SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/163060-class-november-part-2-a.html)

Anna 11-26-2008 03:47 PM

Class of November Part 2

Here is the last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...vember-20.html

Ananda 11-26-2008 05:32 PM

Jig....timmy...come on jump on board!

timzup 11-26-2008 05:41 PM

I will if you don't mind. Sinking ship back there I tell you. This place could use some lifeboats.

Ananda 11-26-2008 05:47 PM

I'll share my life jacket with you timmy

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...7/DSC03774.jpg

colagirl 11-26-2008 05:50 PM

Hey everyone,
Wow, a new part already! What a chatty bunch you Brits are!

Day 2 today and feeling good. Just hoping to get through the holiday and long weekend.

timzup 11-26-2008 05:51 PM

Yeah, good luck with the holiday weekend CG.

Day 2 ? Hang in there Supergirl.

timzup 11-26-2008 05:56 PM

See what the dowg gone dowg done gone done.

(I've actually heard someone seriously say that and I needed treatment to my rib cage from laughing)

colagirl 11-26-2008 06:00 PM

Wow, I can barely read it, can't imagine actually saying it.

JigOvLife 11-26-2008 06:01 PM

Colagirl, if you're always one day ahead of me in the sobriety stakes...I'll be a happy man...enjoy your turkey...
Jig

colagirl 11-26-2008 06:02 PM

Thanks Jig. Let's stay one day apart!

timzup 11-26-2008 06:04 PM

Turkeys always cold in the morning though, don't you think?

wibble 11-27-2008 12:09 AM

Part 2, well done everyone!!!!

Day 11.

Starting to feel different, starting to really get a focus.

Thanksgiving, whats that all about then?
Is it a bit like Boxing day?

Never really understood it

Or LaboUr day

Presidents doo dar I can kinda work out

You wacky Americans with your odd public holidays!

allport 11-27-2008 04:06 AM

Hope all our American Friends are having a lovely holiday, (glad we dont have it though, christmas is enough of a mess on).

Its day 20 for me and i think im becoming a bit obsessive about counting days, there are worse things to obsess over i suppose.

Just wanted to say im feeling good and wanted to thank everyone who posts on these sites for making me laugh and sometimes cry and for saying the things i need to hear. X

wibble 11-27-2008 05:31 AM

Well done allport 20 days is massive!

How many days it for you now Timzup?

JigOvLife 11-27-2008 06:01 AM

Still at war with myself...I'll try not to post today.
If a phone to a drunk is a pistol, the internet's a bloody gattling gun, you wouldn't believe the chaos I caused, online, yesterday. (not here fortunately. SR is sanctuary, in the 'Highlander' kinda usage.) Politics and alcohol...meh!.
Take care, hope to see y'all, sober tomorrow,

Sigh.

Ananda 11-27-2008 06:13 AM

you know i use to drink so i could let out the anger and bitterness...it's weird cause we talk about using to hide from emotions, but I know I also used it to let some out....

As time goes on sober I am having to learn how to acknowledge and express my feelings and stuff without the aid of alchohol. As I'm sure you have all noticed, I am a very angry person...so I need to find ways to deal with wht makes me angry when it is happening so that it doesn't get locked inside and require huge explotions to release!:ghug

wibble 11-27-2008 08:55 AM

I'm facing up to the fact that I need to find a new way to relax, the normal process of drinking until just about being able to stand before going to bed is gone and replaced with this perky, focused, eager wibble... which is wicked apart from i'm now as wound up as a bit of piano wire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus i've burnt my tongue

timzup 11-27-2008 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by wibble (Post 2001478)

You definately, positively, absolutely, certainly CANNOT say you've burnt your tongue without telling the story.

I think that is going to be my observation for today. That it is impossible to explain how you've burnt your tongue without it being funny.
I mean, many other injuries can bring on the sympathy they deserve, but a burnt tongue? It's for laughing at no matter what, from piping hot pizza to a branding iron.

Come on let's have it.

lostbutterfly 11-27-2008 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by wibble (Post 2001478)
I'm facing up to the fact that I need to find a new way to relax, the normal process of drinking until just about being able to stand before going to bed is gone and replaced with this perky, focused, eager wibble... which is wicked apart from i'm now as wound up as a bit of piano wire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't say I'm perky and focused, more aimlessly restless. Can't sit still, but not very good at doing anything meaningful. Even my fingers are restless, which is good for typing!

And wound up, bloody hell. I'm am so tense, I'm like a ninja, lol!!!

Do I want to know how you burnt your tongue, Wibble?

Nands - you, angry? Can't imagine it. You seem so chilled.

FizzyWater 11-27-2008 12:33 PM

If Wibble ain't going to tell us then we'll have to make it up.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story so ............

He went for a sunbed and fell asleep with his mouth open !!!!!

lostbutterfly 11-27-2008 01:17 PM

I wonder if his teeth got a tan? Most people go for the white look in that department! Wibble likes to be different tho!

timzup 11-27-2008 03:17 PM

Was sleep-walking and mistook a soldering iron for a lollipop?

wibble 11-27-2008 03:19 PM

Sorry chaps and chappessessssesses

Been in IKEA, am now proud owner of many things I don't need

Burnt tongue on hottest chilli known to man

This follows burning roof of mouth last week on hottest curry known to man

Will Wibble ever learn?

No

thats the answer you are looking for

Anyway

Day 11, done!

Can't believe how i used to find time to drink, I've never been as busy in my life.

Hows everyone doing?

Everyone hanging in there?

timzup 11-27-2008 03:20 PM

Day 11 ! Get in there !

rubycanoe 11-27-2008 04:04 PM

day 19

HI,
I started the day out grateful and posted in the gratitude thread. The last half of the day has been pretty bad. Actually this whole week has been one of the worst weeks of my life. Sunday night my husband was drunk and said some really really mean things to me. At work a couple people have been really rude. I have been crying every night. Sobbing. My dad is very sick and dying, we had a family meeting yesterday and my one sister is saying I said something I did not say (lies) and now she has cut off with me and my entire family (husband and kids) as she is with all of my other siblings except one and my Mom. She wrote a bunch of lies about me and my other sister lies about me. The only support and kindness I have is from my Kids, and husband has been better the rest of the week when he saw how depressed I am. I know 2 of my sisters love me, and my Mom loves me a little, my Dad really loves me though, we are very close. He is my hero. I am so proud of him in his struggle with his alzheimers and other illnesses. Anyway , I guess I have some gratitude left after venting!! I didn't drink !! I still have a few people in my life who love me, and I will continue to be kind and be the best person I can be and know my God loves me, and I won't let anyone ruin that relationship!!

colagirl 11-27-2008 07:05 PM

Ruby :ghug3

I'm really proud of you for staying sober through all of that. I've started up before over far less! I hope things calm down for you a bit.

Good job to everybody else too! Everyone is doing just great here, I feel like the ******* stepchild of the November class. Still a cardholding member though - day 3 today! Got through Thanksgiving with my family.... it was actually pretty nice although I did feel a little overwhelmed with anxiety a few times. Wanted to buy wine on the way home, but reminded myself that I want to put sobriety first now. Hoping to have a calm rest of the night watching TV.

Dee74 11-27-2008 07:13 PM

have a good night CG :)

D

wibble 11-27-2008 10:07 PM

Ruby its absolutely massive that you didn't drink. You sound like you are having such a rough time at the minute, but through it all you are managing to stay off the booze. Proud of you. Well done.

CG, you aren't the ******* step child of the class. If this was easy then we wouldn't need things like AA, SR etc . I've had so many false starts this year its incredible but you've just got to keep learning from your mistakes and keep moving forward. Day 3 is huge, just keep yourself strong and get through the weekend. Do whatever you have to do to get through the weekend. Post on here 24/7, go to a meeting. Whatever it takes just keep ploughing on!!!!!

wibble 11-27-2008 10:12 PM

Wow this class is coming to a close, its been a crazy month hasn't it? I've had more ups and downs then I thought you could pack into 4 weeks!!! I'm proud to say i'm on the up though now. Day 12 is here and despite waking up at 5am I feel really focused.

I can't believe I used to achieve anything while I was drinking, I know I'm trying to keep myself busy but I don't seem to have a spare second. How on earth did I find time for my 6pm cut off (after that I couldn't do ANY work whatsoever and would just sit & drink) and the crippling hangovers that meant I was useless until mid-day.

I don't want to get mushy but I'm so grateful to everyone on here. SR has made such an amazing difference in my life.

colagirl 11-27-2008 11:07 PM

I agree, Wibble. Even though I've had a lot of ups and downs lately, if I didn't have SR I can't imagine where I would be.

I think this is the most popular class since July. We should all keep it alive!