SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2013 Part 18 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/308494-class-march-2013-part-18-a.html)

lifetplant 09-25-2013 01:58 PM

Hi Marchers. I'm still here :)

As our dear friend Natty put, I was being a little melodramatic, a princess, queen and anything in-between!

Ive received lots of lovely PM's but, just to put everyone in the picture;

my very good friend died yesterday (officially he's still alive for organ donation). He was riding is motorbike en route to work. He was clipped and thrown. My line of work is motorcycle accident research. I attended the cubicle quite mater of fact, I then learned it was my friend. Other repercussions happened after........I went to the bottle shop!

I appreciate people saying that this isn't a competition..........I appreciated that when I competed in the egg and spoon race as a kid.......I still wanted to win!

Thank you Marchers for helping me carry on for carrying on :) x

BuddinK 09-25-2013 02:19 PM

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Glad to see you back with us, where you belong!

joygirl 09-25-2013 02:24 PM

Hiya, LP! Devastating news, to be sure. You've had your fair share now, I think. Chin up and let's get on with it! love and hugs! :ring

lifetplant 09-25-2013 02:40 PM

Hi Shoes. What a beautiful post, you really were a special daughter. Mum is buried beside Dad.......and another three brothers......Irish, like to keep it in the family!! :)

May sound a little weird but Mum always wore the same neck scarf from when I posted her birthday pressie from India. She was wearing it the day she was knocked over. As a child I spent every July 4th (my birthday) on a ferry from Scotland-Ireland. I boarded a ferry this year on the 4th of July, I released the scarf and remembered only good times. I like to think of that scarf still floating, it was bright lime green. :)

Marcher13 09-25-2013 04:25 PM

Good morning Marchers!

Life it's good to have you here. I love the sound of that scarf and wondering whether it's still floating on the Atlantic or if it's washed ashore somewhere. Kind of like your Mum and Shoes' Mom, we don't know exactly where they are but we know they are out there somewhere in some form -- no matter what our beliefs are.

Shoes I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing what that little receptacle will be.

1Day I hope you are doing OK.

Joy I was howling with laughter at

Originally Posted by joygirl (Post 4201159)
Oh! Jeez, sorry for the attack of the giant shoes there.

then Twin Ken followed up with the bowling shoes, well that was the end of my carefully applied mascara!

Digdug I blame you entirely: I did not hurt my knee but my right knee was aching all day yesterday -- must have been the power of auto suggestion when you and Toots were talking about hips and knees.

Sass you are a sweetheart.

Have a good and sober Wethursday peeps.

Dee74 09-25-2013 04:43 PM

Sorry Dee that should have read 'the last thread' but since I updated to ios7 (yeuch by the way) the auto correct seems to have stranger ideas than usual about what it thinks I was away to type. Leading to greater amounts of gibberish than normal!
I always get shotgun cos I start the threads Toots ;)

D

360shoes 09-25-2013 05:28 PM

I'm so sorry Life. I can't even imagine how hard that must have been.

Glad you didn't disappear. Don't scare me like that again :yikes:
Bud's right. This is where you belong.

360shoes 09-25-2013 05:31 PM

I need to get out more. Those bowling shoes are not bad at all Ken. They have improved a lot since 1987.

Saskia 09-25-2013 06:22 PM

Dee, definitely not according to Hoyle for you to ride shotgun at all unless someone else starts the new threads, lol!

LT, I'm glad you are back with us. I remember how miserable I felt every time I slipped. It helped me a lot to post on two monthly threads - my original May 2012 clan and then this lovely March thread. I still slipped a number of times but somehow it helped to do both, I suspect partly because the viewpoints were coming from people with different lengths of sobriety, partly the nature of the groups and the wonderful people who make up each one. And I no longer felt like the biggest loser on the planet! Dee gets many thanks from me for encouraging me to do this. You will need to find whatever solutions work for you. It doesn't always happen instantly for all of us! The lessons I hope I've learned are persistence, being open to other ideas, setting good priorities, getting good support however that works for me, and most of all learning to believe in myself.

Shoes, I must admit I'm glad you didn't make hot dog pie! That would be on a par with spam pie .... Or worse ;). It was lovely of you to remember, especially with what you are going through right now. (((hugs))). I think you will find the right receptacle when you are ready. Or there are other options. My parents wanted their ashes scattered in the woods on their property at a specific spot that had meaning for them. Another family member loved sailing and wanted their ashes scattered at sea. Me, i would like to have my ashes scattered in a garden to help lovely flowers grow.

Joy, "attack of the giant shoes" is one of your better ones!

Toots, yes, ashes in the bedroom would be weird to me!

Ken, love the bowling shoes :-)

I'm afraid my posts have gotten longer when I have more time available and want to avoid getting things done that I must -- like going to bed and getting enough sleep to have energy for work tomorrow.

Good night, dear Marchers!

joygirl 09-25-2013 08:02 PM

I did not even need to hear of hot dog pie. Or spam pie. So wrong.

Good night, Sassiness!

digdug 09-25-2013 08:10 PM

Hey Marchers!!

LP - so sorry for your loss. When events like that happen, it can sometimes be so surreal. Like in a movie of a movie. It takes time to process but I'm glad you didn't check out before I got the chance to meet you.

Marcher - please do not ruin my secret plan to steal all of your knees in order to construct the most powerful hip ever created. :)

Shoes - I don't think it's weird about the ashes. My mom had the unfortunate task of deciding whether to bury or cremate me. She chose cremation. I told her good choice. With surgery coming up, I really need to get will and living will in order. The messed up part? I used to be an estate planning lawyer. Talk about hypocritical.

And I am interested to try this hotdog pie. And now I am thinking about meat pies. Can an Aussie help me out please? I miss them so much.

As for me, another day, another doctor's visit. But we're working on a solid plan to get me all fixed up and running again. I am so grateful for all the support I've gotten from my AA and SR mates.

Finally, I think I have a crush on a girl in AA. :smirk: :angel:

But I will be good. I promise.

wehav2day 09-25-2013 08:12 PM

Life, very sorry to hear about your friend. Glad you didn't stay away from srthough. Would your friend have wanted you to leave sr if its helping you get sober?

joygirl 09-25-2013 08:22 PM

digdug, Really? An estate planning lawyer without an estate plan. Oh, I see you said "used to be". Never mind.:wink:

digdug 09-25-2013 08:27 PM

I hated being a lawyer. Too much stress. To much drama. Too much ALCOHOL!

I like what I do now so much better.

joygirl 09-25-2013 09:04 PM

And, that's the key isn't it? Glad you're so much better, dig!

lifetplant 09-25-2013 09:21 PM

Peek a boo!!

I've had a wee trim and some highlights, I hope you approve dearest Saskia.

Incidently, your wee paragraph to me had me in tears, but good cathartic tears. :)

Dee74 09-25-2013 09:52 PM

hope you're doing ok LT :)
D

lifetplant 09-25-2013 10:00 PM

Tickety boo Dee. I called in sick today. Recovery mode but I didn't drink. I'm heading to the hospital in an hour. Stevies family have agreed for us all to visit and say our goodbyes. It'll be hard but there's also a bit of closure there.

Dee74 09-25-2013 10:01 PM

My best thoughts go with you LT and to steve and his family and loved ones.

D

lifetplant 09-25-2013 10:25 PM

Thank you ;)