SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year and Over Club- Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/259925-one-year-over-club-part-6-a.html)

ReadyAndAble 06-19-2012 06:15 AM

Good luck with the interview, LB! It sounds to me like you're exploring options on the healthcare front, and that seems like it's always a good idea.

LaFemme 06-19-2012 06:17 AM

Sending positive vibes your way LB:)

Took my new jeep in for an oil. Hangs and I feel like they ripped me off. They charged extra for the oil filter because it's "special"....I looked online for pricing and it's not that special. Grrrrr. I will only go to my Dads old mechanic going forward.

Waiting on 4 commission checks...wish people understood that when you live on commission you really appreciate prompt payment!

Cheers!

LDT 06-19-2012 06:43 AM

You probably did get ripped off, LF :( I say this because I have. But the last time I took my car in for an oil change, they kept coming back in to tell me whatever new fangled thing needed to be replaced....and immediately.....yada yada..... So I said to them ( in the little waiting room, ) "Every time i see you walk through that door you are costing me more money. So please turn back around and just go change my oil. That's it" (lol). So they did.

Oh ...and so get the commission check thing. I'm an independent music instructor and I run into that every single month.

Good Morning Overs!!!

Itchy 06-19-2012 07:52 PM

Manz,
I thought you were sick and over it? Hope you do get over it. The illness, not the bot.

Dee,
Not a cut above, just cutting edge. No intention to split hairs here however.

LB,
I am sorry you have to endure such pain. I hope the interview turns out for you.

T and LDT,
I detest trade people who take advantage. I had both upper ball joints and one lower ball joint replaced on my Dodge diesel truck today. The front shocks were ready to be replaced too. I also had the valve lash adjusted and my local shop told me that the head gasket is reusable and verified it was in great shape when I picked it up. Of course I had to take it to another shop for the alignment. I brought it in yesterday at 2 and they finished it today around 2. To be fair we checked it out Thursday, the parts came in late Friday, so there were no parts to wait on. These folks are friends and I fix their computers for them when they need them worked on. So we have to treat each other well. The repairs are much cheaper than buying a new diesel 3/4 ton quad cab long bed truck. The only unexpected expense was the headlight fluid needed to be changed. :lmao

Instant,
I'm glad you did in any event.

Kablume,
Threadsplitter is cleaver! :c033:

Manz 06-19-2012 09:36 PM

Lotus, I am sure you will rock in the interview.

LF..... I hate the feeling of having been duped by tradespeople..... now I ask too many questions and mention I will check it out with an unbiased agency first, and the story changes pretty quickly! ;-) And when I was a Locum I used to hate to wait to have my invoices paid. Sigh.

Itchy...... um, what is the bot? My head is still fuzzled. Here in NZ "over it" means fed up, had enough......etc. LOL which I am of being sick too. :)

I went back to work today as it was only a 3 hour class 5 minutes from my house. Now an knackered again. Ah well, it will be an easy dinner for Weeman when he gets home tonight.

Can't believe it but I harvested 2 huge RED capsicum yesterday in winter. :)

Rock on Overs

camedown 06-20-2012 12:12 AM

Just landed in New York, gonna see my daughter for the first time in years. Benefits of sobriety and working a good program, time to begin the real healing.

instant 06-20-2012 01:46 AM

Camedown I know this is momentous time- good luck with it all.

The story is rolling on, I seem to be at a place where fresh perspectives are not only possible they lead to new eventualities. A greater connection, engaged with a more relaxed flexibility.

I now find it much easier to be with and learn from those around me.

Itchy 06-20-2012 09:17 AM

Manz,
When I am sick I am well when I get over it. I you go to the threadsplitter post on page one and click on the personal profile you will see that threadsplitter is somewhat of a joke as it is not a person according to the user profile. It is not a he or she just a picture and a program written to automate monitoring when a thread reaches 500 and needs to be split again. We call those automations "bots" online as opposed to robots when a mechanical offline entity is created.

So now you know the rest of the story. :herewego

Itchy 06-20-2012 09:30 AM

Camedown,
I hope it all works as you both adjust to a new and stable you. The one thing that we show our adult children when we indeed heal ourselves and recover is just like my tagline about dragons below. They may discover they were in denial and can now relax too.

They can again count on us too.

Tippingpoint 06-20-2012 06:32 PM

I introduced myself and then up and disappear for a few days!

I was on a business trip to Germany...the sort of trip that got me low enough to finally quit last June. I was confident that I'd be okay but also knew that it was going to be a test.

Germany and drink sort of go hand in hand! I flew business class...lots of free booze there. I had a nice Mini-Bar in my room...uh huh. We had lots of fancy dinners and lunches with wine and beer flowing and I was the only one not drinking...

It was great! It was so nice to be bright and alert and on the ball for the "work" part of the trip. I went running a couple of times. I took a lot of photos. I really enjoyed seeing Germany. And, I came home without any of the guilt and shame that always used to follow me home from trips like this.

And to be honest...the urge to drink never reared it's ugly head. I was comfortable with myself and my choice throughout the trip.

Good to be back home!

instant 06-21-2012 02:12 AM

TP great it all went well and you experienced a new way of being away. I have a similar test coming up in a few weeks with a trip to the UK.

Another sober day enjoyed!!!

LotusBlossom 06-21-2012 02:08 PM

Well - I have a trip to Illinois overnight July 9th and a bunch of one on one "chats" with people on July 10th. That will be the 3rd interview now.

Fairly terrified at this point.

But hey. Just trying to remember - I still have a job so while I do want this job, I don't *need* it, therefore I am not *desperate* and I don't need to come off as sounding that like I did in every other interview in the past.

Tipping - that sounds freaking awesome! Germany would be a weak one for me too. France/spain/italy all those? Easy, peasy. I hate wine. Beer though? LOL. We were best enemies. And you always keep your best of enemies oh so close to you.

Glad you held your stuff together and came away with an extremely positive and fortifying experience.

I'll let you guys know how the dr's appointment goes tomorrow at some point this weekend too and what he says.

Hope everyone has a good one :).

Dee74 06-21-2012 02:29 PM

best of luck on the appointment and the interview LB :)

ReadyAndAble 06-21-2012 11:29 PM

I'm sure you'll do great in the interview, LB, and glad you've got that appointment tomorrow. Hope you get a clearer picture of the problem and solution.

This week went fast for me. Feels good to be productive. It's amazing that one of my biggest fears about quitting was that I would be bored. I used to stand around in my kitchen drinking alone for hours on end... and I was worried sobriety would be boring? I've noticed a lot of newcomers say that, too. I always have something to do, even if it's to relax with a book or watch a movie. Maybe that's the upside of having gone through that: by comparison everything else seems like a really productive use of time—including sleep!

Good night/good morning/g'day mate

Dee74 06-22-2012 12:04 AM

night, cobber http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/us...4/kangaroo.gif

D

instant 06-22-2012 01:36 AM

Another Friday night sober- no more illusionary relaxation !!

frances2011 06-22-2012 03:58 AM

I am amazed at the incredible stories of growth and courage and change on just this one page. *humbled*

Camedown, vibes for a healing visit.
LB, vibes for positive outcomes!
TP, how fantastic for you that you had such a good trip.

Hi to everyone else! Best wishes for a GREAT weekend where ever you are on our beautiful planet.

I made a big jump yesterday career-wise and snagged a spot at an industry conference next week that could be HUGE for me. I negotiated a half-off price because I'm a small business. *amazed* that I asked for something and got it.

FBL 06-22-2012 04:11 AM

Today marks 3 years sober. Happy and grateful for my new life. Have a great weekend, all!

Dee74 06-22-2012 04:16 AM

Congratulations FBL :)

D

Kablume 06-22-2012 04:21 AM

Congrats on 3 years FBL! That's fantastic!