SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/297733-moms-mums-club-2013-part-3-a.html)

JustSarah 06-15-2013 11:21 AM

Does anyone remember 'fun-bobby' in friends years ago? Think he was Monica's Boyf for an episode, anyways I think he gave up drinking and was sooooo depressing. That's what I feel a bit like some days - funny the things you randomly remember ;)

Lifebeginsat41 06-15-2013 11:55 AM

Ooh yes JustSarah - I do remember that!

ReadyAtLast 06-15-2013 11:58 AM

Wow-it's amazing to read others have gone off intimacy since getting sober.Me too.Married for 6 years.tbh,we didn't have much intimacy before as mr ral older and on bp meds but since getting sober I feel scared,almost nervous.When drinking it gave me confidence sexually but since quitting I genuinely don't know how to relax intimately. I'm on anti-depressants too which has reduced my interest which certainly doesn't help. Just glad to know I'm not alone. Maybe I've got sexual issues-I'mnervous with the man I love deeply who knows me totally yet feel I could easily have sex with someone who I don't know.don't get me wrong,I never would and wouldn't be unfaithful I just think it would be easier somehow

I'm also very tired ladybug though not as tired as I was earlier on-maybe our bodies just need rest :)

ImperfectlyMe 06-15-2013 12:28 PM

Hey moms happy Saturday :) ughhh struggling today such strong cravings I miss the ritual of drinking and an just down right pussed. Been outside doing yard work since 730am. Still going at it taking a break laying by the pool! I keep thinking if I hadn't messed up do bad 70 days ago I could be laying here having a corona or a glass of wine. I'm not going to drink but the weekends are do hard. :(. I know come 4 hours from now I will be do glad I didn't but really want to right now.

On the sex topic yeah it's about the 9876 thing on the list of things I want to do!

Welcome ready :)

Beavis 06-15-2013 12:57 PM

Weekends are a trigger, then came Thursdays, and then Wednesdays. The moments relaxing at the pool, vacations, watching a movie, sunny day, rainy day, thunderstorms, during dinner, restaurants, during a bath, while cooking dinner, while cleaning, folding laundry, after yardwork, bowling, watching a game. The time trigger of 5:00, then 4:00, and slowly became earlier. It slowly creeps into everything we do in a day. It's madness looking from the outside in, but totally makes sense when you are in it. No wonder why we're grumpy and not in the mood. I was relying on a drug to make normal every day events more fun. In the end, was it funner? I forgot things, said mean things, unexplainable bruises, hangovers, acted like an idiot, etc.
I can have a drink tonight at the restaurant and have just a few drinks and be no big deal. It's the thinking that I need a drink to enjoy my dinner and a movie tonight- that's the big deal. It will influence how I handle the everyday situations next week. It's like I'm in a trance and I'm constantly searching for that drink. It's helping to squash the thought as soon as it enters my brain to snap out of it. Wish the thoughts didn't come 50,000 times a day and for everything I do. Reading everyone's posts who've made it gives me hope that it does indeed lessen over time.

Where is this clarity coming from? Must be from the insomnia. Tonight, we're solving world hunger. Stay tuned!

I just bought my dress for the black tie dinner next week. Thankful for the Spanx to hide the muffin top. Now I just need to learn how to walk in heals. Aint no way I can do that with a glass of wine in me.

Dollyangel17 06-15-2013 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Crazy day so far. Feeling a little better since this morning, but just been running ragged all day. Michaels for baking supplies, swim lessons, shopping, baking, lunch with friend, pick up flowers for Dolly's gymnastics show, and now just sitting for a minute before bath time. God I will be so thrilled to get into bed later with my fans blowing!

Here is a picture if the gold medal cookie I made my daughter:-)

Beavis 06-15-2013 01:18 PM

MLC- Take what others say with a grain of salt. Don't let a person who's never met you or your family run you down.
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt

ImperfectlyMe 06-15-2013 01:31 PM

So adorable dolly!!!!

Ladybug2 06-15-2013 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe (Post 4018437)
Hey moms happy Saturday :) ughhh struggling today such strong cravings I miss the ritual of drinking and an just down right pussed. Been outside doing yard work since 730am. Still going at it taking a break laying by the pool! I keep thinking if I hadn't messed up do bad 70 days ago I could be laying here having a corona or a glass of wine. I'm not going to drink but the weekends are do hard. :(. I know come 4 hours from now I will be do glad I didn't but really want to right now.

On the sex topic yeah it's about the 9876 thing on the list of things I want to do!

Welcome ready :)

Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth, Inperfectlyme. This is EXACTLY how I have been feeling today. Hubby went out last night and came home tipsy and all "in the mood". I, of course, was annoyed and in "no mood". I stayed home so I wouldn't be tempted, but then after he left it was all I could do to not go buy a bottle of wine. Big trigger for me is to have the house to myself. I made it through and was grateful this morning. BUT, today I have just been ticked off. Mad because my hubby got out last night and I didn't, mad because I can't enjoy a glass of wine or cold beer on a beautiful Sat evening, mad because I am an alcoholic, blah, blah, blah. Just feeling really "bored" I guess? Just feel like everyday is the same routine and struggle. I was thinking the same thing as you, Inperfectlyme, that if I wouldn't have let myself get so out of control then maybe I could enjoy some wine tonight.....?

Ugh, weekends are still so hard :( It will be 6 weeks tomorrow, I can't give in.

juststopit 06-15-2013 02:24 PM

Dolly, that is so adorable! If I tried to make that no one would know what it was!!!

Nothing much to report here. After making my husband a father's day brunch I am heading to my parents house for a week's visit. No worries about drinking there since they are two of the only people I know who define "normal" drinking. My mom had a second glass of wine once, years ago and it gave her a headache so she has never had more than once since! Their internet has been down on and off the past few days so if you all don't hear from me for a little while don't worry.

I really hope MLC comes back too!!

ImperfectlyMe 06-15-2013 03:52 PM

Sux doesn't it lady hopefully it will get better soon. It's like two steps forward one back. I have great weeks and then get stuck in my head about feeling sorry fir myself that I can't drink.

Ladybug2 06-15-2013 06:11 PM

Yep, now that I am over my hissy fit I realize how stupid and selfish I sounded. So I can't drink.... it certainly isn't the end of the world. I truly HATE alcohol for what is has done to me. I should be happy and grateful every second for what I have. My health, a wonderful husband and daughter, parents who are still healthy, nice place to live, etc. It is really scary how much control alcohol can have over us.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Father's Day with their families :)

Dollyangel17 06-15-2013 07:23 PM

Oh boy what a day!!!! Great gymnastics show though! Happy to be curled up and relaxing now! Hope everyone had a good night!

joygirl 06-15-2013 09:15 PM

Hey All!
I've been really bummed today at the loss of an SR friend. And I haven't wanted to come on. Just sad.

There is a good thing that happened today, that only other women can appreciate. I went to get some makeup at the store. The saleswoman told me about a special preorder that comes with FREE gifts! But I really needed the serum, so she gave me a FREE full-size bottle, if I will come back in 3 weeks for the other makeup!!! She was the manager of the counter and wanted to boost preorder sales. So, I was just helping her out by taking the FREE serum. It would have cost $90. She just gave it to me, with some FREE samples! When does that ever happen??? I cannot believe my luck. I can use this serum with my Olay, yeah, baby!

Oh, and I got my husband clothes... a few polos and shorts for weekend wear. I'm tired of the t shirts and running shorts! Also, the boys bought him CDs. Not very creative, but he's a simple man and he'll like it.

joygirl 06-15-2013 09:44 PM

MLC, if you read this please pm me!

joygirl 06-15-2013 09:45 PM

Hey cat, I'm in the south too! Born in the north too, but I don't tell many people that down here! HAHAHA!

catgonewild1 06-15-2013 09:49 PM

Hey all - good day to report. Took the moody 13 year old shopping all afternoon for camp 'necessities." This is gymnastics camp so: leotards, sports bras, special rise underwear for under the leis @@, tape, wrist guards, and every toiletry known to man. Spent hours driving from town to town. But, knowing that my poor overworked husband who has been hospitalized twice in the last 9 months, was at home finally being able to rest was a good feeling. Plus I had to get him new swim trunks and a polo shirt for Fathers Day.

Now my accomplishments: sounds stupid, but I haven't given him a framed picture in years. But I got out our camera, figured out how to take out the memory card (yes, I am that tech-challenged), brought it to CVS and managed to walk myself through picking out a decent picture of our little family taken at church last year, and frame it. I know doesn't sound like much but like one of you said, he's a simple man and wouldn't have done it for himself.

Tonight we had to go to dinner with friends of his. Wife I'd never met. Normally a very stressful situation for me. Had no wine, knew I wouldn't. They all did, but only the husband got drunk, my husband and his wife didn't. I drove home since hubby had 3 glasses of wine (he's not much of a drinker usually.)

And actually had the nerve to be intimate with him tonight. Wow! Now these were all things I wouldn't have done today drinking.

Tomorrow we will go to church, out to brunch, then leave at 3 pm to take my daughter to sleepaway camp. Oh, and Dollyangel, my daughter is a gymnast but not USAG level, but something called TAAF level down here (not as many hours or as intense as USAG.) Our season only lasts from Jan. until May. But they practice all year. She by no means has the skills to go on for college gymnastics or anything but she is "medium" decent and her bet event by far is uneven bars. It's her only sport so we're going with it.

Thanks everyone for all the support! I won't have time, literally, for a meeting till Monday but ya'll have been incredibly supportive!! Wish I knew about this forum years ago.

CG

ReadyAtLast 06-15-2013 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 (Post 4018591)
Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth, Inperfectlyme. This is EXACTLY how I have been feeling today. Hubby went out last night and came home tipsy and all "in the mood". I, of course, was annoyed and in "no mood". I stayed home so I wouldn't be tempted, but then after he left it was all I could do to not go buy a bottle of wine. Big trigger for me is to have the house to myself. I made it through and was grateful this morning. BUT, today I have just been ticked off. Mad because my hubby got out last night and I didn't, mad because I can't enjoy a glass of wine or cold beer on a beautiful Sat evening, mad because I am an alcoholic, blah, blah, blah. Just feeling really "bored" I guess? Just feel like everyday is the same routine and struggle. I was thinking the same thing as you, Inperfectlyme, that if I wouldn't have let myself get so out of control then maybe I could enjoy some wine tonight.....?

Ugh, weekends are still so hard :( It will be 6 weeks tomorrow, I can't give in.

Hi ladybug, congrats on 6 weeks. Believe me when I say it really does get easier. I struggled at the 6 week mark. Your body and mind are just adjusting and getting used to not drinking. The habit is still fresh in your mind. Trust me though,give it another few weeks and NOT drinking will seem normal.I can't say exactly when it happens but it will. i'm just over 6 months now and NOT drinking seems normal,even at the weekend and even when others around me are drinking.I never never never thought I would be comfortable being around others drinking,especially in summer with fond memories of wine on hot days but I am. The mind is a very powerful tool. urge surfing works for me,especially in the earlier weeks when it seemed a battle.

What is Urge Surfing?

Hang on in there,you can do it :)

Lifebeginsat41 06-16-2013 12:58 AM

Morning Moms!

I bought myself a new top yesterday - that rarely happens! And my son helped me pick it out - basically he said get the white one not the black! Then he came home and said to my Hubby that he'd chosen the top and didn't I look nice and hubby agreed, and they both made a fuss of how good I looked. Huge ego boost!!!

Returned to the scene of the crime yesterday and the wife asked how I was and how my recovery was going which was nice of her. Her husband just 'looked' and my nose and eyes and looked sad - which upset me a bit. But I stuck to my guns and didn't drink and they were just as pleased as my family.

Fathers Day lunch today after shopping for my niece's birthday this morning and a meeting tonight. So a busy day !

Hope you all have a wonderful Fathers Day with your families - I'm thinking next year I'll be taking a leaf out if Cat's book and do the framed photo!!

juststopit 06-16-2013 04:25 AM

haha I did a framed photo for my husband (and also did them for my Dad and my Father in Law). I even picked out the spot in the house for my husbands picture but then decided that was too controlling (I really have to watch that. I am horrible about micro managing).

Life, I am glad you were able to get through seeing them. YEAH! Does your husband notice when you buy new clothes? Mine never does, but waits until I am wearing something I have had for five years and then asks "is that new?" I usually just say "yes" since he is so proud of himself or noticing.

Joy, I miss her too. You know, I think it is hard here because we DO care so much, even though we have never met in person. And part of the problem is maybe that as women and mom's in particular we want to be able to help, to fix it. GRAB THE BANDAIDS! And it is hard watching someone struggle. I want to be able to track each of you down (don't worry I won't! ; ) ) and show up at your doors and give you huge hugs and tell you how amazingly strong and beautiful you are. When one of us slips I don't feel annoyed or disappointed, I feel more like I need to be stronger for you. Like I need to work harder at this thing so I can be here for you all like you have been for me.

Ok....so HUGS to you ALL!!!