SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September 2013 - Part 14 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/312352-class-september-2013-part-14-a.html)

Tallia 11-02-2013 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Uninvited (Post 4271475)
So this is my first full day of the Atkins diet. A diet that is basically all I can eat of eggs, steak, tuna, and bacon! What could possibly go wrong?

I have been thinking of starting that on Monday i just want to lose half a stone or so I just don't know if i can cope with all that protein I do love Bacon though

Tallia 11-02-2013 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by FishnHippy (Post 4271529)
I didn't mean to make any one feel bad ....

fish hope you ok you never made anyone feel bad :(

1stepup 11-02-2013 11:07 AM

Thanks Tallia, weathers not great up north either! I'll be on the thread tonight as well, Saturday night- not an easy one for us lot eh? pm me anytime and il get back to you. x

Tallia 11-02-2013 11:18 AM

We lost electric during the last storm all good now i have charged up phone just in case its seems a lot better now just a bit windy. wow how do trees cope with it honestly impressive they wont be having many leaves left tomorrow

1stepup 11-02-2013 11:28 AM

Fireworks just started up here too, my birthdays on bonfire night looks like they've started early.

Br00ksie 11-02-2013 11:42 AM

Hi everyone,
Absolutely gorgeous day in NYC! Clear and high 60's. I don't even need my sweatshirt! Another hectic day of running around, the show is tonight! But I am taking 10 min for myself. :)

Br00ksie 11-02-2013 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Uninvited (Post 4271475)
So this is my first full day of the Atkins diet. A diet that is basically all I can eat of eggs, steak, tuna, and bacon! What could possibly go wrong?

The Atkins diet is helpful, do you have the book? Remember carbs are still necessary, and good for you as long as they are the right carbs! Wheat flour, brown rice, etc.

The problem with diets that are too restrictive is that we often overcompensate/"reward" ourselves once they are over, which can defeat the purpose of the diet and undo all of the work we put in!

workoholic 11-02-2013 11:57 AM

Checking in from my hotel, an all inclusive resort. Arrived a few hours ago and had dinner at the buffé restaurant. Had some cold and hot food and drank water. Waiter offered soda, juice, lemonade and also beer, wine, gin, vodka... :cries3:
So I settled for a glass of lemonade and a whole plate of various desserts to make up for the "missed calories".
Back in my room, brought camomille tea with me :)
Here's to standing my ground. One day at a time where water turns to wine at with the wave of a hand..

Will keep posting, internet is slow but free here :ring

Tallia 11-02-2013 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by 1stepup (Post 4271792)
Fireworks just started up here too, my birthdays on bonfire night looks like they've started early.

So far it's a bit wet to leave the fireworks off here lol happy birthday for Tuesday I always enjoy bonfire night more than Halloween it's the tucking apples and bonfires xx

LillianGish 11-02-2013 12:05 PM

<<<waving to Workaholic>>>

Turkey, right? JEALOUS!!!!

Wave the magic wand and find time to see the sights. I've always wanted to see that area of the world.

1stepup 11-02-2013 12:25 PM

Thanks Tallia, il be 33, where did the years go? Hopefully long sober years ahead!

Renarde 11-02-2013 12:58 PM

Lommey, are you around? I know you were nervous about how Halloween was going to go.

I'm going to take a nap. I feel awful! Ugh

LillianGish 11-02-2013 01:51 PM

Happy Birthday 1Step!!

:day

Hooped 11-02-2013 01:53 PM

After 41 days sober I 'slipped' up pretty good and I've been drinking pretty hard for 12 days straight.
Yesterday I got some semblance of sanity back and decided I better smarten up.
But just to ease up on the withdrawals I figured I would have a couple of drinks.
I ended up drinking 24 beers all day yesterday.
So sick of this cycle, it's so tiring and soul sucking.
Not drinking today, I'm sober, but kind of puzzled and confused.
I need out of this cycle.
Don't think I'll post here anymore till I get my act together again.

LillianGish 11-02-2013 01:58 PM

Hoop,
You can "get your act together" today, right now. There's no waiting line.

I've missed the sober Hoop. He's so deep and intelligent.

Hope you don't go. We care about you very much and would love to help you in any way we can.

I know you're in the boonies, but have you thought about inpatient rehab? I've heard it's a Godsend...

phoebe64 11-02-2013 02:01 PM

Renarde, I hope you feel better. Sorry you are sick!

Lommey has been on today. She replied to me this morning.

Happy Birthday 1step!

Work, that sounds like a nice vacation, and I hope you have a great time.

Brooksie, I will be watching. :D

Hi Lillian! You have been quiet today. Everything okay?

Hooped, glad you see you back today. I hope today is the day for you.

Hi Tallia, my new friend! Thanks for the request. :)

Hi to anyone else I have not mentioned and hope all is going well. Got to make dinner. No idea what I have around for the kids tonight, but loads of leftover cheese and crackers, salami, hummus, veggies, tampenade, soup, bread(for dh) from last night. Kids don't eat my kale soup, lol. Maybe I can whip up a chicken noodle for them, use some of the veggies for that.

Uninvited 11-02-2013 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tallia (Post 4271752)
I have been thinking of starting that on Monday i just want to lose half a stone or so I just don't know if i can cope with all that protein I do love Bacon though

Well, I just made it 24 hours without sugar/carbos and then I went ballistic and ate a ton of leftover Halloween candy.

LillianGish 11-02-2013 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by rochele (Post 4271954)
Hi Lillian! You have been quiet today. Everything okay?

I'm good, just at a loss for words sometimes. No worries though. Still sober, well at last since my birthday last weekend.

I don't feel in danger of drinking....just kind of bored of sobriety if that makes sense. It's like having oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner and knowing that's what on the menu tomorrow too.

Yeah, I can do it....but, I feel a little Oliver Twist. The little voice in my head always asks me "how long you in for, Bub?" I know who that voice is. The Devil herself I think.

I picture that both God and the Guy from Hades both like to whisper when they speak to me. Isn't that funny? All that hoopla of God booming from the clouds.....that seems like overkill. Hmmm. Anyway, I'm trying to listen to the little voice that tells me to get outside and have fun. The earth is a big playground, yes?

Rochele I read about your party. Glad you had fun. I was wondering if you are going to try and moderate in the future? Thank you for sharing your story...I can totally picture myself doing the same thing, but I don't really want to.

1stepup 11-02-2013 02:16 PM

Thanks, my birthdays on Tuesday Nov 5th which is bonfire night but around here, people are letting fireworks off and bonfire etc early as its the weekend. Good to see you back Hooped, wish you all the best- you can do this.

Uninvited 11-02-2013 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by LillianGish (Post 4271972)

I don't feel in danger of drinking....just kind of bored of sobriety if that makes sense. It's like having oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner and knowing that's what on the menu tomorrow too.

Yeah, I can do it....but, I feel a little Oliver Twist. The little voice in my head always asks me "how long you in for, Bub?" I know who that voice is. The Devil herself I think.

I so identify with this. Since I have failed at my carb free diet I'm wondering what flavor of oatmeal I want to have for dinner tonight. The plain oatmeal or the reduced calorie oatmeal.