SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Whiners Anonymous Pt 53 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/221280-whiners-anonymous-pt-53-a.html)

HumbleBee 03-03-2011 04:35 AM

It's 7 degrees right now with a high of 20 for the day.

Woke up to find a chewed up paper lottery ticket that I left on the counter courtesy of Raven the Shredder.

The drawing was last night.

Will try to piece the shreds together and hold my breath when I check the winning number later on.

If it's a winner, do ya think the lottery commission will buy the same excuse as what I used for homework: "My dog [cat] ate it?"

NOT.

Must go see if my car will even start before I take a shower and "put my face on" to go play doctor today (volunteer).

I use the Heet dry gas to prevent fuel line freeze-ups but it's been consistently cold for toooooooooooooo many days.

RZ,

that donkey-face woman scared the beejeebers outta me. Yowza!

Ann 03-03-2011 04:44 AM

It's sunny outside this morning, I'd hardly know the difference between Florida and the great white north...except the ground is covered in snow, my skin is itchy dry from the dry winter air, and it is about 20F outside. :groan

Today is "restock the groceries" day and laundry day and open and read all the mail day. Queeny will be busy...but warm.

Good morning Whiners, whiny is a shiny does. :dot:

pattenat 03-03-2011 04:51 AM

:c020: I don't like when Zips is not well. Get better Zips! Ur a hellofalot more fun when you're well and chipper.

Here's some chicken soup, get this in ya
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...oodle-soup.jpg

And get better :damnit:

least 03-03-2011 04:56 AM

No whines yet. It's sunny this morning and supposed to be in the forties so a good dog walk is in order.:) I have little to do today so will vac the dog hair and dust and mop the floors. Gotta keep the place clean in case a potential roommate shows up... I'm praying that she does...

Fandy 03-03-2011 06:59 AM

it's only 21 here and windy cold.....like January not March.

RZ, they do make generic versions of theraflu by the wallymart brand..Equate i think. i don't use alka seltzer?

i have much to do today including shopping...i was very pleased to see part of my tax refund show up in my checking account, poof, write a check and its gone.

LovesToTravel 03-03-2011 07:28 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/sks599/17days.jpg

sure would be easier to just put in a link...but I will follow the rulez.

Fandy 03-03-2011 07:51 AM

spring cannot come fast enough! OMG it is bitter cold outside here....even Sammy objected to a long walk....we got about 1/3 of the way through...and he told me it was ridicules, he was not interested and to take him home or for a ride in the car instead.

i agreed. off to start chores and set up my buffet table.

Bamboozle 03-03-2011 03:00 PM

Hmm...hope the pickles I ate were still good...had a slightly different taste. Oh, well.

And there's Twinkies sitting on the table. Twinkies! Why, oh why did mom buy Twinkies! She never buys that crap! Of course I'll have to eat them.

Isis is having fun exploring in the basement. Pretty kitty likes looking in dirty places. She manages to keep all that fur surprisingly clean despite the basement being a disaster area.

Ann 03-03-2011 03:05 PM

Let it be known that I will not be acknowledging one more day of winter! I shall ignore anything white falling from the sky and I shall only live in the belief that spring is in the air...somewhere...there are buds on the trees so it must be true. In my world, spring is where it's at!!! Queeny says :dot:

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2153/springfever.jpg

Hevyn 03-03-2011 03:16 PM

Hi Ho Whineys. Busy day so I didn't get to visit. I need to spend some serious time on SR tomorrow.

Fands - how is your eye? Any bruises?

Bam - I know what you mean - if the stuff's in the house, it haunts us until it's gone.

HumbleBee 03-03-2011 05:01 PM

Why oh Why must people be so negative??!?

There's a volunteer...let's call her Ellen...that's not her real name...alright, yes it is.

You cannot say *anything* without her saying: "No sir"..."that isn't true"..."well, I know"...blah blah blah.

She is the epitomy of negativity.

A description of your own personal urine frequency experience based on your own personal bladder infection would be wrong according to her.

I don't get paid for volunteering...I do it because I enjoy it...however, I've never had to tolerate annoying people for free.

Fortunately, I only see her at lunch. It's an exhausting 30 minutes.

I am doing this:

:a213:

because I think there's real potential here for me.

Ellen mentioned today that she's been a volunteer for 5 years :scared: and they haven't hired her permanently yet despite her attempts. Hmmm.

Welcome home, Ann!

Did you bring Trudy the Tortoise home with you?

I was in Petco today and saw a mini "red-footed tortoise".

Too cute...except that I left Petco and it was still a high of only 18 degrees unlike your tropical FL pal's abode.

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.

Fandy 03-03-2011 05:01 PM

I am not holding my breath waiting for Mr. hevyn secrect Iron Chef recipes...hmmmm????

my eye seems to be fine, no bruising before company comes to visit, TYG!...i drove to the big box store today...and spent $370.00 on entertaining the family...HOLDYMOLY!!! i bought lots of "treats" i know my brother likes...and lump crab meat is $16.98 a lb. sheesh! i got mushrooms, spring mix salad, artichoke/spinach dip, good crackers, stuffing mushrooms, good steaks, chicken for stuffing, veggies, fancy dog treats, dog food, cat litter (46# i can lift it too)!!! fancy feast cases,really nice tee-shirts and new capri sweats to replace the 2 pair that Sammy chewed the crotch out of...talk about one stop shopping! i have to go back to get the planters for my spring flowers and dirt...next week...i want it to feel like SPRING has sprung too ANNie... i was in the store so long i had to use the rest room twice!

i bought myself some gluten free LARA bars...i love them in the morning for my work snacks.

keep your fingers crossed that my Spinach/cheese parm monkey bread works....

and after ALL THAT, they do not have pillsbury crescant rolls????? WTF????

tomorrow is more cleaning and setting up, then my nails and more shopping...i have to go to the liquor store..but i am NOT afraid...i will send the vodka and rum, chianti home with the relatives....fter they drink it.

the nursing home called today too...we have to have a meeting as my mother is declining rapidly..we need to be on the same page for her care....i have medical POA...but i will feel better if my brother participates in the discussion.

we are also emptying my mother's house and getting ready to sell it...if it will sell in this market.

One bright spot today....I bought gas for $3.15 a gallon...that is the cheapest i have seen in 10 days....i saw a long line at the Sams station and jumped in.

HumbleBee 03-03-2011 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ann (Post 2885039)
Let it be known that I will not be acknowledging one more day of winter! In my world, spring is where it's at!!! Queeny says :dot:

Queeny

I loved living vicariously through your tropical escapades but my back is broken from the months of slinging snow, sludge, muck, and sleet.

:c021:

If you have a wand to make it go away now that you're back, bring it on please..............It's been a loooooong winter.

Seren 03-03-2011 05:32 PM

Hugs all whiners! Just driving by....busy, busy, busy, adivsor on my tail, deadlines, deadlines, deadlines!!!!!!! Eeeeeeekkkkk!:scared:

pattenat 03-03-2011 05:45 PM

Well that's quite the proclaimation Ann! Guess that means I better pull out the gnomes and get those winter uglys washed off of them. Mine get bad!
http://www.sourceskill.com/images/gnome.jpg
(This is what I look like toward the end of winter as well!)

Rusty Zipper 03-03-2011 06:15 PM

patt, what size hat to you want?

http://fc00.deviantart.net/images/i/...5/2/b/yoda.gif

sorry bout the scare HB

W.A. Tip

always look out of your corner eyeball when coming to Whiners

thanks for the soup patt

happy to see queenys home and back in whine form

yeah fands, i got some of the el-cheap'o rite-aid brand,

and lemetell, i'm all gased up!!!

when i say i gots to go, i will mean it!!!

lets see how far i can get on todays blab-gab-fest

hell, i have no appetite, though bamm, your Twinkie sounds like a can do

HB, say hey to Hellen for me! lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeew! made it,

and now, I Gots to Gooooooooooooooooooooo! http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs38/f/20...3d53d3a2a5.gif

Manz 03-03-2011 06:45 PM

Hey Whiners!

Autumn is really here, grey skies and humidty.... blardy mosquitos got me just typing now!!!
Why is it so hard to understand "NO Bacon" when someone orders a meal.... and NO you caN'T JUST TAKE IT OFF!!!! I'm a vegetarian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and to top that off the pregnant sister gets her meal nicely accompanied by more than one hair in it.... was too scared to look too closely in case it was slightly curly! :scared:

Wont be going back to what used to be my fav coffee place. :scorebad

Turning the mossie repelllant on, shutting the doors and going to pick up son ..... please let the Friday pm traffic be slightly reasonable!

Laters!

newby1961 03-03-2011 07:09 PM

:welcome back Ann glad you had a safe trip

Hey Pattnet where did you score a picture of my ex:a043:

Okay whiners man have I had a day full of them all the way from a crazed driver and this time it wasn't me:scared:

To frat boy next door up to his friggen banging I am ready to kill this disrespectful twit:headbange

Nite Whiners and can't forget Whiney McGee:rotfxko

GG733 03-03-2011 08:25 PM

It's after 8:PM and I'm getting ready to go to work.......:scorebad

Then again, there's no snow anywhere here, infact, my primulas and pansies are blooming like crazy. I can't wait till my new ****** Lily blooms!

mtnmagic 03-04-2011 01:09 AM

Yes whiner's and whinette's the judge was merciful and for that I am grat...
Oh yeah different thread.

Anyhoo enjoyed your whines, but none out of me tonight cuz this whiner is worn out. Hey maybe I'll sleep. Night all.