SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of June 2011 Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/234095-class-june-2011-part-7-a.html)

Buelah 08-15-2011 10:46 PM

Arrrggghhhh...must be late, I just lost my post.:gaah

Well, it looks like every one is pushing along. This is just a great group. We are all so different, and I just love how we all have this common ground. It means we share good times and bad, and by doing so, it creates the balance we need to know that this is life. Life sober. Every story is an inspiration. So, even with trials and down times, we have to remember that these are also the things that can inspire. Never be afraid to share.

PapaNico - you are now at 14 days. I knew you could get back on track. So, glad to see you doing so well!

SoberJennie - oh your relationship post. As I mentioned, don't settle. But, if you are going to stay in this relationship you and your boyfriend as well, need to remember a big part of a solid relationship is accepting one as they are not what you want them to be. As Classical mentioned, opposites attract, and can really make for some wonderful opportunities to experience things you would never otherwise consider. Trust me, when I was in my 20's, I never thought I'd live in a farming community and loving being in the country. But, I do. I also loved the outdoors, but never imagined winter camping. I've really kept my mind open, and have really enjoyed some wonderful times. I hope you can find in your heart what it is you really want to do.

Streamwader - you look so happy with your "guides". You have every reason to be happy. To have the love of your children - you are truly blessed! Thank you for sharing!

PaddyB - Keep up the good work with your meetings, even if it's a small group. We all want to see you to continue beating this.

LTJimmie - why can't some people just be nice? I never understood that. Sorry about your marriage. 30 years. You both should be having a grand time at this stage of the game. Good luck with the job situation.

Classical - your posts just reek of happiness. You are a strong person with a lot to appreciate in your life.

Well, my friend's Mom is not doing well. She called me tonight crying and kept apologizing for bothering me while I was on a trip with Mom. But, she is like my sister I never had. I was glad she called as she surely needed a shoulder.

My step-daughter is in the hospital. She's only at 28 weeks and started having contractions along with having a thinning cervix (not good). She's been on bed rest for over two weeks, but then this happened. They managed to get the contractions to stop, but will hold her until Wednesday. If they are happy with that, then they will send her home at that time. 32 weeks is the magic number for the risk level to drop for birth defects. Everyone please pray to God or your higher power that she makes it to that point.

Mom and I are in Mackinaw City and enjoying time together. She is snoring away, and I'm barely awake typing this post.

But, I'm glad to read what every one put today, and to see even with some struggling here and there, we are all making it through.

Love and hugs to all!

bratnik 08-16-2011 12:25 AM

Dee, I never heard about the author of the book for this movie until I was waiting for tickets. I have no creds for reading the book first. However; I have read, this author has written many many books. For sure, this one landing the screenplay hit the jackpot!!

Its going to be a classic.

Thanks, Dee.

instant 08-16-2011 01:14 AM

SW nice pic, no alligators where you are ?

When I get home in the evening I no longer come home revved up and looking for a relaxing wine. In truth I have a bit of spare capacity that I have not got used as yet. It is still too dark in the evening to address my yard issue. It has been raining (as it is currently) so I do not feel like getting out walking or riding in the rain. I have stuff to do but overall it is about what direction I should take now I am not getting buzzed and sedated, then worrying about the impact and consequences of getting buzzed and sedated.

Have a good evening see you all tomorrow.

bratnik 08-16-2011 06:04 AM

Thanks, Classical. I hear it far too often that I am too hard on myself. :) This time instead of being so irate at myself and throwing in the towel for failing, I'm working through it. I know I can and will do this. It's great progress. It feels good to share it with everyone, thanks for listening. Moderation isn't an option for me either.

Instant - your post was very peaceful. I have read it a few times.

Buelah 08-16-2011 06:32 AM

I, too, have thought about moderation, as I believe we all have. But, correct, it's not an option for myself either. Some people may be able to, and I don't knock it. If they can, I am happy for them. A glass of wine or a good, quality brew once in a while is super. But, I don't believe that is in my vocabulary. I am enjoying sobriety too much to take that chance and risk finding myself back in the same pattern.

And yes, Bratnik - don't be so hard on yourself. We all have parts of our past we'd love to erase, but you have to learn from mistakes, and move on. Don't worry and fret over what you have done, look forward with new eyes, and see the potential you have to make a difference.

Can you believe it - Mom is still sleeping - she is going to fall out of bed when she realizes it's 9:30 and she's still in the rack. She never sleeps this good at home. I'm happy for her.

May head up to Sault Ste Marie today and watch the freighters go through the Locks - she loves that, and so do I. Pretty fascinating.

Be well, my friends!

StreamWader 08-16-2011 07:00 AM

From Bratnik;

In my eyes, when I slipped, I failed. So I'm not feeling like I can post advice, encouragement, or anything, because I feel like my words don't mean much given my failure. I'm trying to gain some confidence and stay with you.
I certainly can relate to every word of this. I have been reading the thread but not posting much. Shushing those demons whispering in my ear has been like a full time job. Quite honestly I thought I was going bonkers for a while. Its getting better and you know I hope it does for you too, Bratnik.

Buelah - I was having breakfast in Manistee (Right on US 31) yesterday morning and a very pleasant/happy biking couple took the booth next to me. I couldn't but think it could be you and hubby, and yeah, it brought a smile to my face.

Bonkers? Really? What a geek I am.

StreamWader 08-16-2011 07:12 AM

From Classical;

I'm sorry I'm rambling.
I wish my rambles were that concise and well written. Your posts are wonderful to read. Apologise for nothing. You may never know how much strength I have taken from your posts, even when you discuss issues with other classmates.

bratnik 08-16-2011 07:20 AM

"bonkers" - LOL stream.

It feels good to get back with the crew. :) Let's all stick together. Things are getting better here too, thanks to all of you.

Squishyboots 08-16-2011 09:38 AM

Stream - Bonkers is the correct term in my head these days! Thank you for finding the word I needed for what my demons are doing to me...:headbange

Soberpotamus 08-16-2011 05:03 PM

Are we back up? Was beginning to have SR withdrawals... ;)

Tippingpoint 08-16-2011 06:53 PM

I didn't realize that we were down. Although, now that you mention it I've been seeing some issues with SR being slow to load or not loading at all. Same thing when posting, it will just sort of hang there for a long time.

Anyways...I'll persevere.

Having some urges tonight. My wife is away on a business trip till Thursday. I'm home on my own with the kids...big trigger for me. Primo drinking time. There is alcohol in my house.

I'm not going to do it though. I'm going to take control of this thing (AV) and be responsible for my actions. The thing that sort of does it for me is to think about why I'd drink - what would be the purpose? It's nearly 10:00 pm and I'm home on my own - where's the party? How weak would I have to be to think that this was a good time to drink? That's what I tell myself anyway. Deep down I know that it's a tenuous tether that binds us to sobriety. That's why it's work and that's why it's hard.

bratnik 08-16-2011 07:06 PM

Hey TP -

So not worth it. You'll regret it, I can 100% guarantee. Live on my mistakes!
Have some soda or anything sweet. I know you will be fine.

-Anna

Tippingpoint 08-16-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by bratnik (Post 3073796)
Hey TP -

So not worth it. You'll regret it, I can 100% guarantee. Live on my mistakes!
Have some soda or anything sweet. I know you will be fine.

-Anna

Thanks Anna!

Drinking a Pepsi and it tastes good - watching a little Dexter to take my mind off of things.

I'm good.

Squishyboots 08-16-2011 07:39 PM

Good job TP! I know I would feel like crap if I drank too. I'm getting some homework done and kiddos in bed. Haven't drank and I'm feeling better finally. Still having a lot of issues that are my triggers, but I am learning to move through them. Sucker punch AV! hahahahaha!

bratnik 08-16-2011 07:55 PM

Great job Squish

Squishyboots 08-16-2011 08:01 PM

How are you doing Brat?:ghug3

bratnik 08-16-2011 08:03 PM

Knew you were cool, TP. :) Love Pepsi!!! And Dr. Pepper.

How is Dexter? Never started the series, but have it on demand if it's good....do you recommend?

bratnik 08-16-2011 08:08 PM

Heyyyy Squish -I'm doing well. :) Glad you are too!!!! can you PM?