SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of March 2014 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/325941-class-march-2014-part-3-a.html)

Aarryckha 03-16-2014 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by toddle118 (Post 4530953)
Morning Marchers!

Hope youre all doing well and enjoying every sober day that passes (even though its hard), we are doing it together! Day 9, wow, thats the most Ive been without a drink for a year :)

Thanks to all my SR friends for continuing to keep me strong with your wise words and enthusiasm. Heres to another day x Keep strong

:dance3:

Great work, Toodle!

What do you have planned for the day?

Dee74 03-16-2014 03:48 AM

Sorry you're sleepless Aarry.
Congrats on day 9 Soshie & Toodle :)

D

toddle118 03-16-2014 03:50 AM

Have a good day Shoshie, yes I think I'll go for a walk too, looks nice and sunny, the boat people are already out on top of their boats, wow camden fills up so quickly!!! Youre doing great, as we all are, big pat on the back to everyone!

:c011:

Shoshie8 03-16-2014 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Aarryckha (Post 4530959)
Having some sleeping issues again tonight. Kinda sucks.

Ughh..it passes. But yes, it really sucks. x

Shoshie8 03-16-2014 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4530971)
Sorry you're sleepless Aarry. Congrats on day 9 Soshie & Toodle :) D

Thank-you for the congrats, Dee. And for your tireless, wise moderation. I'm grateful for both x

toddle118 03-16-2014 03:57 AM

Thanks Dee, I look up to you for inspiration, and you never fail :)

Dee74 03-16-2014 03:58 AM

Thanks guys - have a good day :)

D

Holli 03-16-2014 04:11 AM

Good morning! And I mean that literally because no hangover or self recriminations about what I may have done or said last night. Day 7 here, $105 saved, 4,200 calories not consumed. At least. Wow.

toddle118 03-16-2014 04:27 AM

Great Holli! Have a good day x

Ilya 03-16-2014 07:05 AM

Hi Holli, day 7 here too. I have that counting app "I'm done drinking," and I like seeing the numbers rack up! Is that what you have? Congrats on those numbers!

Trigeek 03-16-2014 07:17 AM

Good morning on day 6!
First Sunday in a long time that I'm not hungover, feels great!
I'm sleeping a little bit better too, though not quite "good" yet. I think I may have gotten 4 uninterrupted hours last night. Still not good, but better. I'll take it for now.

Have a great and sober day!

gracette 03-16-2014 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ilya (Post 4530664)
I'm right with you, gracette. Wrapping up day 6. Feeling weird, but good too. Looking forward to waking up on a Sunday with no hangover. That will be unreal! Or maybe I should say, "nureal"

Haha nureal, I love that. It does kind of feel like I'm entering some strange new dimension of living. Congrats to you on day 6!

I'm going to a show with my bf tonight at a place that serves alcohol, notably wine, and am starting to get a little anxious about it. I did love my wine. I'm so so glad that I admitted to him that I thought I had a problem, he's been way more supportive of me not drinking ever since I did. He's suggested I just stop drinking in the past but I think he was afraid of pushing it too hard, probably because I would get really annoyed at the suggestion haha. Knowing he'll be there to back up my resolve if any bad ideas pop into my head is comforting.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

Noolan 03-16-2014 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Aarryckha (Post 4530853)
My anxiety just kicked in and I don't know why. All this talk on the forums about relationships got me thinking about my ex so I just sent him a simple hello on Facebook and it turns out he blocked me from sending him any messages.

I have no idea why this set off my anxiety. It shouldn't make me anxious. It makes me feel more sad and regretful.

What a wild ride sobriety has been.

My last drink was fueled by the dating app tinder. I know I'm not in a place right now where I'm ready for a relationship, but that doesn't mean I don't feel lonely. So I thought I'd use Tinder for light flirting and boost my confidence. The first day or so it did exactly that. After a few days, I noticed that every girl I was chatting with had drinking of some form in their interests. This triggered serious anxiety and the fear that I'd never find anyone because I'm trying to be sober. All the rational thoughts and discoveries that have come via therapy went out the window. I had a beer with lunch to "prove" to myself I could. That led to more drinks and old, dumb behaviors... So I definitely share random feelings triggered by social media.

Noolan 03-16-2014 07:49 AM

Happy Sunday, Marchers! Spent the day/evening with my Dad. Good meal, conversation, and a no pressure sober environment. Quite the contrast to the sober bar night on Friday. I'm choosing to go into work today for some OT and will spend the evening doing laundry, oh and the Walking Dead! Stay strong, kidz.

Shoshie8 03-16-2014 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Noolan (Post 4531279)
Happy Sunday, Marchers! Spent the day/evening with my Dad. Good meal, conversation, and a no pressure sober environment. Quite the contrast to the sober bar night on Friday. I'm choosing to go into work today for some OT and will spend the evening doing laundry, oh and the Walking Dead! Stay strong, kidz.

Morning Noolan, looks like you've got things covered! Have a great day x

Ilya 03-16-2014 08:09 AM

Sounds like a good weekend Noolan!

Facebook is a tough one for me... It seems to have introduced all sorts of new ways to overanalyze and find out people's feelings. I don't like it! I still have a profile but I haven't checked it in days because I get wound up. Ick.

calichris 03-16-2014 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Aarryckha (Post 4530666)
Great work on getting through the party!:c011:

Do you think the craving was caused by being around mass amounts of poison? (Sorry, I need to keep reinforcing it's a bad thing.) I'm glad you opted for a second piece of cake instead.

Thanks Aarry!, the cravings are definitely due to mass amounts of poison, but ironically sometimes that lowers my cravings so you never know. I am sure the fact that it is my very own mother pouring alcohol down everyone's throats messes with my subconscious mind (hard to go against the person who brought you up).

calichris 03-16-2014 08:13 AM

Checking in on a beautiful hang-over-free Sunday morning. Getting ready for church with the family. Love you all !!!! :c009:

calichris 03-16-2014 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Trigeek (Post 4531226)
Good morning on day 6!
First Sunday in a long time that I'm not hungover, feels great!
I'm sleeping a little bit better too, though not quite "good" yet. I think I may have gotten 4 uninterrupted hours last night. Still not good, but better. I'll take it for now.

Have a great and sober day!

Awesome TriGeek day 6 for me too yayyyyy!! Keep up the GREAT Work !!! :You_Rock_

Noolan 03-16-2014 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ilya (Post 4531308)
Sounds like a good weekend Noolan!

Facebook is a tough one for me... It seems to have introduced all sorts of new ways to overanalyze and find out people's feelings. I don't like it! I still have a profile but I haven't checked it in days because I get wound up. Ick.

I certainly get that. Since the start of the year I've had moments of breaks/sobriety and following the binges, I deactivated mine for weeks at a time. I've bounced back much faster this week, so hopefully I can handle it. ;)