SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of January 2010 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/191954-class-january-2010-a.html)

northfork 04-10-2010 10:16 AM

Hey Omega - I know what you mean about missing the past and fretting over the future. That's something I need to work on myself. I also have a problem with regretting the past and things I've done. But for today I'm content with myself.

din 04-10-2010 06:19 PM

3 months here also

made my 90 day mark the 4th :):)

I have been learning a whole lot about myself (and trying to understand parts of the last 35yrs) Its a good thing.........
I am doing my meetings on a regular basis.......doing lots of reading (big book....steps & traditions,and some daily meditations)
I Have a good sponsor..........and I really believe I am heading in the right direction!
but for the first time, I actually think this could be mine......and I could be happy living life this way.
Yes, its really turned into a different way of living and thinking in general

glad to see everyone else here...and wish you guys all the best Sobriety offers!!

AaronK 04-11-2010 12:19 PM

Day 90 for me!!!

I messed up my back at the end of February in the weight room and i've been dealing with shingles for the last three weeks. They are horrible. Beats drinking though.

Krodos 04-11-2010 09:27 PM

I'm around 100 days now myself, still doing well. The voice telling me to drink is getting quieter and has much less influence on me then before. I've had many chances to drink and haven't. I think I have this beat

Krodos 04-18-2010 07:56 PM

I had another dream that I messed up and drank. Wondering if that ever stops... Guess it's only been 3 1/2 months

Dee74 04-18-2010 08:05 PM

It was longer than that for me, Kronos, but not by too much :)
They got less and less frequent - I can't remember the last one now

D

wildart 05-09-2010 08:15 PM

Still around. Still not drinking. It's been 112 days.

Omega10 05-10-2010 06:44 PM

Checking in with the class again. This Friday marks 4 months! On Wednesday I have my annual physical with my doctor. I usually dread going to the doctor, not sure why. But this year I am almost looking forward to it. Almost. I am not looking forward to the 12 hour fast I have to go through before hand, but the bloodwork will be good for me.

Krodos 05-11-2010 10:39 AM

Good to see a few people still around.

I stopped counting the days long ago, I'm over 4 months now though.

Not having too much trouble with it. I do continue to have dreams where I mess up and drink and then am mad at myself... i am quite relieved when I wake up.

I guess drinking was a huge part of my life for 10+ years... probably takes longer then 4 month to get it out of your head.

Omega10 06-09-2010 07:53 PM

Just curious as to how many of us January folks are still out there? Hope you are all doing well!

Krodos 06-09-2010 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Omega10 (Post 2621342)
Just curious as to how many of us January folks are still out there? Hope you are all doing well!

I'm still here.. Looking forward to my big 6 months sober date coming up in about 3 weeks. 6 months sounds like such a great accomplishment... After that. I want to count by years!

Omega10 06-14-2010 06:19 PM

Krodos, it seems like it is just you and I left. Or we are the only two who check in on the thread - I hope it is the latter, and not the former! :)

Tomorrow I will have 5 months under my belt. I lost track of the weeks a long time ago, and lost track of the number of days shortly after I passed 100 and made it into the triple digit days. I'm with you, I would like to break free of counting months, and just move on to the years after I reach half a year.

wildart 06-22-2010 06:07 PM

I'm here, Omega. Still chillin'.

din 06-24-2010 07:30 AM

I'm still here as well :)
hit my 5 month mark the 4th of this month.
Still hitting AA meetings at least 5 times a week......theres more to it than that tho (as I'm learning) gotta work the steps too.
Have a super sponsor :)

My recent undertaking (and its still ongoing btw) is to get OUT OF MYSELF (good lord, I always thought I was a door mat) lol
Instead, I find out I'm a self centered nim~rod who thinks the world rotates around her!! Too funny
(yes, I am finally learning to also laugh at myself)
I have literally learned so much in the last 5+ months that its incredible. About the disease, about myself, about life, about God!
Funny really, I logged in here the 28th (ish) of december, before I had even quit
(the thought was in my head obviously!!) So I guess, one could say SR was my starting stone.............How Cool is that?!!
Hope to make it around a lil more often, to pay it forward when I can. I always think I dont have much to offer, and in reality, you never know who's on the receiving end, and just needed to hear EXACTLY what you had to say.
I thank GOD, I am able to step in and say hey, and that I'm still sober

Have a FAB day SR))))))

Krodos 09-18-2010 10:22 PM

Anyone still around from this class?

8 1/2 months sober now.

Made it through summer time without drinking.. I was concered it would be difficult but I really wasn't put in too many social situations where there was alcohol and also thoughts of me going to the liquor store does not even enter my head anymore.

It is possible the Holidays may have a few temptations.. but I don't see anymore problem there then not drinking while layingby the pool on a beautiful day.

Dee74 09-18-2010 11:25 PM

good to see you're still going well Krodos :)

D

Omega10 09-21-2010 07:42 PM

Hey Krodos, I stopped by the class thread tonight to see if anyone had posted recently. I am happy to see you're still around and staying sober!

I made it through the summer, too. Still have my moments where my head's a bit of a mess, but those moments are getting fewer and further between and it has gotten a lot easier to work through my problems these days. Turning back to alcohol as a coping mechanism rarely, if ever, seems like an option anymore - I'm more used to reaching out for help instead of reaching for a bottle.

Hopefully there are more of us January 2010 folks still out there, too!

AWOL 09-22-2010 05:16 AM

Hi Krodos and Omega and any other January 2010 starters out there!

Started on January 28, and like you have managed to stay dry, although there
have been a few days where I've fantasized about a cold beer or downing a bottle of whiskey. But those moments are evaporating into the mists of my crazy past, and the my insane addiction to the poison of alcohol is fizzling out like damp firecracker. I used to think that "having a bottle in front of me is better than a prefrontal lobotomy." But that's all changed now.

I think one of the best things about sobriety is waking up without a hangover :) and listening to the birds and the sound of the sea in the morning. Sobriety has taught me that anything is possible if you have the will and the faith to do it.

Just one day at a time, anything is possible. :)

din 11-22-2010 10:07 AM

I like it ~ 1 day at a time

checking in ))))

Do we still have any of the class of Jan 2010 around??

I am still learning A LOT.
I am staying open minded.
I now Know the world DOES NOT rotate around me.
I am NOT a bad person.
I've found I DO HAVE the capacity to be honest with myself.

I made the comment last night (to a sibling that "JUST" was made aware of the fact I had quit drinking) that I had been going to AA for the better part of this year...........
and he was like ummmmmmmmmm this is almost the end of the year .........

I just gave him a simple "yea, I know" :c015::c015::c015:

Dee74 11-22-2010 12:29 PM

good to see you again Din - glad things are going well :)
Not sure who else is around regularly, tho...

D