SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/163060-class-november-part-2-a.html)

timzup 11-28-2008 07:08 AM

"Failure is not in falling asleep in your chow mein, Failure is in not getting back up"

Chinese take-away Proverb

lostbutterfly 11-28-2008 07:33 AM

I have wanted to get hammered all week Wibble. The other day, I had the Sobriety Calculator up on my computer at work - the one that works out your sober time in days, hours, minutes and .... heartbeats!

I was checking it every 2 minutes, or 150 heartbeats. It's like a hunger right in the pit of my stomach. I don't like it. Make it go away, someone. Where is nands and her wisdom when you need it?

wibble 11-28-2008 07:35 AM

I've been ok all week, little spits and spots of cravings but Today has been horrific

God only knows what i'm gonna be like by this evening!

I can't look at the sober time thing...it just depresses me!

timzup 11-28-2008 07:40 AM

Cool, I've got a sponsor

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...up/9764967.jpg

wibble 11-28-2008 07:46 AM

father jack is the man!!!!

timzup 11-28-2008 07:50 AM

You know it.

Go on Wibbs, take his brandy off him.

wibble 11-28-2008 08:17 AM

FoOk that!

He be hard!

I appear to have gone a bit pirate!

Ananda 11-28-2008 09:11 AM

hey guys!!!!! well i read and was so uplifted today...then it ends up everyone is craving like crazy..... :(

NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURRENDER.....

Ok...a little tip from me to you....I had a couple of rough patches this year...wanted to drink sooooooo bad.....or was scared I would...not real sure.

YES...aa and a spirtiual path are my long term solution to my problem, but....sometimes i get in those spaces where those tools seem to not work...so WHITE KNUCKLE IT!!!!!

It is at times like those that I have to remember a slip isn't just about starting over it is russian rulet!!! Will that one drink be the one where I end up killing myself however...suicide, car wreck, dangerous situations????

We have to stay alive in order to get and stay sober....

Sorry this is long...one time I just sat in my car in a hotel parking lot after stalking my sponsor and going through my phone list thinking of why I couldn't call each person on the list...sucked. Next time I knew that again I wasn't going to call my sponsor or anyone else (thing about a man in the program)...wanted to was afraid i would drink so baaaad...I came to SR, went in the chat room, grabed someone I knew a little and blurted it all out to her.

If any of you ever want to drink and I am on the list above please pm me to ask me to chat and I will go chat...you can click on an individual's name and do a private one and spill your guts....

I knew those nights that if I drank it might be like the last time that ended up being 8 years and i thought i'de never make it back...if i drink i am comitting not to one night but likely for years to come or even to death.

OK...have i Killed the thread now? :)

timzup 11-28-2008 09:14 AM

Certainly not killed the thread. Nands, that gets my vote for post of the month. Thanks.

Ananda 11-28-2008 09:15 AM

wibs logged out :(

Pixy1 11-28-2008 09:23 AM

Thank god you are keeping this thread going! I agree with LB & Allport, I need somewhere to belong sober or not. We all kinda know each other aswell.

As you all know I'm struggling but I am going to do this! I know thats what alcoholics say but I'm trying so damn hard every day!

WIBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know its hard and I know I'm a fine one to talk but please stick with it. This will pass! focus on how u will feel in the morning and how proud you will be of yourself. Post post and post again ok?

timzup 11-28-2008 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by ananda (Post 2002534)
wibs logged out :(

Calm down nands, Wibbs wouldn't just log out in a huff. Probably just burnt his tongue again.

Pixy1 11-28-2008 09:26 AM

He will come back!

Ananda 11-28-2008 09:30 AM

LB is gone too...maybe we can start a rumor!!!!

Pix...good to see you again! Yep you belong here!!!! and as the months roll by you will all still be the class of November regardless!!!!! And such an inspiration!

I know you are giving this all you have pixy and it inspires me. My brother is struggling right now and you give me hope....thanks so much!!!

Pixy1 11-28-2008 09:34 AM

I do??

It's dinner time, they have prob gone to have something to eat.

I have to pop down the stables and feed the ponys, back in a bit x

lostbutterfly 11-28-2008 09:36 AM

Thanx nands. And for your offer to chat. I agree, white knuckling when all else fails!!

IO Storm 11-28-2008 10:31 AM

Hey class! Popped in to read for a sec...whoah Nelly. I've certainly been down

this road before too, so many times. So, how have I put together two and a half

years? A day at a time. Not giving up or giving in..

And relying on support! You all have it here... :ghug2:

Hang with each each other class...

colagirl 11-28-2008 11:40 AM

Hey everybody, just woke up (11:30 - sheesh!). Wibbs, I hope you're getting through the day okay, come back and post and let us know how it's going!! I know you can do it.

Pixy - of course you belong here!! How are you doing?

Nands - thanks for your post, that was amazing.

Hugs to all... :ghug2

Pixy1 11-28-2008 12:52 PM

Wibbs not back yet??

CG :ghug3

colagirl 11-28-2008 01:00 PM

Pixy!! :Val004: Good to see you!

Wibbs?