SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   What's Good Today? Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/169978-whats-good-today-part-2-a.html)

Anna 02-21-2009 03:37 PM

What's Good Today? Part 2

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-today-20.html

SummerSkye 02-21-2009 03:41 PM

Brilliant, I think this thread is great! It really helps to think of something good even if you've been having a bad day. Thanks Chynita this was a great idea:You_Rock_:c011:

Horselover 02-21-2009 07:41 PM

Family game night with some friends and we all laughed until our sides hurt. Who says being sober isn't fun! Sheesh!! :)

allport 02-21-2009 09:56 PM

Where the heck is Chiy?

Come back woman we all miss you!!

SummerSkye 02-22-2009 01:46 PM

Yes Chynita where are you? I hope you are ok?

I managed quite a bit of exercise today, went shopping, walked dog, ate more sweeties, much more productive day than yesterday!

Fubarcdn 02-23-2009 07:34 PM

Today I went to the poker game at the Tally Ho Tavern.
I made it through without drinking but I was bored out of my mind. I won't be going back again but I wanted to make sure I can go to a bar and not want to drink. Now I don't have any desire to go to the bar which was pretty much the extent of my drinking problem.

nelco 02-24-2009 01:16 AM

pancake tuesday today!!!

Impurrfect 02-24-2009 07:21 PM

They caught the robbers who robbed our sister restaurant, and they think it's the same guys who robbed our restaurant...good news!! The scary thing is, I found out one of the guys killed 3 people the day after our robbery. He was a gang leader, and these kids (teens) wanted out of the gang.

I'm feeling pretty darned lucky to be alive, as I'm thinking this is the same guy who pisto-whipped me. I knew him...he actually worked at the other restaurant, for a while.

I'm off tonight, have done nothing but eat, sleep, and hang out on SR.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

espresso 02-24-2009 11:35 PM

Good Today......mild weather (at last) and even got the window open for the first time in months cos it's been so cold!

least 02-25-2009 05:02 AM

Got a good sleep last night and woke up without yesterday's awful anxiety. It's supposed to be warmer today so will be able to give the dogs a good long walk.

Fubarcdn 02-25-2009 08:04 AM

My AV came a calling today and I told him to take a hike.

ToABetterMe 02-25-2009 11:55 AM

Well I'm off work today,
I made $70 last night in tips
And I woke up with out a hang over happyface:

Impurrfect 02-25-2009 07:49 PM

I was busy today, and it was a long day, but I'm glad that I CAN work! I may have to do a little work, tomorrow, but most of the day, I'll have off:)

I drove through the country, today, and saw some beautiful mama and baby horses.

There was a little chaos in my family, tonight, but I was able to stay out of it.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

least 02-26-2009 03:06 AM

Woke up at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep so I watched my dogs sleeping for a while. I get a peaceful feeling from watching them sleep.happyface:

Fubarcdn 02-27-2009 10:38 AM

Today has been great so far. On the way back from the gym there are 5 heavy doors before you reach the mall. It is all underground. We love the underground in Toronto.
Anyways there was an elderly lady with a cane and I held the first door for her and was going to rush off as I would have usually done.
This is more than most of the rude people here would do so I probably would have pat myself on the back for holding one door.
This time I walked with her and chatted with her and opened all the doors for her until she reached the mall.
I know it isn't a big deal but it made me feel good and I am sure she appreciated the help and the company. It is good that I am becoming more caring. :)

least 02-27-2009 10:43 AM

I like that when I'm sober - two weeks today - I can do what I need to do without fear. I also become more caring and compassionate and less selfish.

What's good today is being sober so I can help my neighbor in their need for child care... I even brought their dogs over here for the day!

I am sober today and that is good!

Fubarcdn 02-28-2009 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 2127757)
I also become more caring and compassionate and less selfish.

I am sober today and that is good!

This will be part of the next step in my recovery. You are way ahead of me as people still really annoy me when they do rude things.

Today it is good because the people I love are loving me more and more now that I am not hurting them (mentally) when I am drunk.

least 02-28-2009 10:06 AM

What's good today is that my anxiety seems to be lessening and I woke up sober with my beautiful healthy dogs!

Impurrfect 02-28-2009 12:59 PM

It rained all day and night, but now the sun is out.

Yesterday, was an emotional day, here on SR..two people, I know of, lost loved ones to addiction. It breaks my heart. On another forum, people were bickering because someone's feelings got hurt at the way something was said. After a day of reading, I was emotionally drained.

However, I said a prayer for everyone and I realized that the best I can do is come here, share my ES&H, and spread a little hope.

Every day that I wake up alive and clean...it's a good day. Things may not go the way I want them to, and it may seem like a bad day, but if I can "hit the pillow clean" (as my friend Emmer says" each night, it's been another good day. I just have to keep things in perspective:)

Hugs and prayers!

Amy