# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of September 2013 - Part 14

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-13-a-22.html

D
Old 11-01-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone, gotta an early flight tomorrow morning.
I'll try to check in from the hotel once a day but won't have time to follow the thread.
Last course was tough and I needed to study in the evenings after lectures.

Take care!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

workaholics what is a malTser
Old 11-01-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Found you all hope you all doing well this Friday night xx

Spoke to my friend from Manchester tonight on the phone for the first time we met online playing a game of all things she wants to visit for a few days it sounds good to me xx
Old 11-01-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How's everyone tonight?

I skipped the dinner part of dinner and went straight for the ice cream already. I'll have some food later just had to scratch that sweet tooth itch!

I'm happily sober. I think I got it out of my system with my slips. And this is day 9 of no cigarettes. I envision a nice life ahead of me if I keep this up. Every time I try to think of my future with alcohol, I see mayhem, poverty, not being able to hold a job and really poor health, etc. I truly can't romanticize the booze, there isn't one good thing about it for me.

After being sober for most of 60 days, I still get really really tired during the day. Maybe I'll perk up once I start working again on Monday. New job should get me on a normal sleep schedule again. Here's hoping.

Random thoughts, Septembers... I hope everyone's doing very well!
Old 11-01-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Decided to try going low carb, and I'm assuming there are carbs in ice cream? It's ok though cause I just ate an entire package of bacon.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree that a package of bacon is a single serving!
Old 11-01-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Bacon poached eggs and low carb sausage umm now I am hungry
Old 11-01-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
I agree that a package of bacon is a single serving!
Lol!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Morning all, just checking in. I've discovered that writing messages whilst half asleep is almost as bad as drunk texting

UI, sorry about the slip. May I ask if you drank a lot or just 1-2 beers ? Were you pretty much sober when you stopped ? Did you get any satisfaction out of it ? Just comparing notes to my last few drinks before I stopped this time (fingers crossed).

Melina, your posts of late has me stoked !!

It is a glorious day here, warm, sunny and deep blue skies. I am going to enjoy it.

Have a lovely day/evening/night all ! Thanks as ever

Old 11-01-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Morning Kane just passed midnight here not glorious or sunny lol think rain has stopped yay result :-)

Put chicken casserole in slow cooker earlier and it's keeping me awake smells devine must remember to eat another failing of mine. Anyways have a great sunny day catch up with you later going to put some star trek ng on and hopefully fall asleep x
Old 11-01-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning, Mr. K!

The weather there sounds amazing, enjoy!

There was so much that came up at the end of the previous September thread about being in a relationship yet feeling lonely. I just wanted to say I read all that and I'm sorry that it's tough times sometimes.

And UI, how are you feeling about your slip? Can you put it behind you and keep swimming?
Old 11-01-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
Decided to try going low carb, and I'm assuming there are carbs in ice cream? It's ok though cause I just ate an entire package of bacon.
There are lots of carbs in regular ice cream but they make low carb ice cream. I buy Breyers....vanilla and then I add strawberries or raspberries....with a dash of Splenda. Breyers also makes chocolate covered vanilla bars with nuts. Yum.

It isn't quite the same but it's better than not getting to eat ice cream at all.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post

UI, sorry about the slip. May I ask if you drank a lot or just 1-2 beers ? Were you pretty much sober when you stopped ? Did you get any satisfaction out of it ? Just comparing notes to my last few drinks before I stopped this time (fingers crossed).
I had 8 beers in 4 hours which, even with my reduced tolerance now, is still pretty much nothing. I had a buzz, but not much of one. It made the night go faster. It wasn't extremely fun or anything though. Plus I got this whole website lurking in my brain the whole time I'm doing it which really makes it even worse. And I especially hated waking up this morning knowing it wasn't just a drinking dream.

But no hangover or nothing. And since I have hardly drank at all in the last two months the cravings aren't too bad tonight.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
I had 8 beers in 4 hours which, even with my reduced tolerance now, is still pretty much nothing. I had a buzz, but not much of one. It made the night go faster. It wasn't extremely fun or anything though. Plus I got this whole website lurking in my brain the whole time I'm doing it which really makes it even worse. And I especially hated waking up this morning knowing it wasn't just a drinking dream.

But no hangover or nothing. And since I have hardly drank at all in the last two months the cravings aren't too bad tonight.
I'm glad you're here swimming, UI!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

UI

Hmmm, you're not getting smashed and you're not really enjoying the drink. So, have you looked back at your last few slips and figured out what you were thinking or feeling before you decided to drink ? We're you on autopilot ? I suggest you coldly observe the reasons. To me, I think you're just doing it out of habit. What I've been trained to do is being consciously present and the making the decision whether to drink or not. Sometimes I did and sometimes I didn't, but at least I made a choice. Towards the end, I was choosing not to drink more often until I was comfortable to commit to ending the addiction. What gave me confidence was comparing how much I drank now to say 12 months ago, 6 months ago and then 3 months ago. Each comparison showed that the frequency and volume was significantly declining. Then I knew I was on the right track. It was still tough to stay stopped but focusing on the present enabled me to do it.

In my view, you're on that track. So, the slip this time in the grand scheme of things is a blip and you will get better the next time. Just don't give up ! I have a lot of confidence that you will reflect back on this after a few years and smile at its insignificance.

Hope this makes sense dude !
Old 11-01-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by Tallia View Post
Bacon poached eggs and low carb sausage umm now I am hungry
FOOD! Still working, everyone ordered food and I wasn't hungry at the time so I didn't order anything, but now I regret it!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

No it's not autopilot. There is a conscious struggle that goes on for hours before hand. Much hand wringing and teeth gnashing. The real issue is there has been very little payoff so far. Nobody is offering me any raises or telling me I look great (grats fish), and I've actually gained at least 10 pounds. What the hell? Who actually gets a bigger belly when they quit drinking beer?!?! It's ridiculous.

I feel sort of mildly better about myself knowing I'm not drinking but mostly I've just gained boredom. And my house is a little cleaner. There is progress though. My slips in the past lasted for months not one day.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whats your plan now UI?
do you plan to change anything up?

D
Old 11-01-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

UI

You might need to seriously consider AA or other program. I know you're not keen on AA but some sort of support system is better than white knuckling it ! How about the SR chat rooms ? I know someone in there who has abstained for more than one year ! Just saying you need to do something different if you want to change !