SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December-Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/177166-class-december-part-4-a.html)

ExNavyInHouston 10-02-2009 02:58 PM

I'm still in the the Turks & Caicos ... my boat just got to port a couple hours ago. I'm now in the hotel and looking at a couple hundreds meaningless emails to go through.

Mariposa18 10-03-2009 09:32 AM

Hi Everyone~ Hope you are having a great start to the weekend =)

Warren~ Thank you for the congrats on my 10 months =) I agree with Lisa, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to celebrate with us? You've grown immensely in the past few months, made life changes, that is cause for celebrating. Good Luck with all the house stuff! BTW, will be alone this weekend since Hubby is out of town, any classics you recommend? In the mood for some good movies!

Lisa~ Thanks my Love! You know I appreciate your support =) How are you doing in your new digs? Any plans for the weekend?

Phal~ Nice to see you my Friend! Lots of love and Hugs to you

Charles~ Hope you are enjoying your vacation =)

So like I said, Hubby is out of town, will be until Friday. So it's just me and the Kiddos all week. I took the plunge and joined...wait for it...the GYM! lol If you guys knew how phobic I am about the Gym you'd realize what a huge step this is for me. I'm taking Zumba classes and had 3 free sessions with a Trainer. I'm going to try some different classes next week and have to think about the Trainer. I love the one on one, but sessions are expensive ($50 a pop) and I can't afford that right now. So I'm looking for classes that do both strength and cardio in order to get the most out of my workouts.

I'm doing better emotionally, but I still find myself getting upset over really stupid things. Things that don't and shouldn't matter to me, but they bug me nevertheless. Like when I feel I'm being ignored. I wonder if people are purposely doing it or if I'm just being paranoid. When a "Friend" has been busy every time I suggest to get together since January. It makes me wonder but I don't ask why, I just avoid the issue and not talk to her. I'm sure it's not the best way to deal with it, but whatever. Even here, there is something that's bugged me for MONTHS but I'm too chicken **** to bring it up! Yep...I frequently visit the land of avoidance! lol

Anyway, there is not much else going on =) Talk to you guys soon. XOXO

Gypsy Feet 10-03-2009 11:30 PM

OMG what bugs you here?!?!? Inquiring minds HAVE to know :whisper

ExNavyInHouston 10-04-2009 06:43 AM

I'm home!!!

I may be burning out on diving. I found myself skipping dives this last trip. I need to do so reflecting on this because it is something I love so much. I think I need to cut back and make it special again.

I'm not sure if I mentioned to you guys that my counseling is coming to an end very soon. To make the transition I visited a local Zen Center to learn more about meditation.

I had been interested in Transcendental Meditation since I was a young boy, but when I mentioned they charged $2500 to go through their program a friend suggested the Zen Center.

So I did, and I signed up for a $60 5-part course. I had to miss session 3, but so far I love it. It is so hard to deal with the "quiet time" as your mind races over so many thoughts, but I am doing it. I also bought the book, Mindfulness in Plain English. The book is the PERFECT how to book.

I turn 46 this week. So hard to believe I am now on my way to 50. I feel good, my mind is in much better shape than it was a year ago.

I'm coming to grips and understanding so much about my "whys" and learning to say "So What" more often.

I hope everyone else is finding their way in their minds too.

Pics to follow.

Charles

Gypsy Feet 10-04-2009 08:16 AM

Yay pics! I am finding it hard to incorporate my "next", as so many things appeal to me. That book sounds good, but I have 10 others on my must read list.

I am in such a fantastic spot, but I feel stalled. Some of my ideas are AA (for meeting sober people of recovery mindsets mostly, but peeling another layer back and exposing more Lisa would surely happen in the steps), Meditation/yoga, counseling, and/or digging up the family of origin bs.

The thing is, I'm so freakin tired on this job I'm not sure I have it in me to do anything but work, eat and sleep.

Plus, dating has to figure into my schedule some where, as my physical/sensual side demands it. I'm going on date #2 with a guy today who has potential, fingers crossed.

Last time I was actively dating I was still drinking, and I had a definite air of desperation and recklessness. I made lots of really bad choices. I feel like I am in a much better place, but only time will tell. I have only been in town 7 weeks now, and have already made some choices not to get involved with men who sent out red flags that I would have slept with in the past before deciding, so progress haha.

Glad everyone is checking in. Jess has some pics up of her baby taken at her last ultrasound if anyone wants to see, they are posted in cafe central on the pic thread. I really think you (charles) should have been posting your stuff their all along, there are some mind blowing pictures on that thread and yours are right there too.

Sus, I love you!! The nice thing is, it just keeps getting better babe. We never have to go all the way back to the dark ages again, and we aim for progress, never perfection.

Warren, how can you STAND waiting for news on your project. I would have lost my mind already.

Phal, you work to much so I dont like you anymore.

But I love you, and everyone else in our magic bus~

Mariposa18 10-05-2009 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Classical (Post 2390146)
Did I miss something?????

Warren :a108:

LMAO! No Warren, it's all good, was just being overly sensitive and moody the other day! lol Remember, I'm a Gemini =) hahaha

Oh and I put All About Eve on my Netflix list, should get it in the next few days!

Gypsy Feet 10-12-2009 07:13 AM

I am here!! You can always find me in the codie thread if you miss me too much =)

I found an AA type dude to date, we have made it through 3 or 4. Now if only he has some skill and/or natural attributes. . .:dance4:

ExNavyInHouston 10-13-2009 12:48 PM

I know I promised some pics so here:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...640Pics061.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...640Pics064.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...Grouper640.jpg

Gypsy Feet 10-13-2009 04:22 PM

ok, I have to do what you do charles!!!

Gypsy Feet 10-17-2009 07:53 AM

I have a BOYFRIEND

:funjump::ring:bbj:

ExNavyInHouston 10-17-2009 11:06 AM

Alright on the boyfriend action.

ExNavyInHouston 10-17-2009 11:21 AM

Next July

Alright my friends here is an update.

Life is as good as I could hope for, and I keep looking for new ways to keep it interesting.

I designed this poster below as a way to keep me focused on next July's goal to climb Devil's Tower.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...evilsTower.jpg

I'm thinking of making refrigerator magnets to put all around too.

I want a constant photographic reminder to keep me focused.

The help with my fitness I have joined "Crossfit." If you don't know about them look up some of their work out videos on YouTube.