SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2011 Part 13 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/248505-class-march-2011-part-13-a.html)

lookinforward 02-24-2012 12:17 PM

I have had p90 for about 2 years and my abs are not ripped......what up?????
guess I should take the rapper off of the disks. I thought all you had to do was by them and it was a done deal....I did my part...I bought the dang disks. I still own a mini keg. Maybe this is the year. I am getting the scissors out when I get home.....now what closet did I stick those dang things in????
Dave

lookinforward 02-24-2012 01:49 PM

Lofty I will have to look up that Howard Stern Book.
Dave

lookinforward 02-24-2012 02:24 PM

My friends.....It is almost time for Elvis to leave the building.
Peace Love and Happiness to you all
DAve

See you on Monday

Dee74 02-24-2012 03:23 PM

Have a good weekend Dave - and everybody.

uh-huh.

D

mirage 02-24-2012 04:34 PM

And you, D. :)

Have a good weekend, Dave. Good luck finding your DVDs..I'll expect you to have a 2 pack on Monday. ;)

frances2011 02-25-2012 06:48 AM

Woot Marchers!

8 miles done, YEAH! That was the last long run for a bit, two rest days ahead, yeah.

Going to our friends' cabin to go for a hike with their 5 & 9 year old kiddos in the windy sunshine.

Have a great day!

mirage 02-25-2012 07:26 AM

Way to go, frances! You have a great day, too!

LoftyIdeals 02-25-2012 10:22 AM

Mirage...youve been found out. I believe you when you say you didnt drink on your cruise, but I saw on fb that you indulged in some crack!

mirage 02-25-2012 12:38 PM

Lol Lofty! I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!

aussieblue 02-25-2012 02:45 PM

I made it !!!!!!!!
A whole week of boozing and I never touched a drop. The party was a huge success we had aprox. 100 guests I worked like a trojan day and night and wasn't tempted in the slightest . This morning the boys are at the hall "cleaning up" and drinking out the last of the beer ( 9.35am here by the way) . I will be glad when today is over and tomorrow the drinking has ended but I know today I feel safe from temptation .The smell of stale booze coming from my husband last night was disgusting. Thank goodness he only turns 60 once.

Dee74 02-25-2012 02:55 PM

woo hoo Aussie! :c014:

D

PeanutButterCup 02-25-2012 03:33 PM

Hold on ... it was a WEEK-LONG party, Aussie??? That's crazy!

PeanutButterCup 02-25-2012 03:33 PM

Congrats to you for keeping your head! I'm in awe!

aussieblue 02-25-2012 04:56 PM

We have had visitors arriving for most of the week from all over and the drinking began when they starting arriving but the party was last night and still going today but I am staying away today I have had my fill of drunks, our visitors have left now it is the locals that are keeping the drinking going and they would leave untill it's all drank.

frances2011 02-25-2012 05:10 PM

WAY TO GO AUSSIE! First off, for throwing such a blow-out party for your husband.....BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY......for keeping yourself safe and sober!

WELL DONE!

I am a tired-out person. This is a low-mileage rest week coming up for me and I REALLY need it. I am grateful to be so healthy that I can enjoy running and I know what a gift it is.

Husband went to grocery store for me and then we'll watch a movie and then bedtime for me.

Hope everyone is having a good night/Sunday morning.

mirage 02-25-2012 05:39 PM

Yay for Aussie!! :You_Rock_ SO glad that's (almost) over for you!! Ya done good, girl..be proud of yourself. :)

Get some rest, frances.

I spent a decent portion of the day organizing my Oscar pool. It's a $10 buy in and I have 8 people playing. Doesn't sound like much, but I have to get their ballots via email, and send ours out, and then I write a category on each piece of paper and then write everyone's picks on it. I have found it's easier to keep track that way. So I have 24 pieces of paper with the heading and then 8 people's picks under it. During the show, I write the winner of each category on each paper and then tally the totals on a separate sheet. This year, I made us a facebook private group page so I can update people during the show who's in the lead, etc. I swear, I don't know how I did this drinking for all those years. haha. I ordered a party sub from Subway, my bro and sil are coming over. I'm SO excited..the picks are really varied and I have some new players, so it's gonna be really fun. It's kinda my superbowl. I win this a lot, by purely luck, but I'm kinda hoping someone else wins this year. If anyone wants in, you're welcome to join!

frances2011 02-26-2012 04:31 AM

Sounds like fun Mirage and I hope you win!

I slept in this morning and woke up after the sun came up. Heaven.

Two friends are running a half marathon in Disneyworld this morning. I am tracking them via the Web. SUCH cool technolog. (They are wearing a little chip sensor on their sneaker that pings when they cross 5K/10K/15K.)

Going to yoga this morning and am going to BE EASY.

The friend I went to dinner with Friday night is coming too. She drank 4/5 of a bottle of red wine at dinner, I was driving. That's a lot of wine. She joined us for our 7:30AM run yesterday and is hoping to get back into a swing. Our group always says, "Running Changes Everything." I'm going to keep inviting her to run/workout.....if she wants it, then she'll take it.

Birds are singing, sun is up, taking doggie out.

Happy Sunday Marchers!

LoftyIdeals 02-26-2012 08:12 AM

Good morning, all...I'm starting to REALLY enjoy my Sundays off from church and relaxing on Sunday mornings. And, now that I'm sober, going to church on Saturday night is no problem. Watching my kids play in the praise band makes me proud. They enjoy it.

Office is shaping up. I'm looking at the new doors that are roughly hung and will be completed today. Then it will just be paint. The other door (to the kitchen) comes in tomorrow. Then, after phone and internet re-connects, I'll have a fully functioning office. When I can properly afford it, I have about $650 in additional furnishings, and when I can REALLY afford it, after all other bills are paid off, I'll reward myself with a bay window. There's always that one more thing, isn't there?

Anyway...glad all are safe and sober. Aussie and Mirage, great job on your sobriety during your adventures.

I have been tapering off my ADs for a couple weeks now. I'm making a study of my mind, and where my chemicals are out of balance, so I can counter them naturally. Exercise will be a big part of any solution. I'm feeling more natural, more in tune, and more productive. I've also been staying off my ritalin, so I don't cause any unnatural spikes. So far, so good. Now, I just need to catch that natural, sober wave of life and be well on my way.

Thinking fond wishes for each of you! Peace.

Dee74 02-26-2012 01:12 PM

hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

D

aussieblue 02-26-2012 02:45 PM

The so called "cleaning up" is over the boys drank till 4pm yesterday after an 8am start .I can't tell you how glad I am that this party is over and my husband is back at work today. I am secretly happy that he is hungover but not letting on after all it was a big birthday. Now we will see if he is going to cut back like he said.
Hope you all have a great day.