SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   What's Good Today? Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/169978-whats-good-today-part-2-a.html)

espresso 04-10-2009 02:51 PM

Congrats Chi on getting a job

Aysha 04-11-2009 02:02 PM

Well..I am so sore again today.
but I didnt have to train another day. I pretty know what to do. So 2nd day and I was on my own.
I like it like that.
No work tomorrow. My cousins wife's gram is making pizza gane. My fav in the whole wide world. I cant wait.

Aysha 04-12-2009 08:07 AM

Well..Its Easter. And I am goin gto my aunts house for family time.
Lots of food. Lots of family. Lots of fun.
My cousins wifes gram is making pizza gane and thats my absolute fav thing in the world.
OMG..It is so good.
That was her present to me for my bday and it rocked!
A little more than a month ago I was banished from my aunts house. Noone was talking to me and I thought this was it. They finally had enough. But I do have a wonderful family that is very forgiving.
SO today will be very special. I have yet another chance to make things right. Nut I am almost positive this is my last.
Have a great holiday everyone.

Aysha 04-13-2009 01:18 PM

Whats up people? Am I the only one with good things today?

Well..I go for my surgery eval the 29th.
Got a good days work in today. I hurt like hell. But it is worth it.
I am still smoke free. And heres to another good day.
And I am going to heat me up some homemade Shredded BBQ chicken. Sweet baby rays..Here I come.

Fubarcdn 04-13-2009 02:54 PM

Hi Chiy.
I was just thinking that I haven't posted on this thread for a long time.
Today it is good that yesterday my eldest son said he was proud of me for not drinking at last nights dinner get together even though everyone else was partaking. I can't remember him ever saying he was proud of me since he was a pre-teen.

Aysha 04-14-2009 05:10 PM

Thats awesome fubar. I know ti made you fill with joy to hear that.

Toady I found out I actually got an excellent reference from my last boss. It made me feel really good.

least 04-15-2009 08:10 AM

Not feeling that great today, but I do get a good feeling from watching my dogs sleeping peacefully on my rug. I take good care of my dogs. That's one thing I know I do right.

Aysha 04-16-2009 12:49 PM

I am home and not hurting at work anymore. No energy at all today.
But I am home and relaxing now.

Believe808 04-16-2009 12:53 PM

Today is the most beautiful day here in New Jersey. Sun shinning, 65 degrees, birds are chirping away and not a single cloud in the sky. Just wish I was near the beach!!!!!

Aysha 04-18-2009 04:30 AM

I wish I was by the beach too.
I guess for now since I just woke up.
I feel a litle bit better than I have the past few days.
I caught that stomach virus that has been goin around and it is awful.
Good thing I work with a bathroom in each room I am in.
But the energy drain and the stomach pain sucks most.
I just want energy.
I feel a little better but we will see when I get to work.

least 04-18-2009 01:53 PM

Pk wanted to walk uptown today to get a few things at the store and wanted me to come too. So I put my little blind boy in his seat restraint and we drove to her house. Then we all walked uptown and back to her apt. It was a good walk and my little boy got some extra exercise. No wonder his blood sugar is always negative, he gets so much exercise.

And of course everyone we passed said how cute he is and wanted to pet him!

Aysha 04-18-2009 06:21 PM

Went out to eat. Went shopping. felt better and today was just nice.

espresso 04-19-2009 04:44 AM

Sunshine instead of rain....rain...and more rain!

JDSOBER 04-19-2009 04:48 AM

Well I slept the whole night through which is different for me I have 4.5 yrs Clean and sober but usually up all night surfing and thinking about something to eat this is like 3 or 4 nights in a row so Iam really grateful for that

SelfSeeking 04-19-2009 05:54 AM

Birds are singing. Turns out there are daffodils in my yard. DAFFODILS! I have no idea what else is going to come up, I just moved here in January.

Aysha 04-19-2009 01:53 PM

We have daffodils too. And a nice lilac tree right in front of my bedroom window.
I miss my gardenia bush that was outside my window in Florida. I love gardenias.
Just nice out and I am off tomorrow. Having pot roast for dinner.

mikefreak 04-19-2009 02:23 PM

I have noticed that music sounds MUCH better, which is kind of cool. Hear notes & things I don't EVER remember. Guess my synapses are reconnecting.......:bananadan

SelfSeeking 04-19-2009 03:07 PM

Off to a good meeting... Gonna see some buddies :) AA is good in my community, I'm glad I hit bottom here. (odd as it sounds?)

least 04-19-2009 04:04 PM

A quiet boring day but was sober so that's good. Had a good lunch with mom and bro and that was fun. Getting ready to feed the dogs their supper then surf or watch movies til bedtime. Not a bad day at all, and sober makes it great!

Aysha 04-21-2009 05:11 PM

Had a great dinner at the aunts house with the whole fam there for my cousins bday.
Then took the dog for a walk and let her roam unleashed and she listens and comes when I tell her. And sits when I tell her and stopps and all that. Freakin awesome!!!
She was chasing my lil cuz around the shed and it was so flippin funny. Then she was diggin like crazy and it looked like a dirtbike shootin dirt from under her. LOL It all flew right on my lil cuz..LOL.
What a great night. Just sittin chillin ..doin not much. Simple things.