SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Under Club Part 32 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/332294-one-year-under-club-part-32-a.html)

courage2 05-25-2014 08:37 AM

Have a great trip, DG! Zoom zoom!

Carlos, I hope you don't think I'm debating. I just like to poke at the bear and run. :lmao:

IWLSAST 05-25-2014 10:38 AM

Haha, WOMEN, can't live with them, can't live withou...etc

Yes, it was just some semantic fooling around...and, best part, I won! ;)

Originally Posted by gleefan (Post 4672150)
I would do my house tasks quickly and intensely so I could spend the rest of the weekend drinking, planning get togethers with other heavy drinkers, and hung over.

I resembled that remark! Thank goodness that those days and thoughts are not with me today!!

Yes, I'm getting better at riding Pink Lily (not Pink lady) and she and I are hitting our first party together later today! A pig roast, yuk! Sorry, Toots, just not my bag, baby. In fact, I am getting tired of this paleo stuff. I am sick and tired of eating meat. No final decision yet, but that all or nothing in me liked being a veggie. Felt right. :rotate:

Tanja, I am joining the chorus here. I think that you need a second opinion. Will you do that?

Dottie, I hope the new work assignments make things better. You so deserve the best in life!!

Hey Drake, nice to see you!

Else, cake hangover? :bday7

DG, drive carefully. Some serious contentment is in your near future. Sorry, I just could not help myself...(oh boy, i need a good smiley face thingy for this one, off shopping for one) :drive:

Oh well, back to my boring life. Enjoy the day, Undies. Hey, no drinkin or druggin, okay?

Carlos xx

Gilmer 05-25-2014 10:40 AM

Carlos, you're a fun guy!

BoozeFree 05-25-2014 11:02 AM

Toots great post in the 24 thread!

DG have a fun trip and enjoy driving the new car!

Dottie hope work gets better for you!

Carlos enjoy your bike ride.. Do you have a matching helmet?

Just hangin out today. Another crummy night of sleep so hoping to take a nice nap today. Took my dog to the park for a bit this morning and ran some errands. Regardless of people partying this holiday weekend I'm not feeling any cravings so far. Just enjoying having a day off work and being able to wake up hangover free!

Alysheba 05-25-2014 11:19 AM

Thank you Toots for the great post on 24! Really, really good.

DG, have a great time cruising in your new car. Sounds really fun.

Carlos, I hope your party is fun and there are lots of veggies to eat.

Gilmer, the new baby sounds so adorable and I have to admit I'm a little envious. It's been a long time since we've had any babies around in these parts.

Courage, You'll be a star when you speak. You always have an elegant way with your words that make so much sense.

GF, love your posts. You are very kind, as is BF (I love Law & Order SVU too) . It's uplifting to read the posts here, even if people are struggling. I'm glad people share so honestly and kindly.

Dee, Elsewhere (I hope India is minding her manners for you) and anyone else I may have invariably forgotten to mention, have a great rest of the weekend.

For me, I'm supposed to meet a new friend for coffee later. Lately, I really have to force myself to do these things. She's really nice and someone I'd like to cultivate a friendship with, so I have to force myself to show up. Suit up and show up, isn't that what life is supposed to be mostly about, at least according to someone's quote. I'm still feeling kind of low, blue, headaches. Maybe this will help me snap out of it.

Take care all! Sending good vibes and prayers. Love, Aly xxoo

gleefan 05-25-2014 11:47 AM

Aw, shucks, Aly. I'm blushing.... I was fatigued, down and blue early on too, but would scrape myself off of the couch for work and special folks. You may not feel better for going - I never did then, but I do now - and your friend sounds worth the trip.

Elseware 05-25-2014 11:50 AM

Happy Birthday Else, did you celebrate it with a ride? It got me curious. In the past, did you ride drunk? And was that dangerous?

DP, you name it, I did it while drunk or stoned and yes, it was very dangerous. I have been knocked unconscious, broken my ribs.....stupid beyond belief. I have absolutely no excuse for my terrible self destructive behavior. I am very lucky I'm not dead. Or anyone else. Horses feed off the energy of others and when one person is being really stupid it's dangerous for everyone. Now when I see people drinking or taking pills while on horseback it really makes me cringe. I refuse to go or stay as far away as possible.

Sometimes I have a hard time forgiving myself for my craziness.

Alysheba 05-25-2014 12:00 PM

Thanks Glee, you always manage to say the right thing. You're right, she is worth the effort and it may be a big effort for me to go whether I feel better or not. I don't want to hurt someone's feelings because I'm not feeling like making the effort, or that I may not manage to live up to expectations or what ever goes on in my goofed up mind sometimes.

Else, I never rode drunk, but I would take a muscle relaxer here and there. You wouldn't even believe the injuries, breaks and surgeries I've had to have from horses, but at least I didn't go around the barn drunk. Sometimes I did take pills, for pain, at least that's what I told myself. I think I was too scared to drink as my horse was already super high strung and enormous. Fear sometimes causes us to check our behavior, thankfully. I couldn't have handled her drunk.

courage2 05-25-2014 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by IWLSAST (Post 4672531)
Yes, it was just some semantic fooling around...and, best part, I won! ;)

Master move :notworthy

tootsl1 05-25-2014 04:38 PM

Quick one, we are super busy having fun so it may be a few days before I can post properly,
Thank you all for the kind words about my recovery story,

DG, totally a nutshell honey, exactly as I fell re being content and being happy.

Catch y'all later x

Gilmer 05-25-2014 05:00 PM

Toots, when you are down in New Orleans the first thing you should do is buy a bag of Zapp's Crawtators. According to my sources, they are the most delicious chips in the world.

dorothyparker 05-25-2014 06:30 PM

Ese, I'm sure that horse is grateful that you're whole and sober now. I bet she feels it.

Good for you.

I don't know why I did so much self-destruction either. Without alcohol, it's practically gone but the self-loathing hasn't really disappeared. what will it take for me to love myself? A whole life probably. :(

DP

Dee74 05-25-2014 06:33 PM

I dunno dot - I kinda made that a priority cos I knew a lack of self esteem and self hatred was my greatest vulnerability, recoverywise.

For me it took a bit of counselling, and a lot of service work. Time did the rest.

It's not everyone's solution but for me it was harder to think badly of myself if I was doing good for others.

D

dorothyparker 05-25-2014 06:48 PM

I sort of made it my priority too but with TONS of therapy and volunteer work and it sticks to me like a second skin.

I guess I must like it. arrrghhh!

I must admit I hate myself less though now. Self-compassion is a strong tool.

I think love is a great healer too. Perhaps I need a bit of love back in my life...

Dee74 05-25-2014 06:51 PM

It didn't happen overnight for me either...it was a gradual thing :)

IWLSAST 05-25-2014 07:17 PM

If I may, I feel I can speak for all Undies this one time.

Dotti, we all love you very much!!

xxoo

courage2 05-25-2014 07:40 PM

^^^^What he said. ((Dot))

Gilmer 05-25-2014 07:41 PM

Absolutely agree!

gleefan 05-25-2014 07:57 PM

Dottie - We are so much more than our mistakes and our challenges. I wish you could see yourself through the loving, compassionate lens that we all see you. :)

tootsl1 05-25-2014 09:34 PM

Not only do I ditto all the above Dottie, I love you as the wonderful friend you have always been for me ma Chérie xx

I don't have two hours to go back over everything I'm afraid so I will just say I hope that you are all doing ok now. I am really enjoying NOLA it is such a vibrant place, one more day here then Tues morn we drive back to Atlanta.