SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   What's Good Today? Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/169978-whats-good-today-part-2-a.html)

Believe808 04-21-2009 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by chiynita (Post 2198979)
I miss my gardenia bush that was outside my window in Florida. I love gardenias.

Gardenias were my Mom's favorite flower. I love the beautiful smell of them. Thanks for reminding me of my Mom today.

Aysha 04-22-2009 01:34 PM

Gardenias are my fav too.

Well..I was only scheduled 4 days this week. Was called in this morning and so I got my full week now. Which I need.
The new job is growing on me. I like everyone I work with. The boss bought us all lunch today because we were short handed and swamped. My last job wouldnt have done that.
So its all good. I will take substance over image any day.

Aysha 04-25-2009 06:17 AM

Today is goin to be a great day outside. Close to 80 and sunny.

I am off today. Goin to hang with the grams. Maybe go find some yard sales and estate sales. One persons junk is anothers treasure.
I collect all the cans and bottles from the rooms I clean.
In 2 weeks I had $20 in cans and bottles. Thats free money and goes right in my vacation fund.
Pain in the butt to return. But worth it to me.

Aysha 04-26-2009 05:22 AM

What wasnt ghood about yesterday. And even tho I have to work today. I volunteered to do it. My phone/satellite/internet got paid yesterday. So my tv will be back on tomorrow. Got an extension to pay my ticket. Broke out the shorts and capris and gold jewel crusted flip flops I bought last year.I love sparkly things. Got a little tan goin on already. BBQ yesterday and again today. Do I need to keep goin? Warm weather is here and life is good.

Horselover 04-26-2009 03:20 PM

Definitely grateful that the weather has changed for the better. I won't even complain about the winds today. LOL! The thing that is great about today is getting back into SR. Need to keep myself into it. I really start thinking scary thoughts when I'm away too long.

Aysha 04-27-2009 02:51 AM

Well..I am goin to reflect on yesterday again.

I was miserable at work. I really hated bein there for some reason. I was tired and no energy.

But when I got home it got better.
We BBQed again at my aunts house. I hung out with both my cousins and lil cousins.
Got to finally give my teen cousins their bday money. I felt really bad when they opened their cards and I couldnt give them anything last week and last month. They dont really care. But I do.
So I squared that away.
I am saving money. I am using any tip money, bottle money and change for vacation funds.
We plan on driving to Charlotte to see my grams brother next spring. And then we will stop in Greensboro to see my people for a day on the way back. I love road trips.
Yesterday was awesome. Played outside with the kids. Just feels great to be outside enjoying life and the simplest things it has to offer.

Fubarcdn 04-27-2009 07:14 AM

I bought a pair of running shoes at a good price and after I wore them I found them so comfortable I bought 2 more pairs so I got 3 pairs for under a hundred bucks and now I don't have to worry about shoes for a couple of years. :)

espresso 04-27-2009 09:24 AM

Being sober.

adore79 04-27-2009 10:29 AM

I've got two dogs to watch today and they are so sweet.

Impurrfect 04-28-2009 04:07 AM

I did some extra work at my 2nd job, last month, and just got the paycheck for that. Then, last night, had a really good tip night at my 1st job. I was driving home, had the money from 3 nights of work from job #1, thinking about how much money I'd have in the bank, when my mind thought of how much crack I could by with all that?!?

The thought was very brief, I told it to "f you" and instantly thought of which bills I could pay on or pay OFF! It feels really good to be responsible with money, after decades of blowing it on whatever the heck I wanted.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Aysha 04-29-2009 05:39 AM

Today I find out whats up with my hernia.
Hopefully I will get a surgery date and know what trhe recovery tiume will be.
It cooled off today. I was freeeezing this morning. And yesterday it was almost 90 and I put the A/Cs in. Today..Like 40..WTF??

Aysha 04-30-2009 12:41 PM

Well..It is not too hot out and not too cold.
Didnt mind bein at work today.
Boss didnt seem to have a problem with me havin to take a 3 week sick leave for sugery the 19th.
And thats about it.

maddie1 05-07-2009 03:02 AM

Good Morning everyone. I hope I can get thru this day. Too many stressors in my life, I haven't had a drink since June 26, 2009. Happy Dance!!

Aysha 05-08-2009 05:18 PM

Got some decent hours at work.
Felt a little better.
Came home and played outside with the lil cuz for a couple hours.
Now just chillin and not goin anywhere.

Aysha 05-09-2009 04:27 PM

Had a nice BBQ at my aunts house with everyone there for my lil cousins bday.
Was nice to just sit on the deck and relax in the nice cool weather.

least 05-09-2009 05:06 PM

What's good today is feeling better now than I did when I woke up this morning.

Aysha 05-10-2009 03:36 PM

Didnt mind being at work today. And got a full day in.
Had steak on the grill for dinner.
And my kitten is starting to come out more.

least 05-10-2009 08:30 PM

Grateful for a happy Mothers Day with my mom and daughter.

Aysha 05-13-2009 12:45 PM

I am glad you had a nice Mothers Day least. You deserve it.

Well..My day has been a very aggravating one. But my grams surgery went well and she came home from the hospital today.
My kittens eye is better.
And I am finally done running around like a maniac like I have been doing for 3 days nonstop.
I can relax and calm down now.

Aysha 05-14-2009 07:13 PM

It was a decent day for once.