SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude Part 119 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/460822-morning-gratitude-part-119-a.html)

Numblady 10-26-2022 05:05 AM

Alpine, good luck with all you have going on this week. And congrats on the offer being accepted! That is big.

Grateful conference finishes today and that our presentation seemed very well received.
Grateful to get to watch a couple of presentations in between duties yesterday and get some CLE credit in the process.
Grateful I slept late enough for the coffee shop to be open. This is the hotel that did not have coffee machines in the rooms the last time I was here—but the coffee shop didn’t open until 6:30. Well, this time they have machines in the room but when they refreshed my room yesterday they gave me ALL DECAF. Cruel and inhumane if you ask me. Oh wait, Im in gratitude thread.
Grateful for some talented speakers.
Grateful for all who post and read here.

Free2bme888 10-26-2022 06:08 AM

Grateful for all of you
Grateful we made it safely to our friends lake house
Grateful youngest hung out with golfing two days ago, no pars, but a lot of bogies
Grateful I only lost two balls in the Bermuda grass that day, the previous day was 5
Grateful for a nice breakfast today, and ccccoooofffeeeeeeeee 😜☕️☕️☕️☕️

https://i.postimg.cc/0rgDsQx3/833-C9...-E3-D0-FDA.jpg

tursiops999 10-26-2022 09:30 AM

Grateful for this beautiful sunny, still fall morning.
Grateful for a good talk with a friend over lunch.
Grateful for friends who support me in my volunteer work, and encourage me to not be hard on myself. I always second-guess things I say in committee meetings, but my friend reassured me.
Grateful for a few quiet days ahead.
Grateful for my comfortable little home and yard.
Grateful for hot tea and food in the frig.
Grateful for the GP.

Hevyn 10-26-2022 09:30 AM

Free - That looks lovely, but where's the other half of your bagel? ;)
Alpine - Yes, it was me asking about the house. :)
PalmerSage - A bedroom mantle - that must be lovely.
CBS - Have the most wonderful time at the beach.
Grateful for the unseasonable warmth, even if some bugs have returned.
Grateful MrH uses his grill year round. (Even when it snows.)
Grateful when I form my own opinion rather than being led by others.
Grateful for our group here - and all of SR. It would feel strange to not have this comforting place.

lmvalentine 10-26-2022 09:49 AM

I am grateful my sponsor was honest and knocked my snarky attitude off my high horse last night.
Grateful I’ve calmed down and downloaded a document correctly.
Very grateful my daughter opened her living space to me after my last alcohol fiasco.
Grateful for a higher power that has kept me alive for something.
Grateful for SR and all of you.

FBL 10-27-2022 04:01 AM

Grateful that both Mom and Fran are feeling better these days.

Grateful for a couple more days with the little doggie Diesel.

Grateful for another day sober.

Numblady 10-27-2022 04:29 AM

Grateful to see ImValentine and glad your daughter shared her living space.
Grateful to be home and that tonight I can even sleep in my bed (last night was on air mattress because folks are still here).
Grateful we have a day off. I’m hoping to use it to focus on my divorce paperwork, along with cleaning and going to therapy and hopefully a nap.
Grateful for coffee so much.
Grateful for this line in a song probably many of you know: “I’m not expecting to grow flowers in the desert. But I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime.”
Grateful my dog is home. I don’t know that she really learned much of anything and I’m feeling totally discouraged I can ever get her under control, but still so happy she’s a sweet girl most of the time and happy to be home.
Grateful to be growing even if progress feels slow at times.
Grateful for all of you.

Alpine 10-27-2022 04:53 AM

Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful my one dentist appointment is done
Grateful we went to the viewing last night. My FIL looked very peaceful
Grateful for all of the leaves
Grateful my mouth does not hurt anymore
Grateful for all of you

CBS62 10-27-2022 05:59 AM

(((Alpine))) I am glad the your FIL looked peaceful. I am glad your mouth doesn't hurt anymore. I can relate, I have had so much dental work in the past year.
NL I hope you enjoy your day off and get a nap. Also happy your conference went wel
IMvalentine it's good to see you here.
FBL I am glad Fran and your mom are well.
Hev I love Indian Summer days.
Free I am glad you are enjoying your golf. It's not all about winning but having fun. That is what I tell myself about tennis.

Grateful we made it safely to the beach.
Grateful for my remote office with a view of the ocean!
Grateful for the pelicans.
Grateful we stopped at a gluten free bakery on the way and bought lots of GF stuff. Chicken pot pies, pumpkin loaf, blueberry muffins, brownies. Yum. I must do a lot of walking to earn all this deliciousness. No where better to walk than the beach. My happy place.
Grateful for my sobriety. After 22 months of sobriety I still think about the habit of making cocktails, usually bloody mary's, when I get to the beach. But last night we had ginger beer and soda and then tea. Old habits die hard.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Grateful the sun is trying to peak through the clouds.
https://i.postimg.cc/YSLqnFLG/IMG-2609.jpg

lmvalentine 10-27-2022 07:16 AM

Numblady that line is from one of my favorite songs from the 80’s. Thank you for reminding me of it. Now I will YouTube it and keep it on my playlist. Glad you are home safe. I would have had more than a bottle of wine at the shelter.

I’m grateful my son and I very slowly edged into a family dynamic issue yesterday. I have a large resentment that has been going on for years. I hadn’t thought it was a resentment but it’s huge. I can’t stay in denial anymore.

I’m grateful I have a roof over my head and very grateful I can get away when chaos starts here at my daughter’s.
Her 4 and 6 year old girls don’t have school until Monday and I get super stressed in chaos.

Have a good day everyone.

Hevyn 10-27-2022 10:53 AM

I'm glad to see you too, Imvalentine. :yup:
CBS - Thanks for the lovely water.
Grateful for an early morning ride up into the hills - lots of color still on the trees.
Grateful for the life of my old friend who died last night of esophageal cancer. I have lost so many dear friends to cancer - including a few here at SR.
Grateful - I will be - when all the political ads are over with. :) Grateful to have the privilege of voting, though.
Grateful for YOU, dear GP.

tursiops999 10-27-2022 12:42 PM

Hev, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. :grouphug:
Alpine, thinking of you on the loss of your FIL, and going through the mourning rites.
CBS, glad you're getting a little remote work break at the beach.
Imvalentine, glad you're here.
FBL, grateful that Fran and your mom are feeling better.
NL, agree that Decaf only is cruel and inhumane. The nerve!
Grateful that I was able to motivate to go paddling this morning. The fall mornings can be so beautiful -- crisp and clear, no wind, flat calm water.
Grateful to meet with friends this afternoon to work on our ballots.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.

Alpine 10-27-2022 03:08 PM

Hevyn, so very sorry for the loss of your friend.

least 10-27-2022 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by FBL (Post 7864342)
Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for the sight of snow this morning.

Grateful that FBL is giving a tribute our own Rusty Zipper. RZ always changed to that avatar this season. :).

Thanks Paul. :hug:

Numblady 10-28-2022 03:49 AM

Grateful for least reminding me of FBL’s tribute to RZ. And to see least!
Grateful I made it to my meeting last night, even though I was kind of wrapped up in myself, which is the wrong way to be in a meeting. I still got a lot out of it.
Grateful for therapy yesterday. Having a tough time just feeling overwhelmed, unsettled, and ineffective.
Grateful I let myself just go get a milkshake (and other unhealthy food) and run an errand I wanted to run yesterday. Sometimes get so attached to my to do list.
Grateful for how fancy slide making software is now. It designed a lot of my slides for me for my presentation.
Grateful I have the tools to advocate for myself, even if they go unused a lot.
Grateful I can vote.

Alpine 10-28-2022 04:04 AM

Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful we have the house inspection today
Grateful I slept well last night
Grateful for Mr. A and Riley pup

Alpine 10-28-2022 04:10 AM

]https://i.postimg.cc/Pr4Nb6CH/311503...68535253-n.jpg[/url]

FBL 10-28-2022 04:51 AM

Grateful to remember dearly departed friends and family as a part of them will always live on in my heart.

Grateful for all of you!

Free2bme888 10-28-2022 05:23 AM

Grateful to have two HORRIBLE nights sleep in a row, helps me appreciate the good ones
Grateful we left friends house early, I couldn’t sleep after 0330 when host decided to watch to watch TV on the wall behind our headboard
Grateful to be headed home 🏠
Grateful I sat with uncomfortable feelings yesterday and spoke with husband a little while ago about it
Grateful fast food places have coffee early
Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful for an AMAZING dinner last night with friends

CBS62 10-28-2022 05:44 AM

Safe travels Free. I hope you get some good sleep once you get back home.
Hev I am so sorry about the loss of your friend.
Alpine good luck on the house pursuit.
least so good to see you here again!
Turs glad you got to enjoy paddling yesterday.
NL I am glad you were able to have therapy. I am trying a new one, finally, next week. It has been so hard to find one that is not booked and is a good fit. Fingers crossed.

Grateful to be at the beach, my happy place.
Grateful this Airbnb has everything we need.
Grateful we have plenty of food.
Grateful we are going to go try out a new greenway this morning for a long walk. It is high tide at the beach so it is hard to walk on the thick sand.
Grateful for my sobriety. 680 days.
Grateful for a beautiful sunrise this morning.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
https://i.postimg.cc/wv2Cb5Ng/IMG-2618.jpg