SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of June 2014 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/336783-class-june-2014-part-3-a.html)

melki 06-30-2014 05:10 PM

Day 5 caught me by surprise with sudden bouts of anger and aggression. Found myself exhausted and irrationally angry throughout the day. Didn't handle it very gracefullly, I'm afraid. :( Normally that's one of the triggers, but alcohol is no longer an option. I must get a move on The Plan!

CristinaN 06-30-2014 05:22 PM

Good job Melki for not drinking. :). Way to stay strong.

melki 06-30-2014 05:33 PM

Doesn't help that husband's hiding vodka in the house again and reeks of it and is picking a fight.

CristinaN 06-30-2014 06:02 PM

That is tough. I'm so sorry. :(

melki 06-30-2014 06:04 PM

Thank you, Cristina.

CristinaN 06-30-2014 06:06 PM

Your welcome. :). My husband is a big drinker as well so I know how it is. You can do it!!!

melki 06-30-2014 06:22 PM

Yes, I remember reading your thread and relating to it. :) And reading about another similar experience here. We're definitely not alone in this. I knew it would be one of the toughest times for me if he started at it again. :headbange

grantw 06-30-2014 06:46 PM

Day 9 today and what a glorious day both outside and inside my head. I somehow managed to let slip a lifetime of resentment in the last couple of days and it feels so very good :-)

melki 06-30-2014 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by grantw (Post 4752073)
Day 9 today and what a glorious day both outside and inside my head. I somehow managed to let slip a lifetime of resentment in the last couple of days and it feels so very good :-)

Happy for you. That's a wonderful feeling! :) Over the last couple days I was washed over with gratitude of what is and letting go of resentment too and it felt fabulous. For the first time in church my only prayer was the one of gratitude instead of crying for help.

Congratulations on the glorious day and this glorious feeling. :celebrate

MeeFreee 06-30-2014 11:22 PM

Help June Bugs!!!!

I'm so tempted today - I don't know why!!!!

grantw 06-30-2014 11:30 PM

It will pass, just take it moment by moment or hour by hour. You'll be fine :-)

MeeFreee 06-30-2014 11:32 PM

Thanks grant :)

Dee74 06-30-2014 11:57 PM

Sorry I've been away guys - personal challenges - details in the main forum :)

We always move the month thread to Daily Support forum when a new month starts...
I'll back a little later to do that and to start the July thread.

D

EarlyHours 07-01-2014 12:19 AM

Welcome to July everyone :)

I want to thank everyone that has posted here for the last 30 days. Good and bad, struggling and thriving, you're all amazing people, and I hope everyone can continue to update on their progress. It was truly an honor to have been a small part of this group.

This will be day 29 for me, and I find that I'm forgetting what it felt like to be numb. I don't say that as a bad thing, I'm really happy with where I am now as opposed to 4 weeks ago. I just mean that it gets easier. The cravings lessen, the voice gets weaker, I don't need alcohol to hide from myself, what I need is to continue taking control of my life.

@MeeFreee - anything you can do to distract yourself, do it. For me, the temptations are never constant. They go away just as fast as they come, so if i put on some music, or read a few pages from a book, it would often be hours, or even a day or two later when I'd realize I hadn't thought abut drinking again.

MeeFreee 07-01-2014 12:25 AM

Thanks for the advice earlyhours - much appreciated. I was reading the game of thrones series but there's so many references to alcohol I think it's triggering me!! I just went for a walk ate some strawberries and had a huge glass of water. Feeling strong again :)

Dee74 07-01-2014 01:47 AM

Congratulations on your 'graduation' guys :c014:

http://xweb.info/wp-content/uploads/...ndergarten.jpg

D

CuteNGayYay 07-01-2014 02:00 AM

Hello everyone had my 2nd interview with one place today. It was a panel interview in front of 4 managers! I was SO nervous haha. I think I did well. *fingers crossed Hope everyone is well! :D Good night and everyone have a good day today!

Luper 07-01-2014 02:10 AM

Beginning of day 18 and back to work today after being off for 3 weeks.

Really glad I learned about HALT here....I will be facing all 4 today.

Wish I could take you guys with me....anxiety is off the wall.

Hope everyone else has a great and sober day!!!

Bruce1150rt 07-01-2014 03:21 AM

Hey Mee Freee, hang in there! Yesterday was cloudy, rainy, depressing. I really wanted a drink. I just kept busy through "happy hour" and once 7pm rolled around I was ok. I know it sounds overly simple, but staying busy really helps (me, anyway.) i.e. I pulled weeds in the garden, washed the car, went for a walk with my dog. Told myself I could go for an evening motorcycle ride if I behaved....and I did. (even when I was drinking I NEVER rode after having even one drink) Some days just seem harder; don't really know why. Good luck!

Kiya 07-01-2014 03:41 AM

Good Morning everyone. Today marks 1 month for me so I'm excited about reaching this point again. I'm really enjoying finding out who I really am that was drown under all the alcoholic thinking and hangovers. I am exhausted though I have not been sleeping well at all the past few nights; still grateful in spite of that fact.