SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude Part 115 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/458574-morning-gratitude-part-115-a.html)

ClearPath64 05-15-2022 07:08 AM

Well darn NL, I was hoping that your recuperation was going as well as mine. I'm starting to think that inactivity was contributing to my slow healing, as counterintuitive as that might sound. I still had some nagging aches and pains yesterday, but HAD to get the yard work done (or else bring in an army of goats, as CBS suggested.) Was exhausted by the end of the day yesterday, but woke up today with no back pain whatsoever. Go figure. I've been getting a little lazy in retirement, so I clearly need to address that. I certainly hope that you get back to normal soon.

Palmer, thanks for your kind words and I enjoy reading your posts as well. There's so much positivity flowing through this place. I'm so glad that I have incorporated this forum into my recovery plan.

Grateful for the thunderstorm that is currently blowing through. I love the sound of thunder and rain. And the cooler temperatures that are accompanying this storm. However, if the power goes out, I'll change my tune quickly.
Grateful for this crazy cat that loves having the windows up when the temps are cool. Catnip for her. Endless entertainment.
Grateful to be getting my feet under me after a few very shaky months. I'm back where I need to be, with the people that I need in my life.
And, of course, grateful for my coffee. That seems to be a pretty consistent theme here. I love the whole bean coffee, which I grind every morning before it goes into the machine. Love to stick my nose in their right after it's ground and breath it in.
Grateful to share this journey with all of you.

tursiops999 05-15-2022 09:37 AM

CP, thanks for the reminder about activity helping with aches and pains ... on my recent road trip I was not as active as I normally am (lots of hours driving), and now I feel all sluggish and sore. Time to get moving!
Grateful for a lovely time with my rambunctious grandson, almost 2 yrs old. He's taken to yelling for things he wants, which is funny, but we're gently working on manners.
Grateful for my daughter-in-law, who welcomes me into her life & home so generously. Grateful to be able to support her while baby #2 is on the way.
Grateful for plans to talk with my sis by phone, and to go to an outdoor neighborhood concert with a friend. So grateful to have a few people in my life.
Grateful for the GP. Grateful for our stealth "grati-whines" that we sneak in. :lmao

CBS62 05-15-2022 11:20 AM

Brit bird You totally deserve the lip stick! I have an Ap "I am Sober" that tracks the days, months , years of sobriety and how much you save by not buying alcohol based on what you spent a day on average. For me it was a decent bottle of wine or two a day. So far I have saved $12,850! I don't shop a lot but when I do I have no guilt anymore.
Alpine the canoe trips sounds wonderful. As I have said before nature is my church.
CP64 We are glad you are here. Gratefulness is a big part of my recovery too. Even though my PAWS symptoms drag me down, still I try really hard everyday to think of at least a few things that I am grateful for.
Turs I love your term "stealth grat whines" I definitely incorporate that and hope people don't mind.

Grateful my husband helped get my garden ready this morning. Now time to plant the cucumbers and herbs I bought yesterday.
Grateful my daughters are going to speak at my mother's Celebration of Life. I don' think I can do it. I am terrified of public speaking and I am afraid I will get too emotional to be able to say what I want to say. I feel guilty about it though. I have prepared a slide show of photos of my mother over the years with music. Maybe I can at least get up and talk about that before I start it?
Grateful for warm weather and sun today.
Grateful for leftovers.
Grateful I only have 2 more days of antibiotics.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Fearlessat50 05-15-2022 11:41 AM

Grateful to check in.
CBS, love the sober app idea. I’ll check out
Turps, I’m so glad you are able to stay close to your in laws and grand babies
Numblady, I hope your back heals quickly
Hi Clearpath, such a positive post 😊
CBS, glad your daughters will speak. I felt terrified at my Dads service too. I did the eulogy anyway. I almost backed out and I had two back ups in case that happened. I read mostly from what I had written, cried a little but it went well. I think people are so supportive and understanding at funerals. If you do speak, hope you can remember that and just speak from the heart. That’s what it’s about. But if you don’t speak, totally understandable too.
palmer, good luck touring the assisted living place
I’m sure I’ve missed some things. Been so distracted. Thank you for all the support. Sonny boy seems better, then not. We can’t get in for PT until next Friday so we are encouraging home exercises. There is a complex problem underlying his symptoms and it may or may not be related to his being on the spectrum. I feel like it probably is connected. I’m grateful that at least he is in a cheerful mood and he is back on discord with his friends
Grateful for cough and cold medicine. I had a high fever which is now gone. This has now gone to a bad chest cough that is sometimes uncontrollable. It’s wiped me out too. Such fatigue. So I’ve got to keep getting rest and water and get better!
Grateful for Mr F being helpful

PalmerSage 05-16-2022 04:16 AM

Has anyone heard from Least or Aly? I feel like I haven't seen them in a while. Hope Hev is having fun at the beach!
Fearless, so happy you're continuing to check in. Thinking of you, and happy that your sweet boy is back on Discord and your husband is being helpful.
CP, that's an awesome description of your coffee ritual.
Turs, your SIL and grandson sound like such gifts - I know Mr. T would be so happy to see it.
CBS, I love that you say nature is your church, it inspires me to get out there more. I'm surrounded by natural beauty, but so rarely venture into it.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I was able to be there for my mom yesterday. Once again, we went through her People magazine and talked about the celebs we recognized (or I should say, I talked but she seemed to really enjoy it). Grateful my husband went to the senior living tour with my dad, and reported back on my dad's lack of a sense of urgency and just overall denial. Grateful it prompted me to reach out to a company that specializes in navigating elder care. It would be so great to get an objective assessment of where my mom is with her dementia and what we can provide, versus what a facility could provide. And then I also wonder about the disruption of moving and adjusting to a new setting, and how that could set her back even further - plus depression and reduced mobility. Sorry, I definitely snuck in some whining but you guys get it.
Grateful for great takeout last night from a local place we haven't been to in a while.
Grateful it's a telework day.
Grateful to have the cleaning service coming this week, so long overdue.
Grateful to feel mostly level-headed and able-bodied.
Grateful to be sober.

Numblady 05-16-2022 04:23 AM

Fearless, I am so sorry for you being sick. Hope you can get medical attention if needed and get back some of your strength.
Turs, grati-whine. Love it!
CBS, agree with Fearless you should not feel guilty whatever you decide. I love Fearless’ approach of the back up plan if you decide to speak.
PS, I definitely share in the feeling of entitlement to food. I’ll work on it … eventually.
CP, love the positivity in your post. So glad you are here.
Hi to everyone else and happy Monday!

Grateful for decent sleep. Wanted more of it but alas. Must make donuts.
Grateful we are having a team retreat today.
Grateful my husband was able to borrow a friend’s car while his is out of commission. The logistics of two kids, two adults (one with a VERY active social life) and one vehicle was getting pretty complicated.
Grateful my son harvested all the potatoes yesterday. Holy crap there are a lot of potatoes. It was just too stressful watching them scorch in the sun. Now we’ve made way for the zinnias that were trying to poke through. They will be happier in the blistering heat.
Grateful my son told me he wants to get a real job and earn some money. Hallelujah. We’ll have to see if he can pull it off while in high school but hopefully he can find some projects here and there for now.
Grateful for a day to (hopefully) keep my ego in check, listen for miracles, and try to be of service.

ClearPath64 05-16-2022 04:30 AM

Grateful for a beautiful day, which will be spent with my 3 year old granddaughter. Playground, dollhouse, and who knows what else. Always a joy to spend time with her.
Grateful to have been able to help out my daughter yesterday by driving around town and picking up baby formula, which is in short supply.
Grateful for a few peaceful moments this morning, reading a chapter in my recovery book, reading posts on SR, and actively working on my recovery.
Grateful for my life and my sobriety.

Britbird80 05-16-2022 04:33 AM

CBS please do not feel guilty about being unable to speak at the funeral. Its an incredibly tough day and I'm sure your mum would not want you doing something you feel uncomfortable with. I didn't speak at my mums, I didn't think I'd be able to and I was right, there's no way I could have done, its a personal choice and many people just can't do it and some feel able too so please don't beat yourself up about it. Its lovely your daughter will be speaking and I'm sure she will do your mum and you proud. I'll check out the website thanks 😊 will be helpful to see what I'm saving! Although annoying to see what I've wasted but that's in the past now, lipsticks aplenty from now on lol.

grateful to have been motivated to get lots of jobs done this morning.

grateful we've some lovely weather coming this week, long may it continue.

Grateful for chocolate and coffee! I'm lazy and make instant although I do get the nice stuff but I'm thinking of doing it properly as it always smell so absolutely amazing in the supermarket. I'm the only coffee drinker so guess I can get a little one for myself.

Grateful to be sober and to feel this is what normal feels like now! 135 days done.

Grateful for finding SR and this thread in particular.

Have a good day all.

Alpine 05-16-2022 04:52 AM

CB, the outdoors is a church to me/us too. It is where I am most a peace.
Grateful to go for a walk along Lake Ontario, it was so calm and the water was very clear. Very pretty
Grateful Mr. Alpine and I got some fabric and started to cut it out to make bags for our paddles
Grateful for a calm peaceful weekend
Grateful for visiting with my SIL and BIL. What a change from trying to "visit" with my sister. There are actually families that are nice and talk to each other
Grateful for my sobriety, I have been having some urges for whatever reason but remain focused
Grateful I am coming up on 4 months which I know is not very much but it is a start
Grateful to be seeing Riley curled up on my old rocking chair, this is a chair my Grandfather had and used to rock me in while he read me books

FBL 05-16-2022 05:20 AM

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.

Fearlessat50 05-16-2022 06:02 AM

4. months is awesome Alpine! Congrats!
Palmer, totally ok - a little bit of whining is always ok here mixed in with grats 😊 I think it’s important to both acknowledge the difficulties in life and find the positives and be grateful
Numblady, I love zinnias. I have not yet had a chance to work on the flower/garden bed and who knows if I’ll get to it this year. If not, I’ll give myself a break
Least should be moved in to her CA apt by now but I have not seen her. I have not been as active on the other threads though. Hopefully we will see her soon. Aly is taking a break from morning thread

Grateful for cough medicine. I slept really well. This morning still coughing and sound like marge on simpsons . Slowly in the mend. Grateful I can work from home. The meeting I have today I will keep my camera off and use chat
Grateful to have an open discussion with sonny boy last night about what’s going on. Grateful he trusts us and we have a good relationship. Grateful for progress. Not sure yet if he will go to school today or do independent study.
He is eager to get back to school. Grateful for that
Grateful for coffee
Grateful to be getting back to normal

Free2bme888 05-16-2022 06:45 AM

Brit, congrats on 136!

Grateful to post quickly
Grateful for coffee
Grateful to wake up on own to make cookies for excavator, the cookies are ugly, but taste test passed!
Grateful for sobriety
Grateful for all of you

No FOMO on Encanto, will have to check it out
NL, praying for your back pain resolution

tursiops999 05-16-2022 09:31 AM

Fearless, I'm glad you were able to talk with sonny and that you're feeling there is some progress. I hope your cough eases soon and you continue to rest and feel better.
Palmer, good job finding the company that specializes in navigating elder care ... it's so tough to know the right thing to do. It's kind of like the 'frog in boiling water' thing ... I think it's really common for a parent to just go along day by day, not really realizing how much things are changing and that it's no longer safe.
CBS, please be gentle with yourself and know that really anything is ok at a funeral ... it's not a performance, just a time to support each other. I wasn't really able to speak at Mr. T's funeral, just read a short poem, and cried the whole time. Our little group understood, and it all worked out ... people who could speak, spoke, some of us were quiet, but we were together in spirit, which is all that matters.
Grateful for a lovely outdoor driveway concert yesterday, and sharing an outdoor pizza with a couple friends who also dropped by the concert. Never again will I take for granted little pleasures like this, that covid made so difficult to come by.
Grateful to be sleeping well while weaning myself off OTC sleep aids. Time to bite the bullet. It's been almost a year since Mr. T's death, and I feel my nervous system is finally calming down again ... took a really long time. I'm so grateful it is finally calming down.
Grateful to make plans to go see my sister next month, even though flights have become crazy expensive.
Grateful for the dear grati-whiners!

CBS62 05-16-2022 03:04 PM

Thanks for all the support about my speaking or not speaking at my mo0m's Celebration of Life. I will try not to beat myself up about it and just see how it goes.

Grateful for a little rain in my vegetable garden.
Grateful that running the staff meeting went smoothly today.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for the support thread on Benzobuddies for people like me that suffer from boaty dizziness this far into sobriety (and giving up Benzos).
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Alpine 05-16-2022 05:55 PM

Turs, you are beyond amazing to me. Thanks for sharing, you are truly a beautiful person. If you were here..I would love to give you a huge hug then sit and enjoy your company while looking at the view,

Alpine 05-16-2022 05:57 PM

CB, thanks again for your support

Free2bme888 05-16-2022 06:25 PM

Stealth Grat Whines. Let’s copyright that 😍

PalmerSage 05-17-2022 03:53 AM

Turs, that's such an important thought, that funerals aren't performances and everyone should come as they are. Love that.
Fearless, the fact that your son wants to ease back into school is such a great sign. So wonderful that you have such a trusted relationship and he feels supported. Also, thanks for the update on Least and Aly.
BB, way to go on your sober time - it's happening!!!
Alpine, I love my SIL and BIL on my husband's side too! More like bonus siblings at this point. :)
Free, the excavator is so lucky that you woke up to make him cookies - I guarantee that's a rare occurrence for him! ;)
NL, yay! A job! And I had to laugh at "one with a very active social life" - let me guess who...
CP, I love 3 year olds, they're like very advanced babies, the absolute cutest!

Grateful for coffee (VERY strong, yikes).
Grateful I donated a bunch of stuff at the thrift store yesterday, I feel so much lighter and happier to have things GONE.
Grateful (in a way) that my older son was rejected from his last college (waitlisted forever). It makes his final decision much less difficult (it's an in-state school that's very similar to the one he's attending, but less than half the price). Plus he now has a definite roommate for the fall, since his friend got his final rejection from the in-state school too. ;)
Grateful that he seems to hear me when I talk to him about taking on more adult responsibility around the house.
Grateful my younger son got some more merit badges last night. He says he wants to be an Eagle Scout and is very capable, but he has a lot going on so this gets pushed to the side.
Grateful for helpful and informative Facebook groups.
Grateful to be sober.

Alpine 05-17-2022 04:02 AM

Grateful for another day
Grateful for the rain and thunderstorms yesterday
Grateful I finished quilting the wall hanging I am making and now just working on the binding
Grateful for SR and all of you

Numblady 05-17-2022 04:32 AM

So much to say but so little time!

Grateful to have an incredibly and surprisingly supportive talk with my mom yesterday. Had really steeled my nerves for a terrible talk. And thank whomever/whatever I didn’t need that.
Grateful for Turs and anyone helping to try and get formula to moms and babies who need it. i am so distressed for them. Who would have thought in such modern times it would be so hard for us to manufacture things? I know there are many and complex reasons. It just saddens me.
Grateful to deal with some bullying behavior by my daughter last night. At least in part. Painful but grateful the other parents reached out.
Grateful for this group.