SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Pt 10 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/327689-class-july-2013-pt-10-a.html)

Croissant 04-25-2014 05:50 AM

Reef tank, Bob? Do you mean a fish tank / aquarium?

If so, what kinds of fish do you have?

resolute50 04-25-2014 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Croissant (Post 4613481)
Reef tank, Bob? Do you mean a fish tank / aquarium?

If so, what kinds of fish do you have?

Yup a 90 gallon saltwater reef tank.
Back in 2007 when I first quit drinking I figured I needed a hobby. I went 14 months before I stupidly relapsed.
I have clown fish,tangs,angel fish,anemones, coral from all 3 classes,softies,lps,sps. Even have a Duncan coral from Australia.(it's aquacultured so not live caught). All my corals are grown through aquaculture,so no exploitation of reefs.
I'll post a picture.

Croissant 04-25-2014 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by resolute50 (Post 4613505)
Yup a 90 gallon saltwater reef tank.
Back in 2007 when I first quit drinking I figured I needed a hobby. I went 14 months before I stupidly relapsed.
I have clown fish,tangs,angel fish,anemones, coral from all 3 classes,softies,lps,sps. Even have a Duncan coral from Australia.(it's aquacultured so not live caught). All my corals are grown through aquaculture,so no exploitation of reefs.
I'll post a picture.

Oh please do! I always, always wanted an aquarium and I was only just thinking about this the other day.

Leshar 04-25-2014 07:03 AM

Hello, guys, thanks for the input re the form. I have a desktop pc as well as an ipad.
I asked a friend for help, emailed the doc to her and she said she would fill it in for me with my specs and email it back. I had also, in the meantime, in the wee hours, emailed the organization to see if I could send them a hard copy.
I'm sure it will work out. It might be difficult for me to commit anyway, as it would involve a lot of travelling back and forth, plus maybe a hotel stay here and there. We will see!

Bob, please do post some pics!

resolute50 04-25-2014 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok,this is an end shot of my tank. :)
Sorry it's kind of small.
But,you kind of get the idea.
I don't have a front picture here on my computer.

resolute50 04-25-2014 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the Duncan coral from Australia.

Duncanopsammia Axifuga

Common Name: Duncan Coral, Whisker Coral, Daisy Coral,

Leshar 04-25-2014 10:13 AM

Wow, Bob, how beautiful! Thanks very much for sharing with us. So that beautiful coral is kinda grown? Wow, I can't get my head around that!

I got my form filled in with the help of my friend, and just emailed it. I need word on my pc, I have something called office.org which is useless!

I just had a visit with my addictions counsellor, I see her roughly once a month now. I do value the appointments. It feels good to get some feedback, and just vocalize my concerns, which currently are about how to get across, without going into a big rigamarole, to my new friends that I don't drink.
One of my acting class friends is coming to stay with me in a couple of weeks, we're going to see a local theatre production of "Oliver". I decided to use the saved therapy money on a once off cleaning service, so I don't get too overwhelmed thinking about her visit, and how the place looks. I think it is worth it. Whilst I'm feeling a lot better and have more motivation, the fatigue is getting to me, and I'm frustrated about that. So, better to get a service and relax a bit. Maybe then, I can keep on top of things!

SnoozyQ 04-25-2014 01:19 PM

Bob that's magnificent . I love Nemo in amongst it lol .:-)
I've never seen such a beautiful aquarium , honestly .i love it when you guys share pics , it lets u into each others worlds a little xxx

:JG I can't wait to see a pic of your scan in May Ladybug if you want to share it with us :-))))) xxx

Petecrab 04-25-2014 03:10 PM

Bob your tank is awesome. I tried marine but after a few months it didn't turn out too good so went back to tropical. Very jealous of your tank

Croissant 04-25-2014 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Petecrab (Post 4614464)
Bob your tank is awesome. I tried marine but after a few months it didn't turn out too good so went back to tropical. Very jealous of your tank

I'm jealous of both of you!

I struggled to take care of one Siamese fighting fish!

Your tank is beautiful, Bob. I had not seen Tangs before, that I recall....they are a beautiful fish. I can't believe how intense that blue and lime colour is. Are they an easy fish to take care of?

resolute50 04-25-2014 05:46 PM

Thanks Leshar, Snoozy ,Pete and Croissant.
I've been doing it for nearly 8 years now. It took quite a while to figure out how to keep the water parameters right.
I do much better at it now I'm sober. :)

resolute50 04-25-2014 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't want to hog the forum.
So,just one more. But, you mentioned the Tangs, Crois.
You can see my little cleaner shrimp peeking out. :)

Dory and bubbles. :)

Crois,they need to be quarantined for quite a while when you first get one. Very prone to the Ich parasite like in freshwater.

Croissant 04-25-2014 06:10 PM

They are beautiful! Thanks so much for posting, Bob.

Noooooo! You aren't clogging the forum! I agree with Snoozy, it's nice to see what other people are doing.

resolute50 04-25-2014 06:27 PM

Believe it or not Crois,some people in the hobby say the hobby is addictive.:lmao
But,it can never be as expensive and detrimental to health as alcohol can.
Over the years I started to automate stuff to make it easier.
Automatically tops off with fresh water. Lights on a timer.

There's been lots of advances in the hobby to make it easier as well.
Read up on it,maybe you could do a small "Nano tank".
That's what they call small self contained systems.

Leshar 04-25-2014 06:44 PM

Bob, your fish are gloriously colourful. And to me, it looks like they're smiling!

Dee74 04-25-2014 07:21 PM

Greta fish Bob - but time for us to move to a new tank :lmao

join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...3-pt-11-a.html

D