SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of March 2014 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/325941-class-march-2014-part-3-a.html)

Ilya 03-15-2014 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by gracette (Post 4530654)
I'm still here and reading, so many great and insightful posts. Day 6 sober wrapped up... it was sort of a mixed bag, but going to bed sober and waking up sober two weekend days in a row definitely feels great :)

I'm right with you, gracette. Wrapping up day 6. Feeling weird, but good too. Looking forward to waking up on a Sunday with no hangover. That will be unreal! Or maybe I should say, "nureal"

Aarryckha 03-15-2014 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 4530647)
Just catching up on the posts after a night out at my parents' house celebrating a bunch of March birthdays in my family. The alcohol was flowing (in all directions but mine). I let myself have an extra piece of cake (definitely less calories than I would have drank in the past!). Funny how last night my urges were very minimal and tonight they spiked. So glad to be able to share with you all it helps diffuse the cravings!! Looking forward to starting off day 6 strong tomorrow (with a strong cup of tea :) ). Good night Marchers you all rock!!! :VGRearth:

Great work on getting through the party!:c011:

Do you think the craving was caused by being around mass amounts of poison? (Sorry, I need to keep reinforcing it's a bad thing.) I'm glad you opted for a second piece of cake instead.

Aarryckha 03-15-2014 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by gracette (Post 4530654)
I'm still here and reading, so many great and insightful posts. Day 6 sober wrapped up... it was sort of a mixed bag, but going to bed sober and waking up sober two weekend days in a row definitely feels great :)

Glad you're still with us! Congrats on Day 6!

I love waking up sober. Makes me wonder why I took so long to get the poison out of my life.

Natalie17 03-15-2014 09:39 PM

Good on you, DLB and Gracette! (And everybody else too!)

FacingFuture 03-15-2014 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ilya (Post 4530664)
I'm right with you, gracette. Wrapping up day 6. Feeling weird, but good too. Looking forward to waking up on a Sunday with no hangover. That will be unreal! Or maybe I should say, "nureal"

Ilya,

Congrats on day 6! Isn't waking up feeling good the best?!!
Way to go!

Aarryckha 03-16-2014 01:25 AM

My anxiety just kicked in and I don't know why. All this talk on the forums about relationships got me thinking about my ex so I just sent him a simple hello on Facebook and it turns out he blocked me from sending him any messages.

I have no idea why this set off my anxiety. It shouldn't make me anxious. It makes me feel more sad and regretful.

What a wild ride sobriety has been.

Dee74 03-16-2014 01:37 AM

It's never nice to be blocked, Aarry, but maybe in a way this is another one of those signs telling you to move on? :dunno:

D

Aarryckha 03-16-2014 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4530860)
It's never nice to be blocked, Aarry, but maybe in a way this is another one of those signs telling you to move on? :dunno:

D

Oh, absolutely and I don't blame him. Just saw something on TV that really reminded me of him. Something really small and was an inside joke.

Just not sure why it would cause anxiety.

gorc 03-16-2014 02:56 AM

hi all joining, day 1 and will get to march. then I am going to join april group and as many as I need to tocontrol this. SR I have found to be most helpful support I have had to date

best luck all

Aarryckha 03-16-2014 02:59 AM

Welcome, gorc!

There's lots of great folks here. You're gonna love it!

There are two other March 2014 threads if you wanted to check them out.

Dee74 03-16-2014 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by gorc (Post 4530919)
hi all joining, day 1 and will get to march. then I am going to join april group and as many as I need to tocontrol this. SR I have found to be most helpful support I have had to date

best luck all

Hi and welcome Gorc - the class threads run on the date you got sober, so I hope you'll never have to join another class :)

D

Shoshie8 03-16-2014 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Aarryckha (Post 4530853)
My anxiety just kicked in and I don't know why. All this talk on the forums about relationships got me thinking about my ex so I just sent him a simple hello on Facebook and it turns out he blocked me from sending him any messages. I have no idea why this set off my anxiety. It shouldn't make me anxious. It makes me feel more sad and regretful. What a wild ride sobriety has been.

Hey Aarry,

Catching up on the wee small hours posts - sorry that your ex triggered an anxiety jag, I've backed right off FB in the last few weeks as I put my sobriety and immediate loved ones first. I'm less and less enamoured with FB tbh as I think it facilitates a lot of false projection and reduces how nuanced relationships are and should be to binaries - friend/unfriend, block/unblock. I don't know how ex your ex is, but maybe now's not the right time? I'm not a 12 stepper either, but maybe take it to your next meeting for some experience and insights.

On the anxiety front, ANYTHING is setting me off right now and it's not something I struggle with normally. Real knots in the stomach nerves out of the blue for no reason. Trying to rationalise them away as PAWS symptoms and remember that FEAR = False Emotions Appearing Real.

Got that from a psychologist friend of mine, she posted it on her FB wall! ;)

EternalQ 03-16-2014 03:30 AM

Wanted to pop in and say congratulations for being in this class! What a great and wise step you have taken!

My sobriety has completely changed me and changed every aspect of my life. And if you stick with it ~~even through all the moments you can't even remember why you quit to begin with~~ it will transform you as well.

I was convinced I was beyond help before I found SR. Now I know none of us are.

Post on SR non stop 24/7 in the beginning. You were dependent on alcohol to cope with everything, and so it is only natural for you to depend on SR a lot in the beginning months too.

And no matter WHAT your addiction whispers in your ear to you today, know that it is 100% baloney!

You CAN do this!

Shoshie8 03-16-2014 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 4530568)
Day 11 ends with me being extremely grateful to have found SR and this group. I'm grateful beyond words for the men and women of AA for giving me a reason to go to bed sober tonight and to wake up sober tomorrow. This is a gift I never thought I'd receive, and I'm keeping it and sharing it with all of you wonderful people. Thank you.

Thank-you too, biminiblue. Day 9 here and I do like reading your posts when I wake up. So much to be grateful for .

Cute kitty-cat! :)

Aarryckha 03-16-2014 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Shoshie8 (Post 4530938)
Hey Aarry,

Catching up on the wee small hours posts - sorry that your ex triggered an anxiety jag, I've backed right off FB in the last few weeks as I put my sobriety and immediate loved ones first. I'm less and less enamoured with FB tbh as I think it facilitates a lot of false projection and reduces how nuanced relationships are and should be to binaries - friend/unfriend, block/unblock. I don't know how ex your ex is, but maybe now's not the right time? I'm not a 12 stepper either, but maybe take it to your next meeting for some experience and insights.

On the anxiety front, ANYTHING is setting me off right now and it's not something I struggle with normally. Real knots in the stomach nerves out of the blue for no reason. Trying to rationalise them away as PAWS symptoms and remember that FEAR = False Emotions Appearing Real.

Got that from a psychologist friend of mine, she posted it on her FB wall! ;)

I'm with you. I stopped going on Facebook a few months ago.

I'm used to the anxiety. I've had really bad panic attacks for the past two years. Usually I knew what it set it off though. I'm all about accepting that this is something that happens as my body repairs itself.

Thanks, Shoshie!

Shoshie8 03-16-2014 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by gorc (Post 4530919)
hi all joining, day 1 and will get to march. then I am going to join april group and as many as I need to tocontrol this. SR I have found to be most helpful support I have had to date best luck all

Hi gorc, welcome! Glad you're here. x

Shoshie8 03-16-2014 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Aarryckha (Post 4530944)
I'm with you. I stopped going on Facebook a few months ago. I'm used to the anxiety. I've had really bad panic attacks for the past two years. Usually I knew what it set it off though. I'm all about accepting that this is something that happens as my body repairs itself. Thanks, Shoshie!

Hi Aarry, it's all about healing and repair right now. Are you sleeping okay or are you just up superearly? x

toddle118 03-16-2014 03:38 AM

Morning Marchers!

Hope youre all doing well and enjoying every sober day that passes (even though its hard), we are doing it together! Day 9, wow, thats the most Ive been without a drink for a year :)

Thanks to all my SR friends for continuing to keep me strong with your wise words and enthusiasm. Heres to another day x Keep strong

:dance3:

Aarryckha 03-16-2014 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Shoshie8 (Post 4530952)
Hi Aarry, it's all about healing and repair right now. Are you sleeping okay or are you just up superearly? x

Having some sleeping issues again tonight.

Kinda sucks.

Shoshie8 03-16-2014 03:45 AM

Morning Toddle,

Hanging in with you on day 9 - going to get out and about, it's such a beautiful day!

I've gone for longer before, but never with purpose or intent on permanent sobriety. Nothing like 'dry January' to convince yourself you don't have as problem, eh?

Don't think I could do this without SR right now, running a lot of gratitude for finding my way here.