SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of August 2012 Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/268218-class-august-2012-part-4-a.html)

myhappyproject 09-17-2012 10:16 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Grace and Steve!

Originally Posted by Grace2 (Post 3580780)
Ta daaa! 30 days. Ta daaa! High 5 Steve,:a122:

Well I went to bed, went to sleep and now it's 01.55 and here I am wide awake! What's all that about? Too much going on in my head maybe! Or maybe I'm drinking too much tea!

Sorry to hear you had such a bad day Stairs, but happy to hear that you did not waver and drink any dirty beer. Today's a new day and things can only get better.

MHP, Many congratulations. What a lovely weekend you've had and well deserved too, you've done yourself proud. Thats a very thoughtful idea for your anniversary, Hawaii, wow, that should be fabulous. Thanks for your words of wisdom re my husband, I'm sure we will work it out, things happen for a reason! Sounds like you have a very strong relationship with your husband, treasure it and treasure him. xxx

Erica, you were meant to go to that meeting, things can only get better now. Keep strong, things have a way of working out, as I keep saying.

Night night again

Gxx

Congrats to you both, we are all so thankful that you are here as an example and such an inspiration and support for everyone. :c029::You_Rock_

stevie88 09-17-2012 11:34 AM

Day 30 nearly done as I'm gonna go jump into bed already....Lol I really do live a rock n roll lifestyle these days,get up really early and hit the sack really early...I'm so so tired so I'm off to bed....I'll check in tomorrow....Take care gang....Steve...

PippoRossi 09-17-2012 11:44 AM

TODAY IS DAY 28!!! Yay, me! :a122:

stevie88 09-17-2012 11:46 AM

Many congrats on 28 days pipporossi.....

Veggiejojo 09-17-2012 11:47 AM

Well done pipporossi!

PippoRossi 09-17-2012 11:57 AM

Thanks, stevie and veggie!!!

HFA 09-17-2012 12:19 PM

Congrats to Grace and Steve at 30 days, to everyone over 30, and even those of us with day or more.
I am in the middle of day 24. Cleaned my entire apartment yesterday (10 diet cokes later). Cleaning is a HUGE trigger for me. I used to use beer as fuel, pump in the beer and I can clean or do yard work all day long. It was nice today waking up to a clean apartment and not having to take out a trash full of beer cans. Or checking the rooms to make sure they were done and beer can free.

stairs 09-17-2012 12:50 PM

Way to go Grace and stevie!! And everyone else!!

:a122: :bday7

Grace2 09-17-2012 03:37 PM

Quick check in before I go to bed, My life is about as much rock and roll as Steve's!!lol

Thank you all again for your kind words and support. Couldn't do it without you!

MHP that was a lovely thing to say.

YAY indeed PippoRossi, congrats. Missed you. xx

A big achievement for you HFA, well done.

Best go to bed now as I'm up at 06.30 for work and it's getting rather late.

See you all tomorrow

Night night, stay safe.

Gxx

ebshot 09-17-2012 06:46 PM

HFA, I am with you on the Diet Coke. I have had so much Diet Coke over the past 42 days it is crazy.

PippoRossi, congrats on 4 weeks!!

I'm headed to bed. Long, long day here. Cole had an emergency dentist appointment. I thought he only had one cavity to get taken care of but it turned out that he had two very deep cavities (down to the nerve). One ended up needing a crown and the other one has a huge filling. Poor kiddo was not feeling so well afterwards and once he finally started feeling better, he was in a horrible mood.

I'm headed to bed. Hope you all had a nice sober day.

Nuway2fly 09-17-2012 07:58 PM

Hooray for you, Pippo! We've got milestones all over the place--I love it. :)

I'll contribute to this quiet day by being a bit quiet myself. Long day--work, then watched a couple hours of TV with my Mom. Finally home now, a quick check of SR, and to bed for me, too. See you all tomorrow.

LiveLikeGold6 09-17-2012 10:50 PM

Good day everyone.

Grace here's the recipe I used tonight:

Low Sodium chicken broth
ground garlic and pepper
1 whole carrot chopped
1/2 large bok choy leaves chopped
1/3 bundle cilantro chopped
1/4 red onion diced
1 whole yam chopped
1/2 carton of medium firm tofu, diced
Japanese Soba noodles (buckwheat)
Handful of shitake mushrooms
2 whole limes, juiced
1/2 celery chopped

My little baby has a fever but I took him to the dr and she said he is fine, just to monitor. He's sleeping now. I worked out today, have a long way to go to feel fit but its starts with one step.

I'm feeling like such a brat about my job. It's starting to get more numbers and sales focused and I'm so not into sales. I'm a task nerd. I want to keep my head down and do complicated work while joking with a coworker every now and then. But this is why I'm in school. I will not give up on my job. I will remind myself that this is good experience for my resume and that when I'm done with school, maybe even a little before, I have every right to find the exact kind of job I really want.

stevie88 09-17-2012 10:54 PM

Day 31 just starting....Slurping down my daily pint of tea,quickly take the dog out then get ready for the school run...Will check back later...Take care folks...Steve....

Grace2 09-18-2012 01:37 AM

Good Morning to you all.

It's been a quiet couple of days ( and nights) on here!! Hope everyone is okay.

Managed to get a half decent's nights sleep last night apart from being woken up by the rain hammering down.

Bottom of the hill for me today as it's my first day in work this week. It seems a long time off to 19.00! I do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday one week, then Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday the next week.

Erica, sounds like you had another fairly stressfull day yesterday. Poor Cole, he does suffer doesn't he? Hope he is in a better mood today for you.

Nuway, hope you had a peaceful night. Have a good day today.

LLG6- Hope your baby is feeling better, that's babies though, they have a fever one minute and worry you to death, then the next minute they're as right as rain. Thank you for the recipe, sounds very tasty. What is cilanto? I'll have to look it up on the internet. My job is becoming very sales orientated too, I hate it, I'm just rubbish at selling, I haven't got the gift of the gab or the inclination to do it! I'd rather do anything than try to sell! I'd rather clean the toilets. No kidding! lol

Morning Steve, have a great day.

Must go and do a bit more work now. Catch up again later.
Wishing you all a sober and harmonious day.

Big hugs

Gracexxx

Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself, and relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life

ebshot 09-18-2012 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Grace2 (Post 3582794)
Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself, and relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life

I love this. I am going to do this today. Thanks Grace.

WantToHeal 09-18-2012 03:46 AM

Hi all! Beginning of Day 23 for me here. I have been keeping a bit of a low profile through the weekend and heading into today - thanks for noticing, Grace! - but it's just owing to all of the work I've been doing. Still try to get in here at least once a day to read everybody's stories and quickly check in.

As you know, I made a lot of headway in cleaning out the garage for my in-laws over the weekend. I started my journey out to their house at about 9am Saturday and didn't return home until almost 11pm. I'm also house sitting for a friend who is kind enough to lend me garage space for all of my mechanical projects. So bright and early Sunday it was time to go to his house to unload and sort through all the stuff I collected Saturday. Besides feeding and watering his cats, I also got rid of his recycling and started to clean up and organize my space in his garage.

The best part of the day was the large campfire I built. My friend lives out in the country, and I live in the suburbs, so I can't pull this off at my own place. But anyway, I had a lot of wood scraps from cleaning out the garage and decided to make use of the fire pit. There is something very peaceful and "outdoorsy" about tending a fire, something that agrees with me. Maybe it's the caveman in me, I don't know :-) I did a nice job if I do say so myself...got rid of all the wood scraps and the fire burned for about 8 hours. It required regular attention, so it was a nice diversion from any thoughts I might have had of drinking.

Yesterday I went back to work with every bone and muscle in my body aching. But it is a good kind of tired, the kind that comes with a sense of accomplishment, ya know? Fortunately I was able to remain off my feet for most of the day, but it was still a long day, stretching from 8:30am through I meeting I had to attend last night...it ran until 9:30pm.

Between work, therapy, marriage counseling, treatment, and house sitting I expect that the week isn't going to ease up all that much, but it's OK, I'm going to go over, through, or around everything as best I can.

May not be on here quite as much this week, but I still plan to check in at least once per day, and specifically check on this thread several times per day. If anyone needs anything, I'm just a post or a pm away.

Have a happy, safe, and sober day everyone! Be well, and much love to you all!

WantToHeal 09-18-2012 03:48 AM

Love the new avatar Grace!

Grace2 09-18-2012 04:58 AM

Quick hi!

Thanks Erica, I'm glad you like today's little prayer. I read the whole script every day and focus on each day in my aim to be a better person. It's been a big help and a comfort to me.

LLG6, I know what cilantro is now, parsley as we call it! I'll be making some of that at w.end.

WTH, it is good to see your post. I really missed them but figured you were very busy and I was right, you've been so productive this last few days, wow, no wonder you were tired. I know what you mean about it being ' a good sort of tired' and it's that feeling that you've actually accomplished something worthwhile.

Day 23 for you, that's really awesome, you're heading rapidly towards the month mark now!

Do you know what, I dont know of a man who doesn't like fires and burning things, definitely a caveman thing!

Glad you like my new avatar, I'm so impressed with myself for figuring out how to put one on in the first place, let alone change it.!! ha ah ha!

Forgot to tell you all earlier, I put a colour on my hair last night without being under the influence on alcohol. usually, it would have been splashed up the tiles, on the shower screen, on the floor, on the sink, up my arms and on my clothes. then I'd wonder why the colour hadn't taken very well and have to also spend hours bleaching and scrubbing the bathroom. Not last night though, all on my hair, ( no wonder it looks a bit dark) ha ha.

GX

stairs 09-18-2012 05:36 AM

Good morning to all,

It's so reassuring to read about everyone's daily adventures, HFA cleaning her apartment and WTH with the garage and building a bonfire, stevie always busy with working out and kids etc, Grace treating herself to a sweater and a hair coloring, ebshot and LLGold taking care of their little ones, VeggieJ having a treat at the salon and nuway with some quiet time.

I seriously love reading about all of you. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Yesterday was a very lovely day. I did the walking meditation that Thich Nhat Hanh talks about in his book, "Peace Is Every Step", on my walk and it made a difference in that it gave me a sort of inner glow that stayed with me all day. It's simply focusing on breathing; in, in, in 4 steps, out out out 4 steps, like that.

It's raining today but a benign sort of rain with no gusty wind or downpours. So I am off to do my walk and have much to do around here plus shop for Sweetie's birthday which is coming up fast.

It's day 30 for me so tonight I'll hit my meeting and collect a keytag. :)

Have a good one everyone!

WantToHeal 09-18-2012 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by stairs (Post 3582933)
It's day 30 for me so tonight I'll hit my meeting and collect a keytag. :)

WOW...congrats, stairs! Well done!!!