SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   What's Good Today? Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/169978-whats-good-today-part-2-a.html)

JustAYak 03-10-2009 05:27 PM

Dogs. :yup:

Aysha 03-11-2009 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 2143678)
I now have ink for my printer!

LO...I know how that feels. I bought ink for the first time in almost 2 years a few weeks ago.
Man..I didnt know how much I missed just having ink in my printer.

I guess today Again Everyone here at SR that has stood by me. Through all my nonsense and then some. Total and complete understanding and support.

And the ones who never gave up on me even when I did on myself.

And heres to another day of trying to make it right.,

lostbutterfly 03-11-2009 03:41 AM

What's good today: I have a job for another day! We're still in business.

espresso 03-11-2009 04:41 AM

A clear blue sky

Fubarcdn 03-11-2009 05:20 AM

Today it is good that one of my esteemed classmates recognized my 60 days sober. I don't count days ( at least not much) because 10 yers from now I don't want to be that guy that says I got 10 years sober, like that is some major lifetime achievement.I think that whole thing is rather sad and counterproductive.
As soon as I am secure in my sobriety I want to move on and not think about alcohol anymore as I have done with meth and weed.

It is good because someone recognized me and my small contribution to this forum.

Impurrfect 03-11-2009 06:05 AM

((Fubar)) - I posted on your thread, but congrats!! I was never that much into days/months/years, etc. but I realize it gives the newbies a lot of hope.

Today is good, because I still have my main job, despite shooting off my mouth. I'm in trouble, but so far so good. Going out to do my 2nd job, even though I'd rather stay in bed:) Recovery has taught me that no matter what happens, I'm going to be okay!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

least 03-11-2009 06:47 AM

What's good today? The sun is shining and it's not raining so can walk the dogs later on. I have no obligations today so will just stay home and clean the house.

Fubarcdn 03-12-2009 10:36 AM

Today it is good that when one of our classmates slip we are there to help them carry on. Coffww qith Slenda is also good. Love that caffiein buzz. :)

adore79 03-12-2009 11:08 AM

The sun is out
Im on SR
Looking up songs from the past that ive forgotten
my dog is at daycare having fun
feeling fine

Happy thursday

Impurrfect 03-12-2009 06:10 PM

I paid off a court fine, and it's my last "legal" fine from my old "crack days":) Got lots of work done, spare keys for my car (that cost a fortune!) and came home to my 3 furbabies waiting for me.

Today was more like spring than summer. We haven't heard from Trish(Chiynita) so she's still in treatment, and that's a good thing, because that's where she wants to be.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Amazonqueen522 03-12-2009 06:24 PM

I have feelings today..........................and there alive and all over the place....

espresso 03-13-2009 07:04 AM

Clear sky, warmer weather and enjoying some time on SR...oh and coffee's good too!

Aysha 03-13-2009 05:18 PM

Thx Amy..But that was short lived.

I guess today all that is good is that I am not high. As bad as I am craving right now. I am doin ok. I hope I hold out.

And the best thing about today is I have SR. Because without it. I would have been long out that door.

Horselover 03-13-2009 06:40 PM

Seeing SR in action and seeing how it helps when needed and when used. That's what was good about my day and oh - son having friend over for sleepover and it going very well so far. ;)

Aysha 03-13-2009 07:18 PM

Sour skittles..Thats whats good.

Horselover 03-13-2009 07:33 PM

Dark chocolate M & M's and chocolate fudge brownies. Yup I am officially a chocolate fiend.

Jules62 03-13-2009 07:59 PM

Being reminded of the goodness of some people here. :)

espresso 03-14-2009 01:44 AM

Great coffee cos it's "breakfast time" and fresh air and lots to do today!

least 03-14-2009 05:40 AM

Waking up snuggled up with my dogs is always a good thing. Watching them enjoy their breakfast makes me feel good too, that I'm taking good care of them - better than I did when I was drinking, for sure.

The good thing today will be going to pk's baby shower this afternoon and seeing her happiness as she unwraps her baby gifts.

And today is supposed to be warmer, a good day to give the dogs a nice long walk.

And, of course, a really good thing is my SR family here whom I love so much.:ghug

Horselover 03-14-2009 06:10 AM

Watching Nate and his friend play so well together even though they (or myself) did not get adequate sleep. I usually hit the hay around 9 pm and we were all up until 11:30 pm. for 6 year olds I think that "may" be a tad late. LOL! They are faring better then me and I am very happy I have my friend, coffee, to keep me company.

Its going to be a GREAT day today! :)