his **** from Australia and to wait until you have brushed your teeth LOL so glad we don't have an ensuite! men tend to get insecure too but they show it as biting back. well all the men ive known do lol.
when Bernie and I had the huge fight and I hit my head aka the end of my miserable drinking days ( hitting my head actually knocked some sense into me not out of me :-)) he was being horrible saying how I used to make an effort to be sexy...well yeah its called love & if I have to wear make up to bed so I look "sexy" sorry but aint sticking around!... I turned around after it hurt me and said " you want to tell me I don't try anymore well you need to check yourself, loose the beer gut ur about to pop, have a shave and brush your teeth!" ever since I stuck up for myself he actually realised being mean got him nowhere and he thought about the hurtful things he said & hasn't said mean things since. I can tell he was hurt by what I said cause he is eating less and shaving more lol... that probably doesn't make sense I ramble so much x

Lumpy double digits wohoooooooo!!! I saw the light last night, realised after I weighed myself at the gym ive lost 8 kgs since march without bulimia and that's with eating what I want and feel like and 1 day a weeks excersize! this is an amazing breakthrough to anyone with bad eating habits as it proves if we binge, purge or simply put on some weight we can loose it!

ok now my update:-:react
been feeling down, just realised last night I forgot to take my anti depressants for 2 days.
The things im mostly down about are money and my dog.
Buster is going back to the vets Friday as I was a nervous wreck last night as his leg is 3x worse. I feel so helpless as i don't know what he is feeling or how to make him feel better, money is stressfull but no amount of money could put a price on my boy! ive figured im also sad cause mums down but im spending tomorrow with her so she can vent all she wants and feel better and ill feel better for helping her.
Stressing about $ where as when i look at it realistically everything will be ok & back to normal within the month.
nervous about finishing my book as i feel i need constant reinforcement that i don't need to drink to have fun. and when i wrote this in my diary i realised what im lacking right now is fun. im only filled with doom and gloom over things that will be fine and the fact that its confirmed IVE GOT THE FLU but what i actually need is to do something happy & fun and ill feel better.
I can also say that if i had of drank cause ive been feeling down everything would have catapulted so im glad to go through these emotions sober.

Hope everyones ok sorry for my rant luv u all

Thank you for this post it helps me realize I'm not in this alone and my doctor today told me the same thing is to sit down and write down how I'm feeling why I am feeling that way and what to do to make myself feel better. Hugs kahlia

Youngaddictionwarrior 08-20-2014 04:30 PM

:tyou

MrFixit63 08-20-2014 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Altoids (Post 4849926)
Good morning. We are up early here bc we are heading into the city to take our daughter to the airport. She is actually already IN the city with friends and my car. . . so we will meet here there and have a good-bye breakfast.

Empty nest is what sent me into an alcohol spin and every time we are with one or both the kids (actually we have 3 now that our son is married) and it is over, it puts me into a bad funk which have lead to relapses eventually. I have a plan for the next several days and a DRs appt tmr. BUT I may been needing my SR cheering section, too. Pray for me.

Altoids whenever you feel lonely come see us and I will give you one big ol hug. My sons have lived on their own about 13 years they moved away about 5 years ago about 3 hours from me and I know how you feel I'm always so happy to see them and sad to see them go. But next weekend I'm spending three days with them. Have fun in the city